Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (150 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Its probably nothing, but Italians are very superstitious, and dp probably remembered how he had gotten seriously injured at the Fruili, and thats why he was rested for this one

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Its just a possibility which came to mind, but he has a knock to the knee, the pitches aren't in a very good state at the moment, hes been going through some very good form over the past years, and its a very similar situation as when he first got injured. But this is just my theory, since it was just said that Ranieri and DP have agreed to rest him.

But footballers are very superstitious, for example Sissoko always enters pitches with his left foot first, even for training.
Italians have a lot of superstitions as well, so everything added up together is what made me come to this conclusion

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
20 players called-up for Udinese match. Trezeguet is back, Del Piero e Zanetti rested
David Trezeguet is included in the list of players called-up for the away match against Udinese. This is very good and long-awaited news for Juventus supporters. Four months after the operation to both knees the Frenchman is once again available for Mr Ranieri.

Together with that of the striker is the return of Giorgio Chiellini (his first call-up of 2009) who recovered from a muscular problem, Cristian Molinaro and Momo Sissoko who were suspended for the last match.

Alessandro Del Piero and Cristiano Zanetti will not be going to Udine. In both cases the reason for the missed call-up is a rest as a precaution following the blows received to the right knee of the captain and the right ankle of the midfielder.

Manninger, Camoranesi and Tiago, as well as Salihamidzic, Zebina and Knezevic are still absent.

:(

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Once again ,our icon was the star again. He shined, by his absence...
Smth tells that his presence even on the bench, would motivate us.
Was he "rested" because of the incident??

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Btw, I really hope Lippi is going to call Ale for the Brazil match.

I don't think he's going to call Iaquinta for this one after being out with injuries.

I think he's going to pick: Gila, Toni, Del Piero, Di Natale (hope not)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)