If we will qualify for the CL, we will sign Oddo and Jankulovski (8 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i also heard about this 20 million to spend.

i think priority should be centre back...and being able to get cannavaro for 3 million is something which cant be missed out on. Right back is next most important. zebina has been good in the preseason but to me, a player is still needed. I personally would rather have Bonera right now. Oddo is good but can only play as a right back and having bonera gives more options. he can play right back, the right of a 3 man defence and central defence.

third most important is back up for trezeguet. s.inzaghi is fine for me. if the reports of zlatan joining next season are true, then there isnt any need to really buy some superstar who wont be needed at the end of the season.

if money is still available, jankulovski should be bought.

1. cannavaro
2. bonera
3. s.inzaghi
4. jankulovski

Buy on AliExpress.com

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
I dont know were you got the 20M news from, but if it is true, then dont be surprised if Moggi does a Di Vaio repeat with Gilardino. I dont expect it, but if the money is there you never know, personally i am happy with the team as it is now.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Gilardino will stay where he is: at Parma. Moggi would have only made a bid, if he would have been really close to any other club. That didn't happen, so let Gila proove himself this season!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Seeing what Olivera did in this preseason, I don't think that Jankulovski is needed. We need a right back and a central def.
He would raise or options, width, depth and quality considerably though.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Contract renewals doesnt mean very much, Di Vaio extended and then got sold. Im just saying dont exclude it, Moggi is smart, he has surprised us before. But again right now i dont see the need of many signings even if there is money, save them to next summer.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
i also heard about this 20 million to spend.

Right back is next most important. zebina has been good in the preseason but to me, a player is still needed. I personally would rather have Bonera right now. Oddo is good but can only play as a right back and having bonera gives more options. he can play right back, the right of a 3 man defence and central defence.
I can't say I agree. Oddo would fit in perfectly. Capello's tactic works great with attacking fullbacks, as Birindelli showed yesterday. Oddo is simply a better Birindelli. Imagine Oddo and Zambrotta on the flanks :).

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
in d:
birindelli can't be our star RB for the season zebina will .
we neeed a CB in cannavaro.. a parthership with him and thuram would be very strong.

in the midfield:
i think as the season progresses capello will see the importance of nedved and move him behind the strikers... therefore he will need jankulovski, who can play lw,rw,rb,lb or cm...this is why we need this guy.
in strike:
so far it looks good but both of our star strikers are injury-prone so all we need is a decent backup for trez... bcuz we already have miccoli ready to replace the captain

---------------------Buffon-----------------------
--Zebina----Thuram---Cannavaro----Zambrotta---
-----Olivera-------Emerson-----Jankulovski--------
---------------------Nedved---------------------------
----------Trezeguet--------DelPiero---------------

but because of the majority of talent on the left side:

-----Jankulovski---Emerson-----Olivera--------

we can win anything with this side

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Jankulovski did never play on the right side! And....IMO it is not needed to put nedved behind the strikers. With possibly Oddo, Zambrotta, Nedved and Olivera, we have great wings, and DP is also known for his wing play!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
in d:
we neeed a CB in cannavaro.. a parthership with him and thuram would be very strong.

in the midfield:
i think as the season progresses capello will see the importance of nedved and move him behind the strikers... therefore he will need jankulovski, who can play lw,rw,rb,lb or cm...this is why we need this guy.
in strike:
so far it looks good but both of our star strikers are injury-prone so all we need is a decent backup for trez... bcuz we already have miccoli ready to replace the captain

jankulovski is not a RM.

Jul 28, 2002
imo our wing would be adequate, the only real winger danger is rambo.

Jank would provide another, as will kapo and oli in the futur,e but neddy, im happy withg him occupyin the role where we have no others, am.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
in d:

in the midfield:
in strike:

im agreeing with this idea, bar the jank on the right :D

hopefully, we could get trab as well, then i would be at least satified with the team.....but have we really made considerable progress from last year??

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juventus set to swoop
Thursday 26 August, 2004

With Champions’ League qualification secured, Juventus are now expected to strengthen their squad.

Transfer guru Luciano Moggi claimed that no new players would arrive after last night’s 4-1 win at Djungarden but few believe him.

Reports on Thursday suggest that boss Fabio Capello has asked for a new player in every department.

Arsenal defender Sol Campbell is still being linked but a move for Inter’s Fabio Cannavaro (pictured) would be simpler.

Lazio full-back Massimo Oddo is another possible signing given that Juventus have been tracking him for months.

In midfield, Cesar of Lazio and Udinese’s Marek Jankulovski are still objectives despite the latter being a reported £6.5m target for CSKA Moscow.

The Old Lady are also keen on Lazio striker Simone Inzaghi after the recent sale of Marco Di Vaio to Valencia.

Juventus qualified for the group stages of the European Cup with a convincing win in Sweden on Wednesday.

"I’m more happy for the squad rather than myself," stated goalscorer Alessandro Del Piero. "Even if I was hungry to hit the back of the net again."

David Trezeguet, who bagged a brace, added: "I saw a great side and this is the most important factor.

"It has been some time since we played with such determination. My goals? They will be of use for my morale."

Jul 28, 2002
if true, moggi was restricte by cl qualification....hmmm still doesnt explain why we didnt pick up mexes and ferrari, but was willing to spend similar dosh on chiellini.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
but have we really made considerable progress from last year??
First team:
Players out: Maresca, Di Vaio

Players in: Emerson, Blasi, Kapo, Zebina, Olivera has his breakthrough.

Players that might come: Oddo, Bonera, Inzaghi, Cannavaro.

Yeah definately progress from last year.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
if true, moggi was restricte by cl qualification....hmmm still doesnt explain why we didnt pick up mexes and ferrari, but was willing to spend similar dosh on chiellini.
Well Juve didnt want to rebuild the defense now, and who has said Mexes and Ferrari was the right men to be the new Ferrara-Montero. Chiellini is a Mexes/Ferrari in a couple of years.

By the way, Mexes and Ferrari talents comes and goes every year, its not like there wont be any good options available later.

Jul 28, 2002
i would argue it a quetion that can only be answered in the long run...on paper, maybe yes, but the way we are playing, i dont think we can say we have yet.

This time last year we were on fire, desmantling everyone (until everyone noticed we cant dfend)....

We still have the shaky defence, with the old codger and the odd useless player.

Our midfield still lack quality width, bar the potential start of oli's career.

Up front, we have got worse, bar the resurgence of trez.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Ferrari is overated IMO, Mexes we tried, but he wanted to go Roma for some stupid reason, maybe thought he will play every game there.
Just bring in a young centre back like Juan or Heitinga then I'm happy, I'm against the idea of Cannavaro, but I take him over nothing I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)