Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (146 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I'm not so sure. Scirea is more unique to me. Also as players, Del Piero's talent is great, but no defender has ever matched Scirea's greatness.
Franco baresi imo matched it and surpassed it. As for the greater Juventus legend between the 2, its hard to say and unfortunately unfair to Ale cos he would have to die relatively young to totally surpass Scirea in terms of love.

Scirea is possibly with Boniperti the most respected Juventus player but i doubt seriously if anyone in Juve's history can be fiercely loved and have more loyal fans than Dp. Take for example in 2000/01 when Totti was clearly the far better player in terms of form but Dp was voted Italy's best player beating Totti when he got 55% to Totti's 45 to my total amazement.

I hear at stadiums the way Dp is protected and loved is sometimes frightening as well

He is what Maradona is to Argentina and Shearer to Newcastle fans almost blind and unconditional love.

I personally think he is the greatest player that Juventus has ever had but i did nto grow up with Scirea but I saw enough of him to know he was a fantastic defender and I did not see Boniperti at all.

Years to come everyone would always remember Dp for staying with us in serieB and top scoring as well.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
No contest la...
most popular-> Del Piero
most respected-> Del Piero
most loved-> Del Piero
most famous-> Del Piero
he's Juve's no.1 Icon for many many years to come..
but i respect the guy's affection towardsScirea..
everyone is entitled to hav a favourite player..

Jul 5, 2006

"10th February 2008, Udinese v Juventus 1-2

We won an important match against exellent Udinese team, that confirmed to continue to play well in the championship.

In the first time they managed to subdue us, taking the lead. In the second half due to our good reaction, we took the game into our own hands, taking care of every scoring opportunity.

The two goals, scored nicely, brought us another three points.

See you soon,

Alessandro"
..***..

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Alex: "We need to play as we did in the second half at Udine. We were much more determined and chased every ball which allowed us to take control of the game."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 141)