Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (18 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Wtf are you talking about? Our CL spot was on the line, and he's RESTING Del Piero or giving chances to other players! I can't believe the nonsense people post in this thread.
You are limited aren't you? I put lot of possibilities there to show you that a player can have 10's of reasons or coach can have several reasons not to play a player. And not playing a player means no casting time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't remember that clearly how he played in all of those games, I just have these stats in front of me http://www.myjuve.it/giocatori-juve...iero-partite-disputate-totale-33-Tot-105.aspx
Aha. Well, three of those 6 goals were much earlier, in March, while the goals against Genoa and Reggina in April were penalty kicks. I don't remember that Lazio match in the Coppa very well. If it's the match when Kolarov scored a goal, I think DP came in the second half and scored a very nice goal for 1:2.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
No Rab, that's a possibility I agree. But I never felt it on/off the pitch. Ale was always playing well when he was given the chance and even in his interviews, he didn't bash the coach publicly. I remember he was always giving false hopes [:p] that the team would try its best to make up for the bad results.

Maybe the players were against the coach and as much as the coach is bad, that's unprofessional if you don't acknowledge YOUR role in the team. If you play nonchalantly only because you don't care anymore, it's unprofessional.

However, it's very unfair to blame Ranieri's departure on Alex. We were really getting awful results. Trez, Buffon and Camo were big enough not to need Ale to tell them what to do or not and Alex was the last one among them who seemed against the coach on or off the pitch.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I remember that the forum, especially certain members, went nuts when Ranieri benched Del Piero, especially on the match against Milan (we still have the match threads here, btw. Interesting reading they are. One thread was even tittled "Milan-Del Piero-less Juve").
Now the same members will try to find logical reasons why was DP benched.

And Gustav is simply saying what he thinks was the reason DP was benched. He's not claiming anything, nor forcing his opinion on anyone.
I 100% agree with him.
If Del Piero went on a whole season without scoring a single goal and was Juve's worst player, most members here would still be pissed off at a manager benching Del Piero, so i wouldn't read too much into that.

Maybe Del Piero had a falling out with Ranieri, but lets not be revisionists here, almost everyone at the time thought Ranieri wasn't good enough for Juventus and most wanted him out, now after seeing how low Juve has sunk with other coaches, people are changing their minds about Ranieri and wishing he stayed and looking for other reasons(and other scapegoats) other than his ineptness. Which most probably was the reason Ranieri was sacked.

There was almost a consensus that Ranieri wasn't good enough for Juve at the time, in hindsight, maybe that wasn't true, but fact of the matter was, Ranieri was heavily criticized by fans at the time, and most wanted him out. Maybe the board had similar thoughts.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
If Del Piero went on a whole season without scoring a single goal and was Juve's worst player, most members here would still be pissed off at a manager benching Del Piero, so i wouldn't read too much into that.

Maybe Del Piero had a falling out with Ranieri, but lets not be revisionists here, almost everyone at the time thought Ranieri wasn't good enough for Juventus and most wanted him out, now after seeing how low Juve has sunk with other coaches, people are changing their minds about Ranieri and wishing he stayed and looking for other reasons(and other scapegoats) other than his ineptness. Which most probably was the reason Ranieri was sacked.

There was almost a consensus that Ranieri wasn't good enough for Juve at the time, in hindsight, maybe that wasn't true, but fact of the matter was, Ranieri was heavily criticized by fans at the time, and most wanted him out. Maybe the board had similar thoughts.
:agree:

It was Amaurisimo and Virtual vs the whole forum. No one wanted him here anymore. And I still believe we made the correct decision by firing him. The mistake was hiring an inexperienced coach to take over his place.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:agree:

It was Amaurisimo and Virtual vs the whole forum. No one wanted him here anymore. And I still believe we made the correct decision by firing him. The mistake was hiring an inexperienced coach to take over his place.
But hindsight is a great thing.

Now everyone and his mother thinks Ranieri should have stayed.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
its not hindsight, firing ranieri is only a good decision if replaced with a better option and that wasnt the case.
Now thats true. But thats not whats in question here, people are now saying that Ranieri did a good job, which maybe true, but it that is in hindsight, as very few people had the same opinion when Ranieri was at helm.

Back then when he was sacked, it was "because he was incompetent" or because he "did a bad job", now apparently there are other reasons.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Now thats true. But thats not whats in question here, people are now saying that Ranieri did a good job, which maybe true, but it that is in hindsight, as very few people had the same opinion when Ranieri was at helm.

Back then when he was sacked, it was "because he was incompetent" or because he "did a bad job", now apparently there are other reasons.
i can only speak for myself, and i did call out DP then and i did want ranieri out but obviously only for an improvement. I was from the get go against hiring ferrara.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I like it how they switched to "idiotic assumption that Del Piero has something to do with Ranieri's firing" after their laughs about another "idiotic assumption" hit them back in their faces with Diego's last statement :howler:

These laughs will get to them too sooner rather than later. I am sure about that. :agree:

But seriously, these people don't admit that Del Piero is losing hair. How can anyone expect them to admit that what Deneb says is a big possibility?

Aug 17, 2007
I hope he'll change back to white boots...it's just amazing how he looks much faster with those.

BTW, he missed PK in partitella today :sergio:

RETIRE YOU FAT EVIL "MUST START AND FUCK THE TEAM" TERRORIST BASTRD COACH FIRING CANCER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)