Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (90 Viewers)

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
ive never had a doubt about our beloved captain...he gonna take us on high level again. If juventus is the "Earth" so Del piero is the "SUN"..he will make us shine one more time!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
ive never had a doubt about our beloved captain...he gonna take us on high level again.
Don't bet on that.

If an inform Del Piero, playing next to inform Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Buffon and Nedved, couldn't take us back on top after serie B, then expecting this shadow of Del Piero to take THIS Juve back among the best in Europe is one big delusion.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Don't bet on that.

If an inform Del Piero, playing next to inform Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Buffon and Nedved, couldn't take us back on top after serie B, then expecting this shadow of Del Piero to take THIS Juve back among the best in Europe is one big delusion.
IIRC we were 3rd, then 2nd in our comeback seasons.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
IIRC we were 3rd, then 2nd in our comeback seasons.
If the poster above meant top 4 in serie A and CL participation when he said "high level" , then fine. Even this Del Piero is still the best of the bunch of attackers we have and can be the main factor or one of the main factors in making the top 4 finish.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
If the poster above meant top 4 in serie A and CL participation when he said "high level" , then fine. Even this Del Piero is still the best of the bunch of attackers we have and can be the main factor or one of the main factors in making the top 4 finish.
I think we were a lot better in Europe too than you give us credit for. 2 wins against RM and close elimination against a very good Chelsea team (that really should have won the CL that year after outplaying Barcelona in the semis but losing unluckily).

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
hi there, I've been lurking on this forum using a disabled username for quite some time now (before, that account had been inactive for 1 year and after I came back here I could no longer post)

so I'm creating a new one now.

I've only been watching this team since 97/98 season, but so I'm familiar with this man of legend to this day.

however I'm not the cultist type of a person, del piero may be have the status of a saint for some juventini but I don't support that, for me he is still and should be just another player that have great contribution for juve and not untouchable

and frankly I think he (should) already finished in capello era and juve SHOULD HAVE BEEN looking for another hero at that time

why?
1. well he never came back/became his old self
2. it is club/team that make a legend not vice versa

sadly the reality is opposite of it, while I agree that guys like miccoli, giovinco and other 'ADP heirs' may not destined to be like him, but I do not believe that these guys are worthy to simply be cast away for almost nothing and not given proper chance

the truth is, aside from 97/98 and 07/08 (amazing coincidence?), ADP contribution is not like what some juventini make it up, yes he provided many things for the team, but how can you say it cannot be produced by other guys? I'm sure guys like dennis bergkamp (IMO the closest type of a striker to ADP, in fact both created what I precieved as 2 most unique if not the most uncloneable -means not so easy to reproduce it- goals I've ever seen) able to do what ADP did and so is certain other types of players

and then we all know how bad ADP could be on numerous occassions in all these years

so, this fixation of ADP, I'm strongly against it, and guess what, I agree that in a way he has been sort of a cancer for this team for quite many times in all these years

and this juve? well this team has so many problems that it is now laughable for me than pathetic, but what concerns me the most is that we've been even unable to play proper football for quite some time now! on europe it even worse, it has been since capello that the team clearly looks outdated in the matter of playing style, and yet we're still using that approach, some even using history and tradition to justify that.

just for my 2 cents

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
hi there, I've been lurking on this forum using a disabled username for quite some time now (before, that account had been inactive for 1 year and after I came back here I could no longer post)

so I'm creating a new one now.

I've only been watching this team since 97/98 season, but so I'm familiar with this man of legend to this day.

however I'm not the cultist type of a person, del piero may be have the status of a saint for some juventini but I don't support that, for me he is still and should be just another player that have great contribution for juve and not untouchable

and frankly I think he (should) already finished in capello era and juve SHOULD HAVE BEEN looking for another hero at that time

why?
1. well he never came back/became his old self
2. it is club/team that make a legend not vice versa

sadly the reality is opposite of it, while I agree that guys like miccoli, giovinco and other 'ADP heirs' may not destined to be like him, but I do not believe that these guys are worthy to simply be cast away for almost nothing and not given proper chance

the truth is, aside from 97/98 and 07/08 (amazing coincidence?), ADP contribution is not like what some juventini make it up, yes he provided many things for the team, but how can you say it cannot be produced by other guys? I'm sure guys like dennis bergkamp (IMO the closest type of a striker to ADP, in fact both created what I precieved as 2 most unique if not the most uncloneable -means not so easy to reproduce it- goals I've ever seen) able to do what ADP did and so is certain other types of players

and then we all know how bad ADP could be on numerous occassions in all these years

so, this fixation of ADP, I'm strongly against it, and guess what, I agree that in a way he has been sort of a cancer for this team for quite many times in all these years

and this juve? well this team has so many problems that it is now laughable for me than pathetic, but what concerns me the most is that we've been even unable to play proper football for quite some time now! on europe it even worse, it has been since capello that the team clearly looks outdated in the matter of playing style, and yet we're still using that approach, some even using history and tradition to justify that.

just for my 2 cents

Welcome my friend..

Something happened in 2006, google calciopoli

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 78)