Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (41 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Are you stupid? He did NOT want to leave, what's so hard to understand in this? He wanted to be part of the team for one more year and his wish was rejected.
No, but you seem to be extremely dense and not worth of my time. He was old, past it and legend like him doesn't deserve to be a fringe player.

- - - Updated - - -

Though i hate it that he got replaced by mediocre strikers and so on... his time with us was over... I remember him as the best striker i have ever seen play in my life.. that last season you could say he wasn't that good anymore.. he dropped on the floor a shitload of times because he was outrun by every player.. A beautifull goodbye with a goal against Atalanta and a scudetto... what a way to say goodbye...

Also... his 2 years at sydney did him very good... him and his family.. let's just hope that he'll be on the bench next to nedved in a couple of years (or maybe next year..)
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 9, 2006
Though i hate it that he got replaced by mediocre strikers and so on... his time with us was over... I remember him as the best striker i have ever seen play in my life.. that last season you could say he wasn't that good anymore.. he dropped on the floor a shitload of times because he was outrun by every player.. A beautifull goodbye with a goal against Atalanta and a scudetto... what a way to say goodbye...

Also... his 2 years at sydney did him very good... him and his family.. let's just hope that he'll be on the bench next to nedved in a couple of years (or maybe next year..)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He declined a lot in his last season with us especially when it came to his speed but even at that level he was and still is infinitely more effective than Matri, Bentdner and Anelka combined. We even gave an old Drogba some serious consideration. There is no good way to look at how Juve treated Alex. I havent witnessed such a classless act in italian football.

It is outright shameful and cannot be compared to Madrid's treatment of Raul because the context is very different. Madrid were overhauling the squad to purchase world class players for top money in every position and had both Higuain and Benzema in his position. Since they sold Raul, the worst player they ever signed in his position was Adebayor (a very good striker) for half a season loan as an emergency signing and he did very well. Also, Raul wasnt willing to be a madrid player at a very low salary while Alex did.

If Juve were freeing Alex's position because he wanted a proper wage and some rotation game time with Tevez and Suarez I'd understand but to not even let him rotate with the mediocrity of Vucinic, giovinco, guags and the awfulness of bentdner and Anelka then that is a disgrace. I will never forgive Agnelli for this even if his reign as president is as successful as Barca's last decade.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
He declined a lot in his last season with us especially when it came to his speed but even at that level he was and still is infinitely more effective than Matri, Bentdner and Anelka combined. We even gave an old Drogba some serious consideration. There is no good way to look at how Juve treated Alex. I havent witnessed such a classless act in italian football.

It is outright shameful and cannot be compared to Madrid's treatment of Raul because the context is very different. Madrid were overhauling the squad to purchase world class players for top money in every position and had both Higuain and Benzema in his position. Since they sold Raul, the worst player they ever signed in his position was Adebayor (a very good striker) for half a season loan as an emergency signing and he did very well. Also, Raul wasnt willing to be a madrid player at a very low salary while Alex did.

If Juve were freeing Alex's position because he wanted a proper wage and some rotation game time with Tevez and Suarez I'd understand but to not even let him rotate with the mediocrity of Vucinic, giovinco, guags and the awfulness of bentdner and Anelka then that is a disgrace. I will never forgive Agnelli for this even if his reign as president is as successful as Barca's last decade.
Perfect.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006

I agree with every single word you say... but i wonder if that would be a good way to let Alex spend his last season(s)... the living legend playing some rotation matches against Catania or whatever... Now he went on to the other side of the planet and was living a life he never had... he was able to play with his childeren in the park without a thousand people asking for pictures etc. etc.... For Alessandro it were the most perfect couple of years, spending more time with his family...

We all agree with the same thing... we would love to see him play for our club.. on and on and on.. lifting scudetti and other cups.. heck i'd even play him in the CL final if we came that far next season... just so that IF we win it, he could lift the CL Cup together with Buffon... but i don't think that would be the way to go

enzo

May 14, 2012
I think people here are more offended by it then Alex is.
I believe Alex always had playing somewhere abroad in mind, so he knew he would leave Juventus one day. However, I think Alex has been mortally offended by how he was treated by Agnelli et al. @Azzurri7 is right, Alex would never say anything and he knows the difference between Andrea and Juventus.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I agree with every single word you say... but i wonder if that would be a good way to let Alex spend his last season(s)... the living legend playing some rotation matches against Catania or whatever... Now he went on to the other side of the planet and was living a life he never had... he was able to play with his childeren in the park without a thousand people asking for pictures etc. etc.... For Alessandro it were the most perfect couple of years, spending more time with his family...

We all agree with the same thing... we would love to see him play for our club.. on and on and on.. lifting scudetti and other cups.. heck i'd even play him in the CL final if we came that far next season... just so that IF we win it, he could lift the CL Cup together with Buffon... but i don't think that would be the way to go
Alex wanted to stay. He didnnt want some park time pushing his kids on a swing. Agnelli made him retire earlier than he wanted to. Sure he is happy now afterall Its not like he was ever gonna fall into depression because of this but this retirement lifestyle was forced on him.

Bartolo

May 18, 2014
if there was ever a time where a new fantasista was created, the time would be now.. we greatly miss your creativity, finishing, freekicks, dribbling, and most of all your leadership

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 30)