Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (56 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
No way. Scirea was at juventus from '74 to '88, while Platini only played for juventus from '82 till '87. By the time Platini joined, Scirea had already won numerous honours, including a world championship.

edit:

Freakin' Beckenbauer was still a step behind Scirea.

I'm not sure DP should be placed ahead of Tardelli either, by the way.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well, there was a certain Bettega and stuff.

Comon if two players are close in the competiton for the greatest player status, the forward is meant to get the edge.

PS and just statistically DP's era is just the most successful in our history, for a fact.

Anyway, this can go on forever... Don, just remember we're not talking about the skill, we're talking about the contribution to Juventus. And DP certainly has done more than the rest, I actually think you're the only one to argue about that...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Damn

I'll borrow.

Anyway, i wanted to say that Ale can't break the record against Inter. The most he can do is to equalize the record when he'll play vs Inter and break it in the match following after Inter-Juve ( Juve-Parma)
Ah I see. Breaking it at home is even better.

I'm not so sure. Scirea is more unique to me. Also as players, Del Piero's talent is great, but no defender has ever matched Scirea's greatness.
You ever watched one of his matches or you're saying that based on the highlights?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Some people simply state stuff, just for the sake of not agreeing with common belief/sense. lol

It's ok Dom, you're special enough, no need for inventions :D

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
No way. Scirea was at juventus from '74 to '88, while Platini only played for juventus from '82 till '87. By the time Platini joined, Scirea had already won numerous honours, including a world championship.

edit:

Freakin' Beckenbauer was still a step behind Scirea.

I'm not sure DP should be placed ahead of Tardelli either, by the way.
Don't forget man that alex stayed with juve when the team went to serie B!!! Its not an easy choice for any player (this fact alone will make me choose del piero over scirea)..........

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
@Rab
Thereabouts, slightly more perhaps.

You're trying to discredit my opinion, by pointing out i've seen little of him. I've rarely been convinced of a player's ability like his though.

I'm fine with you guys preffering DP as the best, but i'm offering a little historical perspective to your bold claim of DP being the all-time greatest. Juventus is great for a reason, it's quite something to call Del Piero the best, when the club has such a rich history.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
@Rab
Thereabouts, slightly more perhaps.

You're trying to discredit my opinion, by pointing out i've seen little of him. I've rarely been convinced of a player's ability like his though.

I'm fine with you guys preffering DP as the best, but i'm offering a little historical perspective to your bold claim of DP being the all-time greatest. Juventus is great for a reason, it's quite something to call Del Piero the best, when the club has such a rich history.
Of course the club has such a history and we're not talking about any players here to discredit your opinion. History, Goals, loyality, tough moments, class we've seen all this in Del Piero.

But what have you seen in Scirea to be sure that he's even greater than Del Piero? 8 matches isn't enough to discredit someone like Del Piero.

You haven't seen ONE single season Scirea playing. Leave alone Del Piero, you can't even say he's better than Maldini or Baresi just because you've watched some of the highlights and he's the most capped Juve player so far.

Anyway, this can go on forever

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
and I'm fine as-well with you prefering Scirea, because he's one the greatest even If I haven't seen a single match of him but records and history proves that. But still I find it a bit weird to pick him ahead of Alex.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
so how did del piero play today?? i never got to see any of the game but im glad he got 90mins, i didnt think he would after that knock he got during the week.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What a move he did when he passed those two defenders on the right side. Then the challenge was not a penalty, the Udinese defender was standing with both feet not moving but the dribbling was sublime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)