Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (180 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The club provided every avenue for the player to dictate his own terms of leaving the club. They also paved the way for him to join P$G in some regard. For Ale, they scheduled everything for him. No regard for the player. It wasn't on his terms. But that's just the kind of person he is I guess. He doesn't want to cause any strife and the club gave him one ceremony to say goodbye to the fans one last time.

At the end of the day, the club mishandled the entire situation. Sadly it was quite possibly the clubs most beloved iconic player. Lucky for them it was someone who will never hold it against the club.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Ale was let go at the right time. It's sign of a top, well-managed club.

A little disappointed he isn't more involved in club matters post-retirement. I don't mean as a director (there's no room), but Trezeguet and Davids seem bigger club ambassadors. Is ADP even an official ambassador?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It rarely is on the terms of the player when you're talking about clubs of our size. They might want to stay here for life but also few want to end it as bit-part players, which is what Del Piero increasingly was. Much in the same way Raúl was for Real Madrid by the time he left.

My thoughts on Del Piero are the same now as then - the time was right even if he didn't agree with it, and might even have been a season too late. When you're scrapping for a start against Matri, Vucinic and Quagliarella it should show a few pointers.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
“Giving the award to Luka Modric was the right decision,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

:sergio:

Its like he stopped watching football when he left us.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
“Giving the award to Luka Modric was the right decision,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

Depends if you take into account WC or not, Del Piero obviously did. Ronaldo was >>> Modrič in CL last season, but Luka did lead an underdog to a WC final

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In any case, I expect CR7 to have a point to prove this season, especially combined with moving to a new league/country. Hope this fuels his motivation to prove them wrong.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
No doubt Ronaldo is going to relish the challenge. This is what may cement his place at GOAT.

Other than winning the World Cup id say winning a CL with Juve is the hardest nost prestige challenge in football

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No doubt Ronaldo is going to relish the challenge. This is what may cement his place at GOAT.

Other than winning the World Cup id say winning a CL with Juve is the hardest nost prestige challenge in football
I’d say winning a CL with Parma would be harder.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Why can't he think that, there are ALOT of people who think Modric deserves the award due to CL and WC season. It's hardly a scandal he won it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 178)