Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (132 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Dominic said:
Look he's a great dribbler with awesome technique, but he IS slow.
Not always, Dominic, I admit there were serveral games where I saw him really slow. But then again, when he's up to it and in good shape/condition everything, I really see him running fast. But again, he sure can't run like before.

Jul 28, 2002
Azzurri7 said:
I think Del Piero has to what recover into his speed. Not everyone is fast, But when Del Piero is in good condition and form, I can see him past dribbling defenders without a problem, and It'll be too late for them to catch him. It's just that when he's off-form or not in his best days, he seems to look slow. In-fact he's neither slow or fast.
What he needs to do is recover his golden ability of being able to beat his man consitantly.

If Dp regains that he will be doing somthing only totti can currently do in the azzuri.

Jul 28, 2002
Dominic said:
Look he's a great dribbler with awesome technique, but he IS slow.
You dont always need electrice pace to be a good dribbler, totti isnt exaclty fast is he, neither is crappano or zidane. Its doing the right thing with the ball is what is important.Pace is jus a less skillfull way of beating your man.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
#10 said:
What he needs to do is recover his golden ability of being able to beat his man consitantly.

If Dp regains that he will be doing somthing only totti can currently do in the azzuri.

Thats right...Thats what I was trying to say. If he can recover his golden ability and confidence then there's no problem in seein him shining.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
#10 said:
You dont always need electrice pace to be a good dribbler, totti isnt exaclty fast is he, neither is crappano or zidane. Its doing the right thing with the ball is what is important.Pace is jus a less skillfull way of beating your man.

Save the speech....Well said, Jhon.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Most importantly he lacks running souplesse. Compare the way Del Piero runs with the way Henry runs. Big difference if you ask me?

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Del Piero doesn't have speed but he has accelaration... that's the important thing for strikers. Just like Trezeguet. You need to position yourself well and have the ability to score goals. Forget all the passes, assists, contriubtion - Del Piero's form this year has been high because one major thing and it's called GOALS. Del Piero's scoring abilities in terms of matches and minutes have been incredible. So that's why I want him in the pitch... scoring those goals. He scored from every position this year and from different situations, complete player.

But alas, it's all theoretic. There are no indications that Lippi will field Del Piero. In fact it's pretty much confirmed that he'll stick with Totti-Gila-Toni (seriously, we also knew this before the WC)... so he might get in the 70th might later like same time.... nothing big. This is the current situation.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
It's differnet techniques. Henry is a more solo player... while Del Piero is involved in passes leading to goals. That's where Del Piero has an advantage I think. That's why Henry keeps running the ball trying to score on his own. What bothers me is that Del Piero doesn't take enough shots anymore at the goal and tries to pass instead. If he took more shots, he would score even more like in the past.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
#10 said:
Technique is a minimum, id say henry is equal in terms of technique.
i'd have to disagree, henry is all about speed, in terms of technical brilliance del peiro is superior, not to say henry's technique isnt also great

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Loppan said:
I've been away so what happend there?
Uncle Alex got pissed off cause he wasn't playing good and the pressure of the Juventus scandal propably got to him so he got mad ya ? he took a bat and smacked this underage 19 year old (he tackled him so so he can feel better and release the anxiety) and Lippi grabbed him by the arm and took him away. Later on, our poor hero apologised to Lippi but Lippi didn't give him face and left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)