Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (127 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't he will be, or should he be, excluded given his performances until this point, the catch is that on the international level, everyone is quicker, more physical and better than the ones Alex is playing against in Italy,but I think he deserves another shot at the EURO
I don't buy that at all. When he can't get on the scoresheet vs Azerbaijan except from a freekick it's not because the opposition is impossible to beat. Not to mention the too-obvious-to-mention fact that if there is one place a striker meets his match it's Serie A.

It's just a matter of playing well on one team, but not the other. The coach isn't the same, the teammates aren't the same, the tactics aren't the same. You get far less time to train with your team, and the matches are rare. It's a completely different environment, some players don't thrive on that.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
No Amauri coz he didn;t take part in the qualifiers..maybe wc2010, but not euro 2008.
Del Piero can be used as a set piece taker/super sub role.
Up front i would start with Toni and Di Natale. With Cassano and Quarella being the other two strikers.
Is Boriellio the real deal? Hope he isn;t one season wonder like Tavano. He hasn;t prove himself on the nternational scene and hasnt take part in qualifier also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 121)