Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (41 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Like I said before, playing one game per week for Alex is anything but good. The more he plays the better he perform. The rest thing can be being subs during matches.

Anyway, now we can't complain much since we're out of CL. But If Lippi thought he did Ale a favor in resting him like he stated, then I see he didn't do him any good.

One game per week is never good for the likes of Ale, just like it was never good for Zidane at Ale's age....etc.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Chelsea Goalkeeper Cech: Juventus' Del Piero Is The Best Penalty Taker
The 26-year-old has claimed that Italy's Golden Boy, Del Piero, is the most proficient when it comes to shooting from 12 yards

Chelsea star Petr Cech is preparing for his side's Champions League encounter with Liverpool on Wednesday. The Czech international is considered one of the best in the business and in an interview with the UEFA official website, revealed who he thought had a safe pair of hands.

"Who is the best goalkeeper in the world? It's always hard to choose because there are so many great goalkeepers," he mused.

"Let's say one of [Gianluigi] Buffon, [Iker] Casillas, [Edwin] Van der Sar, Julio Cesar, and [Pepe] Reina."

However, when it came to taking spot-kicks, Cech only had one name in mind.

"Who is good at shooting penalties? The best is [Alessandro] Del Piero."

Interestingly, the Juventus talisman recently coolly finished a penalty past the Blues shot stopper in the last round of the Champions League, converting in the 2-2 draw in Turin on March 11.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Reports: Rift in Juve ranks

All is not well in the Juventus camp as reports suggest that Claudio Ranieri and Alessandro Del Piero are at loggerheads.

The Old Lady slipped to a costly 3-3 draw against Chievo last weekend and now trail Inter by nine points in the Scudetto race.

Reports in the Corriere dello Sport state that Ranieri gave his squad a severe dressing down today, but Del Piero didn't turn up until after the Coach's speech.

It has been suggested that Alex was seething at being substituted at half-time against Chievo.

Ranieri has turned to Vincenzo Iaquinta and Sebastian Giovinco more regularly of late and a lack of first-team action may be vexing Del Piero.

Juventus have a testing trip to Genoa this weekend and cannot afford to fail, it remains to be seen whether Del Piero will be on the teamsheet.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Another fine reason to respect Cech.
I actually don't respect Cech. He makes too many bone-headed moves to be considered among the best GKs in the world. Which these days seems purely based on the merits of his Russian oil salary and the fact that he plays in the Premiership.

oh noes!....

When he gets like this...sometimes things turn ugly.
I forgot who got flamed here earlier for saying that Del Piero can be a bit too much of a complainer when he gets subbed, particularly for a team captain. People blew it off with jokes about him throwing his jacket.

But it's stories like this that, IMO, put Del Piero in a very unprofessional light. Clearly, a captain is not helping the morale of his team when word like this gets around.

And while I'm hardly a defender of Ranieri, and we don't know exactly what was said, but this team deserved a dressing down after choking 3-3 at home to Chievo in the heat of a Scudetto race. There really is no excuse. Camo got it right: Chievo should be thinking about how many goals they're going to surrender, not whether they're going to win or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)