Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (69 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Dheeraj-come on man i know you are emotional but calm right down and do not forget everything this player has given us

yes he was pretty poor but it is up to the manager to substitute off players who are nt performing well

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Terrible first half, but slightly better in the 2nd one. Though I would have subs him for Iaquinta and let Krasic in. Unless Krasic requested this and was too tired to continue.

May 22, 2007
Off the pace. I thought it was pretty obvious when Krasić came bursting into the box and he just held onto the ball. I thought he chose the wrong pass a few times instead of trying something more direct.

The free kicks will always be deadly.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Off the pace. I thought it was pretty obvious when Krasić came bursting into the box and he just held onto the ball. I thought he chose the wrong pass a few times instead of trying something more direct.
He did open up space for Krasic several times though.

Sure Del Piero wasn't his Del Piero standard, but really people should focus more on the three conceded goals rather than focusing on Del Piero.

We scored three goals today (even if Ale didn't score) but conceding three times should be our big concern.

Had we won the game even if Ale didn't score and without conceding people would be praising him because he set up the 1st goal.

That's not the right mentality.

Aug 17, 2007
Lost some balls and sometimes slowed the attack, but had some nice dribblings, some nice passes..got himself 2 FK, and almost found the net. Average performance i would say.He was better in the second half than in the first. Blame the defence for this draw, we much win a match when we lead twice and score three goals.

I'm happy with the way we looked today on the attacking side, it's really the defence that worries me.

Apr 15, 2006
Thanks for the infractions guys. I appreciate what he's done in the past. But what he does in the present will forever be important. If he cannot contribute enough to the game and brings down our play, then he deserves it. We all say how no player is bigger than the club. It's true for him too. If people like Motta, Melo, Quagi, Pepe or any others can be criticized, then why exempt him?

I still stand beside what I said. He's the cancer in Juventus right now. I don't care if he's the cause for Diego to go or not, but I can't stand that he's one of the players who affects our performance directly on the pitch.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Thanks for the infractions guys. I appreciate what he's done in the past. But what he does in the present will forever be important. If he cannot contribute enough to the game and brings down our play, then he deserves it. We all say how no player is bigger than the club. It's true for him too. If people like Motta, Melo, Quagi, Pepe or any others can be criticized, then why exempt him?

I still stand beside what I said. He's the cancer in Juventus right now. I don't care if he's the cause for Diego to go or not, but I can't stand that he's one of the players who affects our performance directly on the pitch.
Feel free to criticize him bro. No one is going to stop you. But no need to insult him. We're all part of the criticism today, I'm on your side of the criticism today. :smile:

I still think we should solve the defensive problems first before blaming Del Piero. Blaming individuals is easy, but our defensive line is our gap.

May 22, 2007
He did open up space for Krasic several times though.

Sure Del Piero wasn't his Del Piero standard, but really people should focus more on the three conceded goals rather than focusing on Del Piero.

We scored three goals today (even if Ale didn't score) but conceding three times should be our big concern.

Had we won the game even if Ale didn't score and without conceding people would be praising him because he set up the 1st goal.

That's not the right mentality.
I completely understand about defense, he's not to blame. I'm just a little concerned at the slowness of releasing the ball a few times.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
if he did perform so badly then why was he not subbed? i feel he was asked to sacrifice his play to creat space for others today,that said he still performed poorly,especially when he has set such high standards

but calling him a cancer and saying fuck him is disrespectful....i mean its not like he COST us goals today. Melo gave the ball away twice in the first half that almost cost goals and people were saying he was having a great game.....go figure that out

Apr 15, 2006
Feel free to criticize him bro. No one is going to stop you. But no need to insult him. We're all part of the criticism today, I'm on your side of the criticism today. :smile:

I still think we should solve the defensive problems first before blaming Del Piero. Blaming individuals is easy, but our defensive line is our gap.
No point in waiting to fix our defence before blaming the coach or anyone up front. Every player who stepped on the pitch and had enough time to contribute will and should be scrutinized equally.

Though, DP did well to get a shot on the goal early in the game. Plus, wasn't it his cross that Krasic headed down to assist Marchisio? If yes, then credit to him for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)