Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (91 Viewers)

Mar 9, 2006
weird i was always under the impression del piero and conte had a good relationship. And training seperately was probably because of dp's age and physical condition not any bad blood
You can have your own fitness coach, especially when you are old, it's not a problem but you can't miss the physical training sessions of ur team, isn't it?! i never heard about something like that before, if you are just recovered from injury you are training alone then or with other players who are in the same condition as you, and when you are 100% fit you are training with the whole team, while Del Piero was training with his coach alone in some part of Vinovo.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 9, 2006
didn't he already release a biography?
Yes, but it's not biography at all, it's a small book, the narrative is divided into 7 parts, where he explains his ups and downs, his feelings, talking about friendship, partnership, about his parents etc., he should drop huge autobiography, but it's not right time yet

this part is from "Chapter 3. Passion" of this book (google translate):
"I can not hide the fact that my last year in " Juventus " turned out to be difficult : after twenty years of playing , it's hard to look at the field from the bench. In those moments of passion for the game covers human despondency. Let's face it : neither player believes he is worthy replacement. Each of us feels the need and desire to play . If you turn on common sense , then of course you realize that the person playing field is now in better shape and scores more than you , and therefore more worthy of a place on the field. When you stop playing on Sundays , it is automatically eliminated from the rhythm of the game. This whole situation is similar to the story about the dog , which itself tried to bite its tail . And if you have no desire to play, it is highly unlikely that the coach will make you play . What is the way out of the situation ? Think of positive things to work and work more than others. And never forget that your teammates will still remain friends and not enemies, even if there is competition for a place in the eleven players. The captain must not forget about their duties and that he represents.
Sometimes it was not easy to enter the last quarter of an hour of play . Instead of being angry , I tried to analyze these fifteen minutes remaining . Sports teaches a lesson that we must be able to give all that you can, in spite of the time - let you stay one minute or forever . My career was , thank God, is quite long and still has not ended. I can say with certainty that the period of a career in " Juventus ", when the time I was little , allowed me to understand many things about myself . I confirmed my self-esteem and realized that passed the test . At such moments, one should approach yourself with understanding the right of self-criticism , but without excessive self-flagellation . I'm not one of whom think the president , coach or someone else , I - the one whom he represents. When the time comes , and I realize that it is time to stop, I'll be the first to admit it , but now that time has not yet come . I was born in order to understand the world around me every day , and why all this is happening. I can not always do that , but I try ."

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It's very very sad how Del Piero's career and relationship with Juventus came to an end.

Agnelli really $#@!ed up the way to let him go, and also Conte did it in his first year, giving Borriello more time and trust and putting DP in for garbage time in meaningless games. It was a tragedy. He's very right to be hurt.

Now when asked if he's attending the game tomorrow, he said: "Fortunately no. I have a lot of stuff to do in Turin". He really resents what they did to him, and he's actually right. And he never complained to press or anything like that which could have disturbed the atmosphere and easily taken our first Conte title away.

It's really pathetic what the relationship with arguably the most representative player of all time at Juve became with the club.

Obviously. But some would still preach how everything went perfect with Agnelli :howler:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
So Conte had nothing to do with it? I'm sure if he really wanted him in the team, he knows how to create drama. He seemed perfectly neutral about this at that time.
Whether Conte had a say or not in this (I think he had too) last word/decision was Agnelli's and the fact that he voted against Del Piero's will and replaced him with Bentdner and Anelka makes it obvious that this was pure personal issue which many refuse to see just because of the recent success domestically.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Whether Conte had a say or not in this (I think he had too) last word/decision was Agnelli's and the fact that he voted against Del Piero's will and replaced him with Bentdner and Anelka makes it obvious that this was pure personal issue which many refuse to see just because of the recent success domestically.
I don't agree with you because you're solely blaming Agnelli. He wasn't the one who brought Bendtner and Anelka.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't agree with you because you're solely blaming Agnelli. He wasn't the one who brought Bendtner and Anelka.
He knew there wouldn't be Del Piero replacement but still preferred to take him off for reasons only him and Del Piero know but then again Del Piero is too class and stairs above Agnelli to speak anything that would ruin Juve's reputation.

Mar 9, 2006
You've made a wrong conclusion - it's obvious that Conte was against Del Piero, he doesn't wanted him to be here, because whenever we had a problems on the field fans were screaming his name and wanted him to be on the field while Conte had other plans and it's hard to work in this circumstances, but there is no doubt that Agnelli acted very disrespectful with Del Piero, but he did the same to our other senators - Camoranesi, Trezeguet, they terminated both contracts on the last day of summer transfer window, it's pretty strange situation

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Juventino[RUS];4552550 said:
You've made a wrong conclusion - it's obvious that Conte was against Del Piero, he doesn't wanted him to be here, because whenever we had a problems on the field fans were screaming his name and wanted him to be on the field while Conte had other plans and it's hard to work in this circumstances, but there is no doubt that Agnelli acted very disrespectful with Del Piero, but he did the same to our other senators - Camoranesi, Trezeguet, they terminated both contracts on the last day of summer transfer window, it's pretty strange situation
Very possible I don't disagree with you, but my point is that the final say was Agnelli's and he optioned to disrespect him and there's no wonder why Ale hasn't attented the Scudetti celebrations in the past couple of years when he was actually in Turin.

If there wasn't anything personal IMO Agnelli would have rejected Conte's request (If Conte didn't want him in the squad) and there was nothing Conte could do about it because he wasn't going to leave after just 1 season at Juve.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He knew there wouldn't be Del Piero replacement but still preferred to take him off for reasons only him and Del Piero know but then again Del Piero is too class and stairs above Agnelli to speak anything that would ruin Juve's reputation.
I'll never change your mind habibi. :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4552550 said:
These guys realized it was their time and decided to leave quietly, without any controversy and I respect them for that. Trez was in Turin few months ago and the club organized him a special reception. DP could have the same if he were to accept realities.

What I don't understand is why would some wish for Alex to had stayed and became 5th striker for us. Our legend and protagonist, but obviously years had caught up with him, therefore being a starter in a team that aspires for biggest titles was out of the question. It is better to leave as a winner than to get few minutes every now and then, like Bendtner or Anelka, and I don't think that he would particularly like that scenario. He's a champion and as such needs to play week in week out, but this level of football was too demanding for him. It's time some of you deal with it as this thread deserves more, instead of being constant source of bitterness.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
The tensions from the media and fans for not playing DP would have ruined our season too. Pirlo in his book wrote how hard it was for DP not to play, so imagine how it would have been if he were playing even less, that wouldn't do anything good for the harmony of the squad.

Letting DP go was the best thing for both parties.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The tensions from the media and fans for not playing DP would have ruined our season too. Pirlo in his book wrote how hard it was for DP not to play, so imagine how it would have been if he were playing even less, that wouldn't do anything good for the harmony of the squad.

Letting DP go was the best thing for both parties.
Forcing*.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Though i hate it that he got replaced by mediocre strikers and so on... his time with us was over... I remember him as the best striker i have ever seen play in my life.. that last season you could say he wasn't that good anymore.. he dropped on the floor a shitload of times because he was outrun by every player.. A beautifull goodbye with a goal against Atalanta and a scudetto... what a way to say goodbye...

Also... his 2 years at sydney did him very good... him and his family.. let's just hope that he'll be on the bench next to nedved in a couple of years (or maybe next year..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 66)