Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (151 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
:agree:

It was at the end of a week in which he scored 3 great FK. It started with one against Roma from 30 meters away (he celebrated it by standing on a commercial banner), then the one at the Bernabeu and finally this insane goal vs. Chievo on his birthday. Amazing days.
I remember this like today. And indeed, what a celebration vs Roma when he scored, like a king standing on that banner. :smile:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Browsing "enemy's" forum and I found this.

cavanis finishing was best in his 1st season with napoli. I remember ibrahimovic tried to copy really badly that strike cavani did vs cesena in the top right corner ala del piero
Grande Alex.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague since he left, I guess it's sometimes easier to forget then be reminded that it has ended.

But I'm having a sentimental day today, almost cried watching one of @dann10's youtube videos. Amazing work mate, Thank you

Aug 17, 2007
Del Piero to decide his future after Christmas
The 38-years-old Italian legend is back in Italy for a training camp with Sydney FC

1500 Fans attended the first training of Alessandro Del Piero and Sydney FC on Sunday in Jesolo, Venice, where the team will stay for almost three weeks.

"I'm very pleased and I want to thank the fans for the welcome they gave us- said Del Piero- my 19 years with Juventus can't be forgotten and the bond between me and the club will always stay strong".

Pinturicchio keeps following his former club and he doesn't worry regard of the two defeats the Bianconeri suffered in the friendly tournament in USA. "Juve are always favorites- stressed Ale- and there's a well oiled machine that didn't changed much from last season. The results in the U.S aren't something to worry about. Rival for the Scudetto? Milan. Inter, Napoli and Roma have changed a lot and it's hard to predict how it's going to affect them. I also like Fiorentina".

And what about the future of the legend, that will celebrate his 39th birthday in 3 months? "I still have the same hunger- he promised-after Christmas I'll see if my body and my head still support me and decide over my future. But now I'm all focused in the friendly against Padova in three days".

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague since he left, I guess it's sometimes easier to forget then be reminded that it has ended.

But I'm having a sentimental day today, almost cried watching one of @dann10's youtube videos. Amazing work mate, Thank you
Awesome man, this is why I make the vids. Love seeing these reactions. I'm happy you liked it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Cannavaro posted this pic on his official Instagram, writing in the description something about him and Del Piero (in the middle) and the army. Anybody know more about it?

$Screen shot 2013-08-05 at 1.38.36 AM.jpg

Nedved03

Love juve because of sega
Nov 27, 2011
Awesome man, this is why I make the vids. Love seeing these reactions. I'm happy you liked it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Cannavaro posted this pic on his official Instagram, writing in the description something about him and Del Piero (in the middle) and the army. Anybody know more about it?

$Screen shot 2013-08-05 at 1.38.36 AM.jpg
Maybe at that time there's a conscription?

"Do many players actually do their military service, in countries that have conscription, of course?" wonders Alex Kakafikas.

While the lack of conscription in Britain these days has saved the likes of Craig Bellamy and Joey Barton from some timely national service, many of the biggest names on the continent haven't been as lucky.

Take those in Serie A, for instance, as our intrepid correspondent James Richardson kindly explains. "Italian stars of a suitable age were indeed part of the 'leva', or conscription," says James. "I myself recall visiting the special Napoli barracks set up to house them and other athletes, and meeting Fabio Galante, Alex Del Piero, Fabio Cannavaro and Marco Delvecchio. I say 'house' but they actually spent comparatively little time there, club commitments calling them away for the majority of the week.

"As I understand it, conscription has now been phased out in Italy, but back in those days the Italian army even had its own football team, who never really won anything - in keeping with local military traditions, one might say. They did stop short of changing sides at half-time, mind."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/jul/27/theknowledge.panathinaikos

Aug 17, 2007
SKY Italia will broadcast Sydney-Padova. 10K tickets already sold.

EDIT:

5000 POST.

Io di te non mi stanco, sono sempre al tuo fianco, sei la cosa piu bella che c'e.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, Master of Class gave signatures for fans for 1 hour yesterday. He said many of them did a long ride just for him and he wants to give back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)