Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (139 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Seven said:
Here's a less nice one. On another note, Del Piero seems to have overcome his weight problem. He looks in shape.
Yes he has thank god. But is this the picture when he was pulled out by Lippi while playing the U-19's ?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Dominic said:
I'm not talking about his play, i'm talking about he runs and has run the past years.
How can you talk about his runs, when he only had one run to do against ghana?

Run his past years??? I guess we have heard enough of this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dominic said:
I think it's just the picture, he was still running like an old maid against Ghana.
That's because of his legs. He doesn't seem very agile if you ask me. As if he hasn't stretched for five years :D.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
How can you talk about his runs, when he only had one run to do against ghana?
It's more than enough, when it confirms how he has been running for a long time now.

Il Re said:
he's definately a lot slower, but "old maid" is a little harsh, when he's on form, he has some bursts of speed
Of course it's a little harsh, but it demonstrates his diminished speed better.

Seven said:
That's because of his legs. He doesn't seem very agile if you ask me. As if he hasn't stretched for five years :D.
Haha yeah, stiff leggs.

Anyway, DP's lack of speed is costly at times for his play. Often when he has dribbled past an opponent, they easily catch up again. DP rarely breaks free nowadays.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Dominic said:
Anyway, DP's lack of speed is costly at times for his play. Often when he has dribbled past an opponent, they easily catch up again. DP rarely breaks free nowadays.
This is very true, against werder he was getting past players but they would catch up, and sampdoria i remember alex was doing some very good skilsl but not beating the players fast enough, do u think its just age? despite his slowdown, he still is a very skillfull dribbler and can do some magical things on the pitch :)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Il Re said:
This is very true, against werder he was getting past players but they would catch up, and sampdoria i remember alex was doing some very good skilsl but not beating the players fast enough, do u think its just age? despite his slowdown, he still is a very skillfull dribbler and can do some magical things on the pitch :)
Age, inagile leggs, his weight and injuries have all contributed to the slowdown I think.

Jul 28, 2002
To be fair Lippi has to prove his critics wrong and provide reason for taking the Iaquinta....DP is a proven entity, Iaquinta has got a lot to prove in terms of why he was more deserving of a place than the heroic Lucarelli or even the crappano.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think Del Piero has to what recover into his speed. Not everyone is fast, But when Del Piero is in good condition and form, I can see him past dribbling defenders without a problem, and It'll be too late for them to catch him. It's just that when he's off-form or not in his best days, he seems to look slow. In-fact he's neither slow or fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 137)