Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (106 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Damn...i wanted him to play CL with us next year :sad: With the minimal salary he is on i don't see why it should have been a problem to keep him another year.

Fucking management...unable to get rid of garbage like 4 mil amauri and IAQ and they want ale to retire.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What's up everyone acting like Andrea has been at the helm of the club since 50years and that he's allowed to do anything he wants without criticizing him? I know Del Piero for 16-17years and we know Andrea for what? 1year?

All of a sudden Andrea has become their idol.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Del Piero in Old Lady swansong: Agnelli

(AFP) – 29 minutes ago

ROME — Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero is playing his final season with the famous Old Lady of Turin, club president Andrea Agnelli revealed Tuesday.

Del Piero, who will turn 37 next month, has been at Juve since 1993 and holds records both for club appearances and goals.

"The only thing linking the various homes of Juve is our captain and he, Alessandro Del Piero, wanted to stay another year for what will be his last year in black and white," Agnelli told the club's shareholders at the AGM, referring to Juve's previous homes at the Stadio delle Alpi and the Stadio Olimpico.

Del Piero played in both those stadiums and stayed on an extra year so he could also grace the new Juventus Stadium, the first privately owned ground in Italy, where the club moved this season.

"It is only right to pay tribute and thank our captain," added Agnelli.

"In the presence of (former preseident Giampiero) Boniperti, with whom he (Del Piero) signed his first (Juve) contract, while his last he signed with me.

"It's the recognition due to a great man and a great captain.

"It was Del Piero who said this would be his last contract with Juve."

Del Piero moved to Juve as a skinny teenager following a couple of years at Padova.

He went on to win the Champions League with the club in 1996 as well as five league titles.

He was also a World Cup winner with Italy in 2006 and played in the final of the 2000 European Championships, where his team were beaten by France.

He has played 677 matches for Juve, scoring 284 goals while he has 91 caps for Italy, having found the net 27 times.

Copyright © 2011 AFP. All rights reserved.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That's your oppinion. I would rather hear this now than when the season is over. What if Alex gave Agnelli permission to say it? In a marketing perspective, this can only benefit the club in this season.
Alex gave Agnelli the permission to announce it? :lol2: He's so afraid to announce it himself isn't he?

Are we in grade 3? This is funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)