Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (147 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm not so sure. Scirea is more unique to me. Also as players, Del Piero's talent is great, but no defender has ever matched Scirea's greatness.
I don't really know what to say on this.
Scirea's death made a bigger legend out of him than he would have been if he was still alive.
I went stricktly with the numbers when i said Del Piero is Juve's greatest legend because that's the only way i can compare a player i've seen with a player i've never seen.

I know how Juventini feel about Del Piero, i see fans reactions when he'll touch the ball and i don't think Scirea was more popular. Maybe at the same level but i doubt he was more popular.

Since no-one was more popular with the Juventini than Alex, since no-one scored more goals, won more trophies and was capped more than Ale (after 10 matches) i'd give him #1.
And then there is serie B. I know that Scirea is kinda handicaped here because he wasn't given a chance to show his loyality by staying with the team in serie B (thanks God for that though) but being the first one who accepted serie B adds a lot of weight when chosing Juve's greatest legend.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Calm down guys. It's ridiculous when you notice that the whole thing has started almost by nothing. Ale had a decent performance today. He was more than OK in the second half. The whole team sucked today (except for Buffon) especially in the first half. I noticed that Rab has given a 6 to Ale which is a fair rating in my opinion. And as far as I know, 6 is average-good rating which completely describes Ale's today performance.

As for the Del Piero - Scirea thing, none of us have watched enough of Scirea but we all know he's a legend. I don't see myself capable of comparing these two cos I haven't seen a single match of Scirea. I can't compare them statistically either, though Ale holds the records in many cases. There's only one thing that I'm sure about: I like Del Piero more than Scirea and it's due to a clear reason; I started loving Juve cos of Ale, I've followed him for more than 10 years. I've been his fan throughout his ups and downs. These are simply what I haven't had with Scirea. I just like Scirea as a Juve player and respect him as a true legend but I rank Ale higher, at least in my heart.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Calm down guys. It's ridiculous when you notice that the whole thing has started almost by nothing. Ale had a decent performance today. He was more than OK in the second half. The whole team sucked today (except for Buffon) especially in the first half. I noticed that Rab has given a 6 to Ale which is a fair rating in my opinion. And as far as I know, 6 is average-good rating which completely describes Ale's today performance.
Thanks for clearing that up, Hoori.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Don't take this personally, but I find it stupid to compare legends with each others, because simply you can't do that, each one played in different times in different conditions against different opponents. I don't even like those stats, these are disrespect for legends, appearances or goals doesn't make anyone better than the other, why don't we just respect them all equally and stop comparing..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm not Ale lover, but why is that if he doesn't score he's heavily criticized. He fought hard out there today and deserves credit for it.
Sometimes I feel fed up with this dilemma. Since I joined the forums whenever Ale doesn't perform excellent but good or decent he's criticized. It's the same trash talk since ages.

And the last thing I'd need now is to convince someone like gill_i dont know what how decent Ale performed today and how he contributed to the goals.

I've had enough.

Jul 2, 2006
Don't take this personally, but I find it stupid to compare legends with each others, because simply you can't do that, each one played in different times in different conditions against different opponents. I don't even like those stats, these are disrespect for legends, appearances or goals doesn't make anyone better than the other, why don't we just respect them all equally and stop comparing..
True

I am against comparing 2 Juventini.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Sometimes I feel fed up with this dilemma. Since I joined the forums whenever Ale doesn't perform excellent but good or decent he's criticized. It's the same trash talk since ages.

And the last thing I'd need now is to convince someone like gill_i dont know what how decent Ale performed today and how he contributed to the goals.

I've had enough.
Exactly. And I don't say it because of tonight dispute. It's an old story here in this forum. The sky is blue and the sun shines when Ale has an excellent match, but I DO REMEMBER the days on this forum in which Ale was criticized more than Osama Ben Laden due to a bad performance. What Rab stated tonight about Ale's display against Udinese was fair IMO. He didn't overrate him at all. Saying that he build up Iaquinta's goal made Gill crazy which is weird to me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Exactly. And I don't say it because of tonight dispute. It's an old story here in this forum. The sky is blue and the sun shines when Ale has an excellent match, but I DO REMEMBER the days on this forum in which Ale was criticized more than Osama Ben Laden due to a bad performance. What Rab stated tonight about Ale's display against Udinese was fair IMO. He didn't overrate him at all. Saying that he build up Camo's goal made Gill crazy which is weird to me.
hehehe, like these mad cows he went.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Exactly. And I don't say it because of tonight dispute. It's an old story here in this forum. The sky is blue and the sun shines when Ale has an excellent match, but I DO REMEMBER the days on this forum in which Ale was criticized more than Osama Ben Laden due to a bad performance. What Rab stated tonight about Ale's display against Udinese was fair IMO. He didn't overrate him at all. Saying that he build up Camo's goal made Gill crazy which is weird to me.
No! Actually saying Ale made Iaquinta's goal made Gil crazy.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm not Ale lover, but why is that if he doesn't score he's heavily criticized. He fought hard out there today and deserves credit for it.

I've had enough.
I really think both of you are wrong.
If someone's criticizing Del Piero only because he didn't score than he's clearly wrong.
But from my experience here Del Piero is criticized only when he doesn't play well and my opinion is that he was bad today. The same goes for Trez, Nedved, Camoranesi.

Personally i praise every single player that plays well and i criticize every single player that plays bad. I make no difference if it's Molinaro or Del Piero.

The only difference is that people take it personally when Del Piero is the one being criticized and they don't really care if it's , lets say, Legrottaglie the one under heavy critics.

As for today's match i really believe Ale was bad. He lost more balls than every other player, he complicated a lot whenever he got the ball.
Yes, he was trying a lot, but why give him the credit for that when we never give the same credit to Molinaro for trying hard ?
Del Piero was one man team for almost a month and now it's normal to play below his capabilities for a match or two. Nothing to worry about.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I really think both of you are wrong.
If someone's criticizing Del Piero only because he didn't score than he's clearly wrong.
But from my experience here Del Piero is criticized only when he doesn't play well and my opinion is that he was bad today. The same goes for Trez, Nedved, Camoranesi.

Personally i praise every single player that plays well and i criticize every single player that plays bad. I make no difference if it's Molinaro or Del Piero.

The only difference is that people take it personally when Del Piero is the one being criticized and they don't really care if it's , lets say, Legrottaglie the one under heavy critics.

As for today's match i really believe Ale was bad. He lost more balls than every other player, he complicated a lot whenever he got the ball.
Yes, he was trying a lot, but why give him the credit for that when we never give the same credit to Molinaro for trying hard ?
Del Piero was one man team for almost a month and now it's normal to play below his capabilities for a match or two. Nothing to worry about.
Well, then you have to agree that there are times when the other side people take it personally when someone praises Ale by calling it bias or making jokes out of it by relating it to homosexual stuff :D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I exactly meant that and I edited my post before you mentioned it :D

What's horrible in saying that though? Gill acted like he said Ranieri is a better coach than Lippi :D
We can't really say Alex build that goal, all the credits go to Nedved, that was magnificent play, very clever pass and a great timing by Iaquinta. Sure it will pass by Del piero, since he plays in attack.

None of the players had a good game anyway except of Buffon, and I don't think anyone here criticized Alex or blamed him for anything against Udinese, whoever did, he is a retard!

Anyway, forza Ibrahimovic :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
We can't really say Alex build that goal, all the credits go to Nedved, that was magnificent play, very clever pass and a great timing by Iaquinta. Sure it will pass by Del piero, since he plays in attack.

None of the players had a good game anyway except of Buffon, and I don't think anyone here criticized Alex or blamed him for anything against Udinese, whoever did, he is a retard!

Death penalty is confirmed :D

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

I love it when you end your posts that way :touched:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I take it personal when he's criticized for no reason . He didn't play good, thats fine with everyone of us here at least me, but criticize him in a fairly way.

And I also take it personal when I read such a pathetic posts such as "he played like shit" these kind of posts you can read them alot when he doesn't outclass 11players from the opponents. IMO, you can't really describe Alex in that way.

Sure all players should be equal on the field, but Del Piero is no Molinaro or Legro. Some respect should be shown, same goes with Pavel and Trezeguet etc.

He lost lot of balls, thats right, he also complicated alot in couple of occasions, but he recovered the bad things he did doing lot of positive things....

As for what you said in the 2nd part, thats the thing, he's been giving his life in our last matches, just because he wasn't that great today doesn't mean he was really off. anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 143)