Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (84 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Alex angered by Juve collapse
Wednesday 22 April, 2009

Juventus skipper Alessandro Del Piero has confessed his frustration at the Scudetto slipping away and claims he has no say on transfer policy.

The Bianconeri could only grab a draw against Inter in the Derby d'Italia and trail their rivals by 10 points with six games remaining.

The Old Lady are expected to invest heavily in the summer to try and usurp Inter next term.

“It's not as simple as just bringing in two or three champions,” Del Piero explained to Tuttosport.

“There are lots of other factors involved. For example, we played several games at night in the winter this season.

“On these evenings it was very cold or humid, which didn't help and then there were the refereeing errors that influenced results.

“But it was our fault because defensive and attacking mistakes stopped us achieving what we could have. We need to put that right because I don't want to finish second or third again.

“As far as transfers are concerned I have never vetoed any swoop,” Alex continued.

“The reason for that is very simple. I don't talk to the club about the transfer market and they don't ask for my opinion.”

to be taken wit a pinch of salt considering the source?

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Alex angered by Juve collapse
Wednesday 22 April, 2009

Juventus skipper Alessandro Del Piero has confessed his frustration at the Scudetto slipping away and claims he has no say on transfer policy.

The Bianconeri could only grab a draw against Inter in the Derby d'Italia and trail their rivals by 10 points with six games remaining.

The Old Lady are expected to invest heavily in the summer to try and usurp Inter next term.

“It's not as simple as just bringing in two or three champions,” Del Piero explained to Tuttosport.

“There are lots of other factors involved. For example, we played several games at night in the winter this season.

“On these evenings it was very cold or humid, which didn't help and then there were the refereeing errors that influenced results.

“But it was our fault because defensive and attacking mistakes stopped us achieving what we could have. We need to put that right because I don't want to finish second or third again.
“As far as transfers are concerned I have never vetoed any swoop,” Alex continued.

“The reason for that is very simple. I don't talk to the club about the transfer market and they don't ask for my opinion.”

to be taken wit a pinch of salt considering the source?
sig material...thanks for the article whisky-juve

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Rab, tell your mate to start scoring from free kicks again.
those numbers from Alen are so bad, considering playing time etc.

1. Del Piero - 1 goal/assist every 106 minutes
2. Giovinco - 1 goal/assist every 120 minutes

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
You're saying subbing Del Piero for Giovinco at that point was wrong?

Yes I am. We were losing, no matter we were down to ten men, if Inter score again so what? Losing is losing, we needed goals, & without a win we were handing them the title, bringing off Del Piero is a bad decision. So was wasting a sub changing left backs, Molinaro should've made way for Seba, when down to 10 & losing you go 3 at back - esp seen as teams winning v 10 go 1 up front, & even if they dont 3 is more than enough. The following is just a rough idea, but sure you get my point

-----------------------Buffon

--------Grygera------Legro-------Chiellini

----------------Poulsen-----Nedved

------Iaquinta---------Del Piero--------Giovinco

------------------------Trez

Ranieri's tactical ineptitude knows no limits

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yes I am. We were losing, no matter we were down to ten men, if Inter score again so what? Losing is losing, we needed goals, & without a win we were handing them the title, bringing off Del Piero is a bad decision. So was wasting a sub changing left backs, Molinaro should've made way for Seba, when down to 10 & losing you go 3 at back - esp seen as teams winning v 10 go 1 up front, & even if they dont 3 is more than enough. The following is just a rough idea, but sure you get my point

-----------------------Buffon

--------Grygera------Legro-------Chiellini

----------------Poulsen-----Nedved

------Iaquinta---------Del Piero--------Giovinco

------------------------Trez

Ranieri's tactical ineptitude knows no limits

He is tactically inept because he didn't do what you wanted?

I would also remind you that Juve equalised after going down to ten men, so the changes he made can't have been that bad.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Rab, tell your mate to start scoring from free kicks again.
those numbers from Alen are so bad, considering playing time etc.

1. Del Piero - 1 goal/assist every 106 minutes
2. Giovinco - 1 goal/assist every 120 minutes
Those are old stats. The latest ones are:

1. Del Piero - 1 goal/assist every 109 minutes
2. Giovinco - 1 goal/assist every 114 minutes
3. Iaquinta - 1 goal/assist every 126 minutes
4. Camoranesi - 1 goal/assist every 153 minutes
5. Amauri - 1 goal/assist every 160 minutes
6. Trezeguet - 1 goal/assist every 194 minutes

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I'm No Mummy's Boy, Says Del Piero

Alessandro del Piero hit back on Tuesday after Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli ordered him to raise his game ahead of next Serie A season – and warned that the club can no longer afford to treat him like a "mummy’s boy".

Cobolli Gigli hit out after one of the highest-paid player in Italy lost form last month, a development blamed in many quarters for the Turin side's inevitable Scudetto defeat to Inter.

He said: "We were very prudent with Del Piero last month. We protected him quite a bit, but next season he will be treated just like the others. If he doesn't play well, he won't get picked."

The striker dismissed Cobolli Gigli's "mummy’s boy" jibe but acknowledged that he deserved no special treatment in a team packed with talent. The Azzurri star said: "What Cobolli Gigli was talking about is valid for all players, not just me. If you don't play well, you don't deserve to play – that’s obvious. Sure, I receive affection from the club, but I have never asked for it."

Del Piero added that he did not feel under extra pressure to justify his vast salary, thought to be worth around £70,000 a week.

"It's right that Juventus want more from me," he said. "But my contract isn't a problem and I don't think that Agnelli said anything about that. My contract not only concerns football but my commercial value and I think that Juventus get value for money from me."

"There is a powerful connection between me, Juventus and the supporters," Del Piero said. "Now we have a great team, stronger than last season.

"I have to play better, that’s true. But I'm relaxed. All the luck came my way for a few years when we won everything, now I’m due some more."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 81)