Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (152 Viewers)

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Alessandro Del Piero is set to leave Juventus in the summer.

Juventus and club legend Alessandro Del Piero are walking on the path of division, and will head in separate ways in the summer, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The club will decide not to renew his contract once it expires at the end of the season, thus bringing an end to a 17-year stay in Turin for the legendary striker.

It is said that Del Piero could consider hanging up his boots, leading to speculation that he will take on a director's role at Vinovo.

Del Piero, though, is likely to remain focussed on league matters when service resumes against Lecce next weekend.

The Italian is looking to match Giampiero Boniperti's league goal haul of 178 strikes. Del Piero has netted 177 with Juve in the top flight.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...andro-del-piero-to-part-company-at-the-end-of

:shifty:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The usual BS thats comes every year anout DP. If DP doesn't get the chance to lead the team in the new stadium then that would be the biggest mistake in a long time.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
oh..inter's crap erasing paper..yeah i see :)... we're talking about grande ale, no way he will leave this club..especially because in this season he will be our most important striker and score the most goals..again :)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
actually i think this SHOULD be Del Piero's last season as a Juventus player,he is 36 now and although he is playing fairly well at the moment his lack of pace does slow the team down a little,but then i guess i am more worried that the amount of criticism levelled at him this year may make people forget just how much he has given the club over the years.
then it really falls down to whether Del Piero feels he has another year or two playing(even if it is in the USA) or whether he is ready to step up and become part of the clubs infrastructure,working with Nedved to help the club develop

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero knows himself. When he should retire and when not. If he sees himself as part of this Juve next season then I doubt Agnelli including Beppe Marotta not giving him a green light for his contract extension.

Agnelli's family love and respect Del Piero more than anyone. They see him as one of them and I doubt they'll go against his wish.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
with all due respect for il capitano another year at juve would be great, then he can think about hanging his boots. A good bye game against milan or inter on the new stadium in august 2012 and a curva/sector named after.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Del Piero knows himself. When he should retire and when not. If he sees himself as part of this Juve next season then I doubt Agnelli including Beppe Marotta not giving him a green light for his contract extension.

Agnelli's family love and respect Del Piero more than anyone. They see him as one of them and I doubt they'll go against his wish.
Most likely, yeah.

But article itself is utter rubbish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)