Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (122 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2003
hmmm somebody has to do something. i want to see him playing in juve next season. i usually get what i want. if conte is a wise manager he should know that players like del piero are like a diamond and im sure conte is a wise manager so he should tell the faggots at the board that they should extend his contract.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
hmmm somebody has to do something. i want to see him playing in juve next season. i usually get what i want. if conte is a wise manager he should know that players like del piero are like a diamond and im sure conte is a wise manager so he should tell the faggots at the board that they should extend his contract.
:agree: I would kill to see him rape everyone in the CL next season especially Barca and his #1 bitch Real Madrid.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't know what else to say about this man that hasn't already been said. He is the personification of class and someone who represents all that is beautiful about football.

I'd love to see those flogs Messi and Ronaldo score goals and play games like this when they're 37.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't know what else to say about this man that hasn't already been said. He is the personification of class and someone who represents all that is beautiful about football.

I'd love to see those flogs Messi and Ronaldo score goals and play games like this when they're 37.
I can see Messi having a bigger belly than my father at 37.

Nedved03

Love juve because of sega
Nov 27, 2011
From crushing Real Madrid to curling past Germany in the World Cup semis - the Top 10 goals 'alla Del Piero'
After the 37-year-old's wondergoal versus Roma, Goal.com presents 10 trademark top corner curlers by the Golden Boy during his legendary career

SPECIAL
By Carlo Garganese | Deputy Editor

It had been a long time coming, but the wait was more than worth it as Alessandro Del Piero finally broke his duck for the 2011-12 season with a stunning goal – his first at the new Juventus Stadium – as the Bianconeri progressed to the Coppa Italia semi-finals by thrashing Roma 3-0 last night.

Del Piero's strike on the half-hour mark – which sandwiched Emanuele Giaccherini's opener and Simon Kjaer's last minute own goal – was the type of strike we have seen from The Golden Boy so many times in his career. Cutting in from the left, just outside the area, he whipped the ball into the goalkeeper's top left-hand corner.

'Gol alla Del Piero' it has become known in Italy, a special footballing term just like the 'Cruyff turn' or the 'Panenka penalty'.

So in tribute to another moment of magic from the Italian legend, here are 10 of the greatest goals 'alla Del Piero'.

10) JUVENTUS v Roma - 2012

Juventus' unbeaten start to the 2011-12 season continued with a comfortable 3-0 win over Luis Enrique's Roma in the Coppa Italia quarter finals. Already 1-0 ahead, goalkeeper Marco Storari’s no-nonsense punt found Marco Borriello, who held off Simon Kjaer’s challenge and headed down to Del Piero. The veteran strode forward and attempted to prod the ball to his strike partner only for it to come straight back to him off Rodrigo Taddei. But he made no mistake second time around, curling a sublime shot across Maarten Stekelenburg and into the net via the crossbar to double his side’s advantage.

9) JUVENTUS v Sturm Graz - 2010

Not the most high-profile of games, but still one to remember thanks to a moment of brilliance from Del Piero. Leading 2-1 from the first leg of this Europa League playoff tie, The Golden Boy killed off Sturm Graz's hopes of a comeback with the only goal in Turin. Del Piero controlled Felipe Melo's raking pass on the left before working his way just inside the area with two faints before smashing the ball into the far top corner of the net.

8) JUVENTUS v Rangers - 1995

The only free kick on this list, but it is included because it is reminiscent of a 'Gol alla Del Piero'. Poor Rangers had eight goals put past them by Juventus during their two Champions League Group C clashes in 1995-96, and this was the pick of the bunch during a 4-1 Italian triumph at the Stadio Delle Alpi. Del Piero added to goals from Fabrizio Ravanelli (2) and current Juve boss Antonio Conte by firing home an unstoppable free kick into the top corner from an improbable angle way out on the left.

7) JUVENTUS v Steaua Bucharest - 1995

Just two weeks earlier in the Champions League, Del Piero had scored an even better type of goal against Borussia Dortmund but this one against the Romanian champions was pretty special too. Having broken the deadlock in this 1995-96 Group C tie five minutes earlier through Angelo Di Livio, Del Piero doubled Juve's lead just six minutes before half time. The 20-year-old stopped a 50-yard Ciro Ferrara pass dead before bamboozling his marker and curling the ball into his top right hand corner, despite a touch from the goalkeeper. Fabrizio Ravanelli later added a third in a 3-0 win.

6) JUVENTUS v Artmedia Petrzalka - 2008

Juventus' returned to the Champions League after Calciopoli in style by pummelling the Bratislava outfit 4-0 in this third qualifying round first leg in Turin. Mauro Camoranesi, Giorgio Chiellini and Nicola Legrottaglie all scored, but Del Piero's goal was undoubtedly the pick of the bunch. The No.10 played a one-two with David Trezeguet before unleashing a first-time missile from almost 30 yards that rocketed into the goalkeeper's top left-hand corner.

5) Germany v ITALY - 2006

For all his success at club level, Del Piero had to wait a long time before he conquered the international stage. At the age of 31, Alex had endured a somewhat frustrating World Cup experience in Germany when he was summoned from the bench for the second half of semi final extra time against the hosts. Del Piero provided an extra spark for the Azzurri as they scored two dramatic goals in the 119th and 120th minute to break German hearts in Dortmund. Del Piero’s corner eventually ended with Fabio Grosso whipping home before the ex-Padova star killed off Die Mannschaft with a trademark, curling effort of his own. In a lightning counter-attack, he latched onto Alberto Gilardino's reverse pass and left Jens Lehmann with no chance. The Azzurri went on to win the cup.

4) JUVENTUS v Verona - 1996

One of Juventus' most famous comebacks during Marcello Lippi's first spell in charge of the Old Lady. Trailing 2-0 to a Pippo Maniero double, Sergio Porrini halved the deficit on the stroke of half time before a Del Piero penalty on 64 minutes levelled matters. The stage was set for Pinturicchio to complete the turnaround and he duly delivered 18 minutes from time. Taking up possession in his favourite position, Del Piero dummied past two opponents before curling into the opposite top corner from outside the box. This win ensured Juve opened a five-point lead at the top two weeks before Christmas, and they never looked back.

3) Lazio v JUVENTUS - 1994

An all-time Serie A classic in Rome, as the two title challengers shared seven goals in a gripping encounter. Del Piero's double ultimately proved the difference as the Bianconeri won 4-3, and his second strike will live long in the memory. Having only turned 20 a month before, Alex twice beat Paolo Negro – the second time after the forward's lightning-quick feet enabled him to cut in between two opponents – before finishing clinically from an acute angle past a helpless Luca Marchegiani. This victory provided Juventus the belief they needed to lift their first Scudetto in nine years the following May, ahead of second placed Lazio.

2) JUVENTUS v Real Madrid - 2008

Juventus were struggling badly at the start of the 2008-09 season and coach Claudio Ranieri seemed on the brink of the sack until two magical Del Piero performances home and away against Real Madrid in the Champions League group stages saved him. At home, Juventus won 2-1, with Alex crashing home a Gol 'alla Del Piero' from 30 yards after just five minutes. He would go on to earn a standing ovation at the Santiago Bernabeu after an even more memorable display in the return tie.

1) Borussia Dortmund v JUVENTUS - 1995

Del Piero's first ever Champions League goal, and also his greatest ever. With the scores in this 1995-96 opening Group C game level at 1-1, the forward picked up a pass from Paulo Sousa way out on the left. After cutting in past former team-mate Jurgen Kohler, he fainted and paused before unleashing a curling, dipping effort into the top corner that left Stefan Klos in the Dortmund goal with no chance. Juve would go on to win the Champions League that season, Del Piero contributing six goals.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/01/25/2865075/from-crushing-real-madrid-to-curling-past-germany-in-the

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
From crushing Real Madrid to curling past Germany in the World Cup semis - the Top 10 goals 'alla Del Piero'
After the 37-year-old's wondergoal versus Roma, Goal.com presents 10 trademark top corner curlers by the Golden Boy during his legendary career

SPECIAL
By Carlo Garganese | Deputy Editor

4) JUVENTUS v Verona - 1996

One of Juventus' most famous comebacks during Marcello Lippi's first spell in charge of the Old Lady. Trailing 2-0 to a Pippo Maniero double, Sergio Porrini halved the deficit on the stroke of half time before a Del Piero penalty on 64 minutes levelled matters. The stage was set for Pinturicchio to complete the turnaround and he duly delivered 18 minutes from time. Taking up possession in his favourite position, Del Piero dummied past two opponents before curling into the opposite top corner from outside the box. This win ensured Juve opened a five-point lead at the top two weeks before Christmas, and they never looked back.
I still remember that game very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)