Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (83 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I think he has much more to offer against the teams like Palermo and Cagliari rather than those of Inter style who don't give him much space. He can turn the game in big matches too by one moment of magic, that's for sure but I'd rather have him play against the likes of Palermo even if it means having him at risk against Inter. We will get a CL place by beating those mid table teams.
Hmm...I don't know...DP tends to have perfect games against 'big' teams.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I thought it would have taken longer for the "I love Ale but he shouldn't start anymore" posts to disappear. Del Piero must be doing something right, I guess.

Could it be that people have realized that your best & most in form players should start, regardless of their age?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I thought it would have taken longer for the "I love Ale but he shouldn't start anymore" posts to disappear. Del Piero must be doing something right, I guess.

Could it be that people have realized that your best & most in form players should start, regardless of their age?
Or it could be that they realized how limited and pricks they are?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero: "It was a penalty but we can't go backwards we have to look ahead of us. I'm unhappy with the result but we have to accept the criticism and negative comments. "

He was then asked about Pastore who is being compared to Zidane " They have similar characteristics but you can't compare him to Zidane"

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Personally I promised to myself and a couple of mods and members that I will stay out of potential fights and in this forum the easiest way to start a fight is to talk crap about Zlatan or Del Piero. So even if there is a negative thing I think about DP, I will not say it to avoid fights, or I will choose my words more carefully.

Now, eventhough I was never one of those "I love him but..." members, I think that they had the bigger picture in mind and were talking future times, not this limited team where without DP there is no threat in attack. I made the prediction that he will be our league's topscorer, which didn't start well, but I had an opposite opinion of what should be done by him and with him from next season. The attacker is usually the team's topscorer and in a team with Quag, Amauri and Iaquinta, you don't need to be Einstein to predict who's gonna be the topscorer. The 33 year old Di Natale is a great player for Udinese, he was even serie A topscorer with 29 goals, but a big team can not afford to have Di Natale as the best player and savior. From September 1st we didn't have a choice anymore so saying that DP shouldn't start for Juve was useless, because in the current Juve there isn't a better attacker, but in order to be big again we need revolution and revolution also includes better quality in attack compared to what we have. We don't just need attackers who are unstoppable for defenders playing in minnow leagues (see Hustini's sig) we need attackers unstoppable for the best defenses.

In short, I am and will be still in favor of buying Cassano, no matter what it takes for that to be done. You might blame me for setting my mind on that already and not being open to other solutions and not trusting the current bunch in our attack, and you might be right, but I really don't think that the support strikers in this Juve will do enough for me to change my mind on that.

Aug 17, 2007
Del Piero: "It was a penalty but we can't go backwards we have to look ahead of us. I'm unhappy with the result but we have to accept the criticism and negative comments. "

He was then asked about Pastore who is being compared to Zidane " They have similar characteristics but you can't compare him to Zidane"
BTW, About the PK- in a post match interview to Premium Calcio the hosts said:"Ale, what can you say about the penalty? Cesari here (ex-ref) says there was a clear foul". Ale's answer was:"well, you know, Cesari is always right", and they all laughed there :)

This man is a legend...and when Sacchi start talks to him and says :"Ciao Alex" he answers with :"Buona Sera Mister". Not like fucking Zlatan...Man, Ale even called Serse Cosmi 'Mister' Yesterday...Cosmi, the clown with the hat that asked Ronaldinho for his sig.

Forza Ale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)