Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (154 Viewers)

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Del Piero knows himself. When he should retire and when not. If he sees himself as part of this Juve next season then I doubt Agnelli including Beppe Marotta not giving him a green light for his contract extension.

Agnelli's family love and respect Del Piero more than anyone. They see him as one of them and I doubt they'll go against his wish.
It is better for Alex to retire at the end of the season,i don't want Agnelli to do the same Berlescuni did with Maldini,kept on extending his contract every year till he eventually retired at a state when he is completely useless,Del Piero should hang his boots while he's still performing well,so his end would be respectful.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
It is better for Alex to retire at the end of the season,i don't want Agnelli to do the same Berlescuni did with Maldini,kept on extending his contract every year till he eventually retired at a state when he is completely useless,Del Piero should hang his boots while he's still performing well,so his end would be respectful.
I disagree with your statement. Maldini's end was respectful. His only problem is that he played for Milan. There is nothing wrong with a player to continue his passion of football even if not contributing a 90 min game. If matters gets to it and del piero is used as a sub (like Giggs for an example) then so be it. But we are talking about a player who is being used in the starting 11. Juventus would be in complete insanity not to renew his contract.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
I disagree with your statement. Maldini's end was respectful. His only problem is that he played for Milan. There is nothing wrong with a player to continue his passion of football even if not contributing a 90 min game. If matters gets to it and del piero is used as a sub (like Giggs for an example) then so be it. But we are talking about a player who is being used in the starting 11. Juventus would be in complete insanity not to renew his contract.
Dear,in Maldini's final match in San Siro against Roma,fans was chanting against him,go n ask any milanese if they wanted Maldini to retire since 2006 or not?

It doesn't mean that Alex is a starter so he is the same Alex as before,we all now that Alex is starting cos he is better than all the others in the attack despite he is 36,and if Juve had a WC SS then Alex would have become like Giggs as u mentioned,only used as sub.De Ceglie and Grygera are also starting,does it mean they are good?

We all enjoy to see Alex playing,but he should choose the perfect time.Remember Platini,he retired at the age of just 32,he could continue for sure,but he had choosen to end his career when he was still shining.

Mar 30, 2006
I agree renew his contract .. he can still start matches on occassion when needed but for the most part he can some on as a super sub and control the tempo of our attack in the last 20 min. He still has alot of quality and he keeps himself in excellent condition. He realizes he wont be a starter all the time but if he wants to keep playing it is a bonus for us. Who would u rather come off the bench Del Piero or Lanzafame (no disrespect to him).

We do still need a player who can be a starting striker and give us alot of quality upfront which we lack without DP.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm starting to wonder, VicCB most probably posts no where other than this thread right? Well not all but like 80 or 90 % to say the least. I haven't seen his posts elsewhere. And to think of what he contributes to this thread other than some personal Ale insults and bashing him (not like I'm against the bashing because he doesn't even know how to bash but I do mind the insults) I'm starting to think of a very good solution. A solution that wont make me read his useless posts over here.

Now some will surely take this as if I'm abusing my Mod powers. Am I abusing my Mod powers? Not really. Do I care if you think I'm abusing my mod powers? Not at all. So, VicCB, keep contributing to this thread but most importantly pick your words carefully, I've already warned you before as-well as by some other Mods.

Don't push it.

Aug 17, 2007
I'm starting to wonder, VicCB most probably posts no where other than this thread right? Well not all but like 80 or 90 % to say the least. I haven't seen his posts elsewhere. And to think of what he contributes to this thread other than some personal Ale insults and bashing him (not like I'm against the bashing because he doesn't even know how to bash but I do mind the insults) I'm starting to think of a very good solution. A solution that wont make me read his useless posts over here.

Now some will surely take this as if I'm abusing my Mod powers. Am I abusing my Mod powers? Not really. Do I care if you think I'm abusing my mod powers? Not at all. So, VicCB, keep contributing to this thread but most importantly pick your words carefully, I've already warned you before as-well as by some other Mods.

Don't push it.
:tup:

Well said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 145)