Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (225 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
A couple of tricks and flicks and nothing useful at all from him tonight. When he had a chance to do something good (usually on the break) he was way too slow and easily stopped. Pirlo is our only technical player who does useful things right now. Mirko against Siena and tonight and Del Piero tonight were more or less useless.
At least some here are watching Juve, not only dropping jaws when DP touches the ball.

You know how people always complain about players without end product? Well that's Del Piero today, pretty to watch but no end product.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
A couple of tricks and flicks and nothing useful at all from him tonight. When he had a chance to do something good (usually on the break) he was way too slow and easily stopped. Pirlo is our only technical player who does useful things right now. Mirko against Siena and tonight and Del Piero tonight were more or less useless.
Slow at times indeed but you really don't need Del Piero sprinting on the field if he has the right players around him. Players like him and Zidane for instance didn't need to sprint to perform well. Del Piero would do really good in every game if he has the right players around him because he looks hungry and eager to do well. Other players can do the running, him and Pirlo can do the trick or two.

Last night he was surrounded by two new players that haven't featured till last night (Padoin, Caceres), Boriello was his partner upfront, Esti was super selfish. Things didn't help him.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Good game by Ale. I loved the fact that he tracked the ball and fought to get it back quite a few times despite his age. Could have contributed more if Esti was a slightly better player.

Aug 17, 2007
:confused:

I expected & hoped for a lot more personally. Games like last night won't make Conte change his mind. Sad as it is.
You're right, cause the match vs. Roma changed his mind.

Ale played well last night. He looked hungry, fast and fresh (in the 1st half) and did some nice things...his usual spins, touches, he also fought hard for the ball. Just like Rab said, he needs better players around him to do better than that. He mostly had Borriello :)sergio:) and Esti :)sergio:) last night, and it didn't help. Every time he lost Silva or Mexes someone came from behind to stop him, that's not easy. And of course, he doesn't play at all, you can't ask him for more. Give him more mintues and he'll be a beast.

Btw, it's mid-February, it's about time you'll understand that no matter how he'll play in the Coppa, he won't play in the league. Sad, but true.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:confused:

I expected & hoped for a lot more personally. Games like last night won't make Conte change his mind. Sad as it is.
If the Roma game can't make Conte change his mind about sending Ale in when the game is locked against a side like Siena, nothing will ;)

I'm happy about his performance. He knows he doesn't play to prove anyone wrong, he knows there is no way for him to be even considered the first sub in Serie A games so I see him enjoying his last games with this shirt just as I'm enjoying watching my favorite player's final games. It's great that we managed to make it this far in the Coppa :smile:

Aug 17, 2007
Fuck it, just noticed that we'll have to wait till March 21st for the 2nd leg of the Coppa semis. :sergio:

You think there's any chance Conte will field vs. Parma (Wendesday) the same formation he planned to field a week ago? I don't wanna wait for a month and a half till I'll watch Ale again

Aug 17, 2007
If the Roma game can't make Conte change his mind about sending Ale in when the game is locked against a side like Siena, nothing will ;)

I'm happy about his performance. He knows he doesn't play to prove anyone wrong, he knows there is no way for him to be even considered the first sub in Serie A games so I see him enjoying his last games with this shirt just as I'm enjoying watching my favorite player's final games. It's great that we managed to make it this far in the Coppa :smile:
Did you just changed your avatar from Ale...to Ronaldo? :shocked:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Btw, it's mid-February, it's about time you'll understand that no matter how he'll play in the Coppa, he won't play in the league. Sad, but true.
But I get that he won't start (m)any games in the league. And rightfully so.

Still, I'd like to think that there will be games where he can play a useful part. The Siena one last weekend being a prime example, like everyone said.

But here are the facts: in 553 minutes (give or take) he has managed 1 assist & 1 goal. Those numbers just aren't satisfactory. So Conte preferring to try something "new" (either Borriello or the post injury Quag) before going back to Ale, kinda makes sense when you think about it.
I guess it's up to Ale to make Conte change his mind. And sadly, I don't think games like last night will help his case.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Simon, I know :p

But I get that he won't start (m)any games in the league. And rightfully so.

Still, I'd like to think that there will be games where he can play a useful part. The Siena one last weekend being a prime example, like everyone said.

But here are the facts: in 553 minutes (give or take) he has managed 1 assist & 1 goal. Those numbers just aren't satisfactory. So Conte preferring to try something "new" (either Borriello or the post injury Quag) before going back to Ale, kinda makes sense when you think about it.
I guess it's up to Ale to make Conte change his mind. And sadly, I don't think games like last night will help his case.
It's not up to him imo, he did everything right against Roma and he was still benched in the game after.

I love you and all but lol at those stats, considering them we need to kick Vucinic' ass as soon as possible. Not to mention that Vucinic gets to play with the first starting 11 while Ale has mostly played in our B team. Alex can surely make a difference if coming as a sub when the defenders' legs are tired. Lacking a few moments of brilliance by an individual has already cost us a few very important points. Vucinic tries hard, but he dearly fails most of the time.

I don't buy this crap about it being up to himself to get a spot in the team, neither do I care about it to be honest. Lets just enjoy the finale.

As for last night, he was one of our better players. Except for Giac, I can't think of anyone else in our attack who had a better game than he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 221)