Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (41 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Based on common sense and logic. You have to work your way up through the company, unless you happen to be the owner. No one can just walk in and be president, even a former legend. That's bound to upset a lot of people.
So when l'Avvocato Gianni Agnelli offered Boniperti an executive position in the club management, where he was President for many years and was successful he had to make his way up there by starting in the toilets or as an ambassador of the club?

My question here is, if you don't know how successful the person is off the pitch and what businesses he has been running why are you talking out of your ass?

The difference here I am not saying he is qualified to take over as President but I'm not suggesting he's not qualified either just because I want to speak out of my ass.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So when l'Avvocato Gianni Agnelli pruposed Boniperti offered Boniperti an executive position in the club management, where he was President for many years and was successful he had to make his way up there by starting in the toilets or as an ambassador of the club?

My question here is, if you don't know how successful the person is off the pitch and what businesses he has been running why are you talking out of your ass?
:sigh: Of course you have to get all touchy when it come to your one true love Del Piero. I understand. However, he has no experience in managing or running a club. It would be illogical and unfair on others. Perhaps he can be given a role as an honorary president, but that's about it. If you want to be the actual CEO of a company/organization, you need to go through proper channels. Del Piero has only recently stopped playing football, and you want him to become president of one of the most successful and well run businesses in the footballing world? That's fucking insane.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
:sigh: Of course you have to get all touchy when it come to your one true love Del Piero. I understand. However, he has no experience in managing or running a club. It would be illogical and unfair on others. Perhaps he can be given a role as an honorary president, but that's about it. If you want to be the actual CEO of a company/organization, you need to go through proper channels. Del Piero has only recently stopped playing football, and you want him to become president of one of the most successful and well run businesses in the footballing world? That's fucking insane.
Did I say that?

I gave you an example on Gianni's move towards Boniperti but you are still talking non-sense.

I'll explain it one more time, I am not suggesting that he is qualified because I do not know if he is and the same should apply to you as-well, you do not know if the man is a successful business man to run a big club like Juventus.

I could give you 10's of example of men who ran their club's Presidency for the first time and succeeded without any pre-experience or trial.

Alessandro is the CEO of few businesses he owns himself, is he doing great? I don't know. Is he capable? I don't know and you don't either.

You can say that you'd rather see someone else, that sounds fair, but when you say he's not skilled or has no qualifications then you are talking out of your ass.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
We need a powerful, rich business man as our president, someone who can prevent a possibility of another Calciopoli.
I'd rather have Del Piero than Berlusconi, Zamparini or de Laurentis type of person as our president. In terms of managing the club, I think the position Marotta holds is more important than Agnelli's, I think it would be a bigger gamble to replace Marotta with Del Piero than it would be to replace Agnelli with Del Piero

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I'd rather have Del Piero than Berlusconi, Zamparini or de Laurentis type of person as our president. In terms of managing the club, I think the position Marotta holds is more important than Agnelli's, I think it would be a bigger gamble to replace Marotta with Del Piero than it would be to replace Agnelli with Del Piero
no lol, italy has proven itself to be full of corruption, collusion etc... and with the toxic atmosphere in serie a regarding us, we really need someone with real world power and influence in politics, not just a pretty face and a gentleman, well in fact I'd think agnelli isn't ruthless enough when dealing with the shit that are being thrown to us seasonally.

someone like adp is basically a sheep in a wolf lair.

it's basically like running a big company in 3rd world countries, you won't survive with someone like adp at the top of the company.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
not just about too nice of a person but 99.99% ex footballers has no influence outside football, and in a country like italy, I can't stress this enough, THIS IS ITALY, we just can't afford being defenseless outside pure footballing matters...

heck, calciopoli contained plots that supposedly only exist on matter of national security, national intelligence and other high level stuffs -wiretap-; having a leader with massive influence outside football is the only mean of defense against that kind of shit.

if we are arsenal we could consider ex footballer/club legend to be president, but no, this is italy! (with the sound of leonidas :p)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Del piero as president is a bad idea for the points exposed in this page.

We all love our hero, but he has nothign to do on that chair.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
remember calcioscomesse (sp?) ? and carrera's case? those were such blatant attack on us via outside pure footballing matters, our leader must be able to defend, or better prevent such attack on us.

with a godfather like leader like old agnellis, those attacks wouldn't even happen to us.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
not just about too nice of a person but 99.99% ex footballers has no influence outside football, and in a country like italy, I can't stress this enough, THIS IS ITALY, we just can't afford being defenseless outside pure footballing matters...

heck, calciopoli contained plots that supposedly only exist on matter of national security, national intelligence and other high level stuffs -wiretap-; having a leader with massive influence outside football is the only mean of defense against that kind of shit.

if we are arsenal we could consider ex footballer/club legend to be president, but no, this is italy! (with the sound of leonidas :p)
your point would be valid if at the time of Calciopoli we had a pink fluffy unicorn in charge and not the triade

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
your point would be valid if at the time of Calciopoli we had a pink fluffy unicorn in charge and not the triade
the triade? lol, you have no idea how power works in country like italy, do you? the triade was like ants compared to moratti.

someone on the internet was absolutely right when he stated that calciopoli would never happened under the old agnellis, simply because of the power and influence they held.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)