Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (232 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

:depressed: Why did he have to leave...

---------- Post added 05.09.2012 at 23:39 ----------

I know. It sounds from you, the Australians, that this league is horrible. How bad it really is?

P.S

From short explore in wikipedia (Teams, squads) it looks like a deep shit.
It is a very young league, it isn't horrible, it has gotten better but it isn't the best. It will continue to grow, this signing could be huge, even if Alex is nearing the end of his career he is not coming here to retire. He is still competitive.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:lol: A-League is the most terrible league teams can barely string 3 passes together. He is going to score 40 goals.

So he'll come to Melbourne only two times during the season? :( I don't want to go to Sydney.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I know. It sounds from you, the Australians, that this league is horrible. How bad it really is?

P.S

From short explore in wikipedia (Teams, squads) it looks like a deep shit.
It's not necessarily horrible, but they defintely play the english style of game which most on here (including myself) find unattractive & boring. Although, I've heard it's most similar to the dutch league. In terms of quality the best team (right now Roar or Sydney with Ale ;)) would probably be a relegation candidate Serie B team if that.

:lol: A-League is the most terrible league teams can barely string 3 passes together. He is going to score 40 goals.

So he'll come to Melbourne only two times during the season? :( I don't want to go to Sydney.
2 year deal. Hopefully some finals action too.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Still can't believe this is happening! ADP in my home town :) Yes the league isn't the greatest but it's getting better year after year and the league along with Sydney FC will have a lot more followers! Now time to cross off the days on my calendar till I get to see him LIVE! Yehhhhh buddy!!

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Good luk Ale.

I was thinking that if the only option was joining Sydney, i'd rather he joined some club in the Gluf, where football is much more popular, League are more competitive and he'll be like a God there, but i think he was thinking much more abuot life experience w

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 223)