Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (65 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
12.09.2010 FIVE OF US

In these years we have changed, all to the better. We've made it thanks to Tobias and Dorotea. We have become real adults with them and soon we'll grow up even more. We are happy to announce that life is giving us another unforgettable emotion: Sonja is expecting a baby and soon there'll be five of us!
We are delighted to share these news with all those who are interested and care, it makes us really happy. We ask you to respect our decision to keep for ourselves this period of time and to respect the discretion that, as you well know, is typical for our family life, and we have no doubts that you understand and agree.

Happy and joyful
Sonia e Alessandro

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
if he did perform so badly then why was he not subbed? i feel he was asked to sacrifice his play to creat space for others today,that said he still performed poorly,especially when he has set such high standards

but calling him a cancer and saying fuck him is disrespectful....i mean its not like he COST us goals today. Melo gave the ball away twice in the first half that almost cost goals and people were saying he was having a great game.....go figure that out
He was not subbed due to a stupid coach, who decided to go for a 4-3-3 with Ale, Quag and IQ.

I agree, I was disrespectful. This is the reason why I never used to comment on plays as much before. I knew it would turn out like this.

Sorry.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks for the infractions guys. I appreciate what he's done in the past. But what he does in the present will forever be important. If he cannot contribute enough to the game and brings down our play, then he deserves it. We all say how no player is bigger than the club. It's true for him too. If people like Motta, Melo, Quagi, Pepe or any others can be criticized, then why exempt him?

I still stand beside what I said. He's the cancer in Juventus right now. I don't care if he's the cause for Diego to go or not, but I can't stand that he's one of the players who affects our performance directly on the pitch.
You can criticize him as much as you want but seriously mind your words Sheik.

Aug 1, 2003
Terrible game from Ale, he shouldn't start simply because he cannot keep up with the pace.

Due to my uncompromising bias there will never be a time where I will insult him during play like I would other players though :) somehow can't bring myself to do it

Apr 15, 2006
12.09.2010 FIVE OF US

In these years we have changed, all to the better. We've made it thanks to Tobias and Dorotea. We have become real adults with them and soon we'll grow up even more. We are happy to announce that life is giving us another unforgettable emotion: Sonja is expecting a baby and soon there'll be five of us!
We are delighted to share these news with all those who are interested and care, it makes us really happy. We ask you to respect our decision to keep for ourselves this period of time and to respect the discretion that, as you well know, is typical for our family life, and we have no doubts that you understand and agree.

Happy and joyful
Sonia e Alessandro
Well all the best for him and his kids.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Terrible first half, but slightly better in the 2nd one. Though I would have subs him for Iaquinta and let Krasic in. Unless Krasic requested this and was too tired to continue.
:agree:

He was better in the second half when the game was stretched and linked up better on our counter attacks.

Aug 1, 2003
why hate on the man sheik, del neri could've easily subbed ale out which he should have, or not even start him. I doubt Ale has that much power over a coach to demand a start. doesn't seem like that type too, if anything he would've fought back for a place. if anything del neri should've known better or not cowered under pressure, if there was any.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No point in waiting to fix our defence before blaming the coach or anyone up front. Every player who stepped on the pitch and had enough time to contribute will and should be scrutinized equally.
But we scored 3goals man, I mean what more can you ask upfront. Okay Del Piero didn't score, but still upfront we did well to score three goals. On the other side, we did concede 3goals which makes me think that defensively we are in a big trouble more than anyting else.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
His dribble before the deflected shot was nice.
Get off his back, he wasnt the worst out there.

He said after the match that he could play together with Cassano.

Aug 17, 2007
I think you're overreacting, average performance by him overall. Poor first half (only good things- the dribbling on the 9 minute and the fk) but decent second half. He had some nice dribbling, some nice passes (he almost set up a goal for Quag)...he wasn't that bad...really (but i totally agree he looked pretty awful in the first half)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
He was not subbed due to a stupid coach, who decided to go for a 4-3-3 with Ale, Quag and IQ.

I agree, I was disrespectful. This is the reason why I never used to comment on plays as much before. I knew it would turn out like this.

Sorry.
no worries man,it is not like you to be so emotional,which is why i only "yellowed" you

NO player is above criticism,i just don't like insults being thrown around

Apr 15, 2006
why hate on the man sheik, del neri could've easily subbed ale out which he should have, or not even start him. I doubt Ale has that much power over a coach to demand a start. doesn't seem like that type too, if anything he would've fought back for a place. if anything del neri should've known better or not cowered under pressure, if there was any.
The main reason for him to start is that Amauri is injured, and IQ was returning from injury. I didn't say anything about him in the last match because of this. I'm not angry with him about starting and playing the entire match. I'm angry with his poor contribution.
But we scored 3goals man, I mean what more can you ask upfront. Okay Del Piero didn't score, but still upfront we did well to score three goals. On the other side, we did concede 3goals which makes me think that defensively we are in a big trouble more than anyting else.
The only thing I ask for upfront is that DP doesn't start. All 3 of our forwards are fitter and faster than him, and over a course of 90 mins will do more than he does.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
if Del Neri decided to go with a 433 Pepe should of stayed on and not DP,

theres no point in letting DP play 90mins when its not one of his better games and we have a game on thursday and again he will have to play another 90mins

Aug 17, 2007

BTW, talking about his dribbling, i was pretty impressed with that today...he dribbled past 2-3 players for 3-4 times, i didn't see him doing that for a while...hope he'll continue with that

Apr 15, 2006

Oh no... oh please no.
no worries man,it is not like you to be so emotional,which is why i only "yellowed" you

NO player is above criticism,i just don't like insults being thrown around
I am pretty emotional. I just haven't shown it around here, especially the players and the match threads. And this time I let that emotion get the best of me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The only thing I ask for upfront is that DP doesn't start. All 3 of our forwards are fitter and faster than him, and over a course of 90 mins will do more than he does.
Iaquinta wasn't fit. Amauri is injured. And wasn't Quaggy playing for the NT? It only made sense to play Ale today.

You're being too harsh man.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I thought he was decent today (in comparison to his usual performance lately). Anyways anyone that is not a del piero fanatic or a biased would agree that del piero's great days are behind him.

Would be a great sub but no more than that, sorry Alex :beer:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I think you're overreacting, average performance by him overall. Poor first half (only good things- the dribbling on the 9 minute and the fk) but decent second half. He had some nice dribbling, some nice passes (he almost set up a goal for Quag)...he wasn't that bad...really (but i totally agree he looked pretty awful in the first half)
:sergio: you and some others are using such low standard to rate him nowdays, if he is considered a legend, then rate him by legend standard, for example, compare everytime he play with his own self in 97/98

so by his own standard, today he was BEYOND HORRIBLE.

wait, you ADP lover will say : he's 36 (isn't he? :lol:) now!

then hang up your boots, mr. del piero!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)