Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (84 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Happy Birthday Alex!

Alessandro Del Piero turns 34 today and Goal.com wishes the Juventus captain a happy birthday.

The legendary Old Lady stalwart could not have hoped for a better way to celebrate this important milestone: one of his trademark free-kicks opened the scoring against Roma at the Stadio Olimpico last weekend, but the real fireworks set off in midweek.

Pinturicchio brought out his best canvas and painted a masterpiece which the
Santiago Bernabeu crowd admired in awe.

Prior to the Champions League game with Real Madrid, Alex the Great had indeed voiced his desire to score in one of the football temples of the world, but his
performance against Los Merengues was simply spectacular.

The Conegliano Veneto native almost single-handedly tore the Spanish champions to pieces in their own backyard, driving home a left-foot shot from outside the penalty area in the first half and then curling another superb set-piece past helpless goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

It was a memorable evening for the Number 10, which earned him a booming standing ovation from the Bernabeu fans and one that will undoubtedly enter European football history books.

Alex seems to be truly rolling back the years this term, and his extraordinary efforts in Madrid brought back memories of his sensational heroics in the early days of his career, a career which seemed to be in tatters after the devastating knee injury suffered in 1999 at the Stadio Friuli in Udine.

But the champion fought back and continues to charm fans all over the world, regardless of the hands of time. Happy birthday Pinturicchio!

-------------------------------------------------
a sweeeet GOAL.COM article ..!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IL CAPITANO ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO ..
i wish my mom waited for 3 more days .. mine is on the 6th of November :p

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
«On behalf of all those working at Juventus and of the supporters I would like to wish to our captain a life full of extraordinary emotions like the ones he gave us on Wednesday night at Madrid».
With these words president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli wished happy birthday to Alessandro Del Piero.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Happy Birthday Alex!

Alessandro Del Piero turns 34 today and Goal.com wishes the Juventus captain a happy birthday.

The legendary Old Lady stalwart could not have hoped for a better way to celebrate this important milestone: one of his trademark free-kicks opened the scoring against Roma at the Stadio Olimpico last weekend, but the real fireworks set off in midweek.

Pinturicchio brought out his best canvas and painted a masterpiece which the
Santiago Bernabeu crowd admired in awe.

Prior to the Champions League game with Real Madrid, Alex the Great had indeed voiced his desire to score in one of the football temples of the world, but his
performance against Los Merengues was simply spectacular.

The Conegliano Veneto native almost single-handedly tore the Spanish champions to pieces in their own backyard, driving home a left-foot shot from outside the penalty area in the first half and then curling another superb set-piece past helpless goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

It was a memorable evening for the Number 10, which earned him a booming standing ovation from the Bernabeu fans and one that will undoubtedly enter European football history books.

Alex seems to be truly rolling back the years this term, and his extraordinary efforts in Madrid brought back memories of his sensational heroics in the early days of his career, a career which seemed to be in tatters after the devastating knee injury suffered in 1999 at the Stadio Friuli in Udine.

But the champion fought back and continues to charm fans all over the world, regardless of the hands of time. Happy birthday Pinturicchio!

-------------------------------------------------
a sweeeet GOAL.COM article ..!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IL CAPITANO ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO ..
i wish my mom waited for 3 more days .. mine is on the 6th of November :p
I dont believe word of this article as it is from goal.com he must really be 36,played terrible in midweek and is generally hated by the fans:p

nah seriously i wish our beloved capitano a very happy birthday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)