Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (29 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++

source?
I believe he's correct on all counts. I know for sure that DP has scored 12 goals in all competitions this season and 117 in his Serie A career, but as for total goals, I'm not sure if it's 169 or 170.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
what are the odds on dp choking today??:groan:
I would be content with a performance similar to the one he conjured when we played Roma in the Delle Alpi.

Jul 28, 2002
he better play well, i could take the jib from the my mates if we get beat...and he is the magician we need.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
This match made me realise that whilst tottis ball skills are better then DP, DPs mentality is by far superior.

Forza DP!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
This match made me realise that whilst tottis ball skills are better then DP, DPs mentality is by far superior.

Forza DP!
no need to argue about that

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
seriously. Who here among us would convert a penalty like DP did today? Under SUCH pressure. And he kept his composure wonderfully. DP is the true gentleman every footballer and human being alike should follow his example.

Oct 29, 2004
agreed i dnt think that any wud argue that totti actually has more talent than DP but dp, but talent is all totti has, he has no idea of how he shud be nurturing it.
in the game insted of kicking zebina/emerson if he had tried to play football roma mite have won

when its all sed and done DP will be an italian legend and totti wont, simple as that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++
agreed i dnt think that any wud argue that totti actually has more talent than DP but dp,
I do question that. Sure, Totti has been a better player for over 4 years now, but does that mean he's more talented than Del Piero? Ale in his best years obviously was a more talented player than Totti and though Totti is a great football player, I don't think it's as much a matter of talent as it is of determination. Totti, simply put, is a winner whereas Del Piero tends to choke. Of course Totti's determination makes him the ****ing asshole he is.

Aug 26, 2003
for me del Piero is / was the most talented player in his time! But we all know the story, Totti is of course one of the best players in the world, but IMO he has not the talent Del Piero has, but still he has better played the last years (because of injurey from Ale) the difference Del Piero is a real champion who will be remembered and Totti is a ashole!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
DP did a couple of bits of skill in the first 5 minutes of the game today that were brilliant, very subtle but completely fooled his marker. It was great to see. A match for anything Totti did - easily.

I have questioned his drive and his ability to fire up teammates on the pitch in the past, but he was excellent tonight. I was disappointed that he went off so early but understand Capello's reasons for doing so.

Anyway, I thought DP played very well tonight, and I thought his professionalism and composure was outstanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)