Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (156 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not really, the ratings are credible and a good way to compare the performances if the number of games each player has playd are close to each other. The way you read those stats is also important. In Statistics, outliers must be excluded if you want to derive a sound interpretation. Amauri is an outlier [:D] considering the number of games he has played.
True, if you exclude the factor bias, preference and emotions.
Ratings of this season done by me and by you will almost surely be different, even if we're talking about ratings of Fiorentina players, not Juve players. Gazzetta in particular is regularly kind to serie A legends, especially if they're Italian.

Those particular ratings Pitbull was talking about were imo giving a wrong picture. Comparing Amauri's with Iaquinta's ratings (the ones who played less) shows that Amauri has been better than Iaquinta, which is not even worth discussing. Del Piero vs Quag is also wrong, imo. Even if Quag didn't have better or worse performances than Del Piero (which he didn't, I think), then only the number of goals they scored or assisted (7 vs 3) should have been enough for Quag to have better ratings.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
True, if you exclude the factor bias, preference and emotions.
Ratings of this season done by me and by you will almost surely be different, even if we're talking about ratings of Fiorentina players, not Juve players. Gazzetta in particular is regularly kind to serie A legends, especially if they're Italian.

Those particular ratings Pitbull was talking about were imo giving a wrong picture. Comparing Amauri's with Iaquinta's ratings (the ones who played less) shows that Amauri has been better than Iaquinta, which is not even worth discussing. Del Piero vs Quag is also wrong, imo. Even if Quag didn't have better or worse performances than Del Piero (which he didn't, I think), then only the number of goals they scored or assisted (7 vs 3) should have been enough for Quag to have better ratings.
I didn't say it was a guaranteed way to know who has been the better player so far (ratings are very close to each other and that alone means that the difference is not big), still, if you exclude Amauri who has played very little in this season, you'd have a fairly credible source to know how the players have performed overall.

The bias is accusing Gazzetta of being biased towards Italian legends ;)

Aug 17, 2007
Fine 1st half, really bad 2nd half, but fuck it, can't blame him...I'm happy he didn't finish his career on that pitch. This is not football. Too bad he didn't score that header, but again, the important thing is that he's Ok. Can't blame players that play on such pitch...not even Amauri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)