Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (83 Viewers)

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
i can't imagine juve with del piero but it's really sad to see him not play. At this point I wouldn't be opposed to him leaving in January to go to a club where he will get playing time and be appreciated as he's clearly not here. He wouldn't even be cup tied. Every time he plays he show he's still got the class and the hunger so he should go to a team that needs him and leave this team that no longer want him

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's pretty fucking incredible how bad a club we are when it comes to dealing with our own legends. Sometimes I hate Juventus. And it's not that he should play all the time. It's just the way we treat him.

I remember a commentator when he came on in the Catania game:

"E come capita spesso: entra Del Piero e smetta di piovere" - "And as happens a lot: Del Piero enters and the rain stops"

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
PS I have to catch Rab in number of posts in this thread before DP hangs his boots. I know my mission... watch out Rabinho, I'm coming for your ass :D

Aug 17, 2007
It's pretty fucking incredible how bad a club we are when it comes to dealing with our own legends. Sometimes I hate Juventus. And it's not that he should play all the time. It's just the way we treat him.

I remember a commentator when he came on in the Catania game:

"E come capita spesso: entra Del Piero e smetta di piovere" - "And as happens a lot: Del Piero enters and the rain stops"
+REP for the whole post. And I steal this quote

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Del Piero told to consider Prem
By Football Italia staff

Alessandro Del Piero has been urged to play on by Manchester City tactician Roberto Mancini. “Life doesn’t end with Juventus.”

The club captain, now 37, will leave his beloved Old Lady at the end of the season once his contract expires.

Del Piero has intimated that he won’t hang up his boots and Mancio thinks that will be the right decision.

“Alex is 37 and he can still enjoy himself in the game,” the former Sampdoria and Lazio player told the Corriere dello Sport.

“He needs to go and look for a different championship, maybe even the Premier League, but there are others.

“Life doesn’t end with Juventus.”

Swiss side Sion have claimed an interest in netting the player who joined Juventus from Padova in the summer of 1993.

A move to Japan or America are also understood to be options for the 2006 World Cup winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)