Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (39 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
While on the subject of DP vs Totti, did anyone see when Ale used his skill to skip away from a Totti challenge and win a free kick? :cool:

I wouldn't say that Totti is more talented or naturally gifted than Del Piero, just that he's more consistent. On his day DP is one of the best support strikers in the world.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
seriously. Who here among us would convert a penalty like DP did today? Under SUCH pressure. And he kept his composure wonderfully. DP is the true gentleman every footballer and human being alike should follow his example.
Del Piero is easily one of the best penalty kick takers in the world.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

The best if ya ask me....
Indeed 1 of the best, very hard for keepers to catch his path.
Besides he can still remain so confident despite all the fighting in today's game. Pure class.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Maybe bcuz he is one of the best PK taker in the world...
My theory is that after they designated Figo to be first choice PK taker,they felt switching to Zidane immediately after the latter's arrival would show they valued him more.This would go against Perez's policies of having a team of equal Galacticos,all getting 100k p/w wages and superstar status in the team.Also Figo's place in the dressing room is undisputed,being one of Raul's closest teammates along with Roberto Carlos and Guti,and Real have always had a thing for their captain's preferences.

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

My theory is that after they designated Figo to be first choice PK taker,they felt switching to Zidane immediately after the latter's arrival would show they valued him more.This would go against Perez's policies of having a team of equal Galacticos,all getting 100k p/w wages and superstar status in the team.Also Figo's place in the dressing room is undisputed,being one of Raul's closest teammates along with Roberto Carlos and Guti,and Real have always had a thing for their captain's preferences.
Watching most of Real Madrid games I can assure ya that Figo is thier best performing player this year....
I never liked him after he left Barcelona, but he is surely one of the best PK taker in the world, so calm, and has a distinct ability of prediciting keeper's move, just watch how he slow down for a second before he shoots, takes a quick look at the keeper response then he makes his shooting decision in the last second....
And believe me it is not easy for any footballer....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I like how Zidane takes penalties, and I really dont get why Figo is the designated penalty taker :undecide:
If I was in charge of Real I'd have Zidane take the penalties as well.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
seriously. Who here among us would convert a penalty like DP did today? Under SUCH pressure. And he kept his composure wonderfully. DP is the true gentleman every footballer and human being alike should follow his example.
Forza Captain!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
While on the subject of DP vs Totti, did anyone see when Ale used his skill to skip away from a Totti challenge and win a free kick? :cool:

I wouldn't say that Totti is more talented or naturally gifted than Del Piero, just that he's more consistent. On his day DP is one of the best support strikers in the world.
:thumb:

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Zidane is better than Beckham at freekicks as well, Becks is so overrated when it comes to free kicks (he's overrated fullstop).

Zidane should take all set pieces for Real - except against Juve of course.

Matt Le Tissier was a great penalty taker as well - remember him?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I like how Zidane takes penalties, and I really dont get why Figo is the designated penalty taker :undecide:
I take penalties just like Figo; the stutter-step always throws the keeper off and usually they just stand there in shock.

Matt Le Tissier was a great player, and Mendieta was a great player who was played out of position at Lazio and not given the time of day by Lazio supporters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)