Iaquinta (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Now look at this

Udinese face Iaquinta law suit Saturday 24 September, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese could be sued for 'illegally' freezing Vincenzo Iaquinta out of the squad, claim the Italian Players’ Association.

“Udinese’s behaviour is illegal,” slammed AIC President Sergio Campana. “The FIGC is starting an investigation and we have already prepared to face this issue in the next Federal meeting.”

The Stadio Friuli side has locked Iaquinta out of the first team as punishment for his refusal to sign a contract extension. The striker’s current deal does not expire until 2007, but the club insists it will sell him as soon as the transfer window opens up in January.

“I can certainly say that a club cannot ban a player from undertaking his work in competitive football in order to convince him to sign a new contract,” added AIC Chief Campana. “It is an illegal tactic under both regular contract laws and the rules of the Sports justice system.”

It is a decision that has split Italian sport in two, from those coming out in favour of Iaquinta and those who agree with Udinese’s actions.

It seems that Serse Cosmi is also undecided on what to think of the issue, as Iaquinta has been excluded from the side set to face Reggina this evening and will probably skip Tuesday’s Champions League visit to Barcelona.

“Everyone has given their opinion on Iaquinta’s situation – all except me. I am the only Coach here who has been damaged by this and I don’t want to talk about it, even if you know that I am in line with the club’s position,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

source: channel4.com

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    How could Moggi have interfered with Iaquinta's contract renewal?
    by telling him not to sign a new contract and juve wants him next season .

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    Now look at this

Udinese face Iaquinta law suit Saturday 24 September, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese could be sued for 'illegally' freezing Vincenzo Iaquinta out of the squad, claim the Italian Players’ Association.

“Udinese’s behaviour is illegal,” slammed AIC President Sergio Campana. “The FIGC is starting an investigation and we have already prepared to face this issue in the next Federal meeting.”

The Stadio Friuli side has locked Iaquinta out of the first team as punishment for his refusal to sign a contract extension. The striker’s current deal does not expire until 2007, but the club insists it will sell him as soon as the transfer window opens up in January.

“I can certainly say that a club cannot ban a player from undertaking his work in competitive football in order to convince him to sign a new contract,” added AIC Chief Campana. “It is an illegal tactic under both regular contract laws and the rules of the Sports justice system.”

It is a decision that has split Italian sport in two, from those coming out in favour of Iaquinta and those who agree with Udinese’s actions.

It seems that Serse Cosmi is also undecided on what to think of the issue, as Iaquinta has been excluded from the side set to face Reggina this evening and will probably skip Tuesday’s Champions League visit to Barcelona.

“Everyone has given their opinion on Iaquinta’s situation – all except me. I am the only Coach here who has been damaged by this and I don’t want to talk about it, even if you know that I am in line with the club’s position,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

source: channel4.com
    this is totally correct.clubs freezing players out of the squad simply because they dont sign a contract is pathetic.udinese should be taken to court,cassano should have done the same with roma too.
    players should have some control over their status too.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    This is the first time I've seen the FA actually take action against these clubs even though similar contract problems have taken place in the past.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Luigito ] ++
    why more fowards?

we have DP, zlatan, trez, mutu and Zala.

Look what happen with Real Madrid and his "galatics" they buy only ofensive md, and fowards and look their performances in the last years.

we need DEFENSE
    yea exactly your'e right ;)

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    This is the first time I've seen the FA actually take action against these clubs even though similar contract problems have taken place in the past.
    it should so something , cause clubs cant force players to sign contracts , the problem is this issue affected udinese in serie A , since this happened they did not get any point :D

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++

this is totally correct.clubs freezing players out of the squad simply because they dont sign a contract is pathetic.udinese should be taken to court,cassano should have done the same with roma too.
    players should have some control over their status too.
    agreed

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    Barca get Iaquinta blame Monday 26 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese chief Giampaolo Pozzo believes Barcelona are to blame for the Vincenzo Iaquinta contract row.

The striker has been frozen out of the Bianconeri squad after talks over a new deal broke down because of his wage demands.

And Pozzo feels that the Spanish club’s failed bid to sign him in January has been a factor in the saga.

"In some ways, Barcelona are partly responsible," stated the Friuli patron. "The player deluded himself and it all started from there.

"Iaquinta got it into his head that he could play for the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Milan."

Udinese will ironically face Barca in the Champions League on Tuesday, but Iaquinta will play no part yet again.

"He is not featuring for us because he wants to be sold, he doesn’t want to stay here," added Pozzo.

"Iaquinta told us at the end of last season that he wanted to go, yet nobody contacted us in the summer. Fiorentina? They didn’t approach us."

Udinese last week suggested that Iaquinta will now be sold in January and that stance hasn’t changed.

"We’ll aim to find him a solution in the New Year," Pozzo added. "But we haven’t yet received any bids for him."

Roma, Parma and Juventus have so far been linked with the Italian international striker

Dec 26, 2004
    Iquinta!!!
    OK I don't see Abbiati as a reliable option so maybe we can bring Iquinta and try him as a reserve keeper...
    How can we find a space for him upfront and we already have a flood of talent there :fero:

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    “Udinese’s behaviour is illegal,”

as i said from the very beginning this is blackmail,
    i used to respect Udinese...in a way,
    they are going down...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Sadly everything went down after their great performance last season. The key personnel left and now Iaqunita is frozen. I wouldn't be surprised if Barca were to give them a thrashing during the period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)