Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (37 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Va dentro il pallone, lo mette fuori Cannavaro…poi ancora insiste Podolski, CANNAVARO, CANNAVARO!Via il contropiede con Totti, dentro il pallone per Gilardino, Gilardino la può tenere anche vicino alla bandierina, cerca l’uno contro uno…dentro Del Piero, DEL PIEROOOO GOOOOOOOL ALEEEX DEL PIEROOOO…CHIUDETE LE VALIGIE, SI VA A BERLINO BEPPE, SI VA A BERLINO

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You know the weird thing about that goal is that it was the 2-0 obviously and the game was pretty much done before it anyway. Yet every Italian who was alive at the time knows that commentary from Caressa by heart.

If Italians think about 2006, it is that commentary that comes to mind.

I think it's because that goal made sure of the final, but the manner in which it arrived somehow made it obvious that this was going to be Italy's year. The way Cannavaro takes that ball from Podolski is nothing short of glorious, but he's then pushed away by Totti who claims the ball all for himself. Gilardino's assist is probably the highlight of his career and is nothing short of stunning and then there's the fact that on the screen (unlike Gilardino himself), you see Del Piero coming, you see all of it unfolding. You see Gilardino's perfect set up and you're on the edge of your seat and then he curls it in so beautifully.

Man, I love counter attack goals!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You know the weird thing about that goal is that it was the 2-0 obviously and the game was pretty much done before it anyway. Yet every Italian who was alive at the time knows that commentary from Caressa by heart.

I think it's because that goal made sure of the final, but the manner in which it arrived somehow made it obvious that this was going to be Italy's year. The way Cannavaro takes that ball from Podolski is nothing short of glorious, but he's then pushed away by Totti who claims the ball all for himself. Gilardino's assist is probably the highlight of his career and is nothing short of stunning and then there's the fact that on the screen (unlike Gilardino himself), you see Del Piero coming, you see all of it unfolding. You see Gilardino's perfect set up and you're on the edge of your seat and then he curls it in so beautifully.

Yeah, it was building building and a huge release came to the whole country. Beautiful moment in Calcio history.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Arsenal it is

- - - Updated - - -

i think it has to do with Germany still being in attack mode trying to get the equalizer, and there was this feel that this is not over yet. then Canna stops what was their last push and Del Piero ends them for good.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Arsenal it is

- - - Updated - - -

i think it has to do with Germany still being in attack mode trying to get the equalizer, and there was this feel that this is not over yet. then Canna stops what was their last push and Del Piero ends them for good.
Grosso must hate this goal so much :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)