Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (65 Viewers)

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
best players in the world? i dont think he ever was. hes never been accredited for it anyway. the kid does a few tricks when hes younger and the media hail him as a future saviour for italy. 10 years on and it seems we r still waiting for that potential to be fullfilled... "the real dp will be back" etc etc. face it guys. hes no better than every other average joe that has put on the juve and italy shirt. but thats nothing to be ashamed of. Hes a pro footballer... we all dream of this. i just get really confused when fans go overboard and overrate him. but ofcourse, thats adidas fault. he has won scudettos blah blah, but so has pesotto, birindelli, conte, tacchinardi and many more... but i dont hear anyone hail their names! but they are just as worthy.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
best players in the world? i dont think he ever was. hes never been accredited for it anyway. the kid does a few tricks when hes younger and the media hail him as a future saviour for italy. 10 years on and it seems we r still waiting for that potential to be fullfilled... "the real dp will be back" etc etc. face it guys. hes no better than every other average joe that has put on the juve and italy shirt. but thats nothing to be ashamed of. Hes a pro footballer... we all dream of this. i just get really confused when fans go overboard and overrate him. but ofcourse, thats adidas fault. he has won scudettos blah blah, but so has pesotto, birindelli, conte, tacchinardi and many more... but i dont hear anyone hail their names! but they are just as worthy.

Works as a signature of a illiberal Roma @sshole supporter.... very well said..

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

dont give me that crap. we all know what DP was and you cant deny that. as for italy you only talk about performances after 98. and we also all know what DP is now and also what he isnt

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

No offence but i don't believe you, i never saw Andy celebrating when Alex scores i never saw him with a smile atleast while talking about Dp, he always tries to find little thing to bash the captain, it's obvious you know:)..

If alex would score 8goals per 1 match, still he would pick up on him trying to convince the others that dp's goals weren't that nice or it was just by luck !!!
Here we go again with you. It might be better for you to stop making assumptions, simply because every time you do it you're completely wrong. Of course you have never seen me celebrate when Alex scores; this board is not webcam capable..

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
Milan. not Roma.

++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
dont give me that crap. we all know what DP was and you cant deny that. as for italy you only talk about performances after 98. and we also all know what DP is now and also what he isnt
yes, i know what he was. He was a player of promise for the future. He was tipped to be the next great. Just because a player has or had potential, doesnt make him great. he needs to prove himself during a career. Consistency is a major factor. Im not bad mouthing the man, im just calling him an average italian player.

In australia weve always had great coverage of the Italian league, and iv been watching it for the past 11 years. I know in some of your countrys the coverage isnt as great, so u just go on what the newspapers say and how they are on Championship manager or Fifa. BUT We cant go our whole lives with reading the match headlines and match reports in newspapers, and playing video games. Players have to prove it IN REAL LIFE. end of story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)