Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (39 Viewers)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Totti, simply put, is a winner whereas Del Piero tends to choke. Of course Totti's determination makes him the ****ing asshole he is.
I don't remember a time when Totti did shine in a big occasion. If you ask me, the last time he was asked to bring his team to victory, the result was that he spat on a player.

Not that Alex is always great in big matches (let's say noone is perfect ;)), but at least sometimes he did shine in his career in important games.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I have the feeling Del Piero will score a classic and unforgettable goal which wins us a title this year. And by that turning all his bashers and former fans to his side again.
Except for that, he's been pretty crappy this season in total. But... right now things are looking to be heading the right way for him.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Esteban ] ++
I have the feeling Del Piero will score a classic and unforgettable goal which wins us a title this year. And by that turning all his bashers and former fans to his side again.
Except for that, he's been pretty crappy this season in total. But... right now things are looking to be heading the right way for him.
I don't think Del Piero has been crappy. He has been awfully inconsistent, but despite having problems with Capello and his achilles tendon he's still our topscorer and has put in some match-winning performances. He has been very good in patches, quite poor at times, but overall I'd say he's having a decent season.

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
Zidane is better than Beckham at freekicks as well, Becks is so overrated when it comes to free kicks (he's overrated fullstop).

Zidane should take all set pieces for Real - except against Juve of course.

Matt Le Tissier was a great penalty taker as well - remember him?
Becks is overrated in every single part of his game, but he is surely the best free kicker in the world...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Becks is overrated in every single part of his game, but he is surely the best free kicker in the world...
The best? I have even seen better 1s. For example Mihajlovic.
About PKs, I'm learning to shoot the way DP does.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I would agree Mihajlovic (I copied your spelling ZhiXin!) is one of the best. But he's so crap at everything else. He's a dirty bugger as well.

I honestly think Becks is overrated on free kicks, he does score some quality ones, but 75% of them are poor.

Dec 26, 2004
I would agree Mihajlovic (I copied your spelling ZhiXin!) is one of the best. But he's so crap at everything else. He's a dirty bugger as well.

I honestly think Becks is overrated on free kicks, he does score some quality ones, but 75% of them are poor.
Every single detail of Becks is overrated by the media begining of his hair style and ending with whie football skills...
but I find it hard not to admit that he the best Free Kicker in th e world...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003

More like 65%, which is pretty good. It's a rare player who can do it more consistantly than that - Mihilovic being the recent example.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Moggi Applauds Del Piero’s Fair Play
3/7/2005 1:22:00 PM
In a very tense and rough game, the Juve captain’s non-reaction towards Cufre’s slap was the highlight of the match.
That Roma-Juve would have been a very hard-fought encounter was something that was quite obvious, but that it would turn into such a battle was something of a disgrace according to the Bianconeri’s General Director Luciano Moggi.

“On the pitch it was a game of kicks. We had already warned our players during the week and invited them many times not to accept the provocations and don’t react. And so it was.”

Moggi had words of praise for Alessandro Del Piero who did not create a scene when at one point Cufre tried to provoke the Juve captain by slapping him on the face.

“Did you see what happened to Del Piero? When they say that our players are professionals apart from champions...They slapped him and he did not react, on the contrary, he responded with fair play which Cufre will not forget for a long time: he complimented his opponent for the nice gesture…”

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
I dont think Del Piero has scored a goal on a free kick this year yet. I want him to do it again madrid and a volley like he scored against monaco when barthez was there do you guys remember that goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)