Iaquinta (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Iaquinta set for January sale Thursday 22 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese have revealed that they intend to sell contract rebel Vincenzo Iaquinta during the January transfer window.

The player has been sensationally axed from the squad after the two parties failed to agree terms to extend his present deal.

Udinese are unwilling to meet his wage demands and the striker now faces the prospect of spending the next three months on the sidelines.

"The player lacks the stimulus to stay here and it would be better to find an alternative solution," said Udinese chief Gianpaolo Pozzo.

"He wants to leave and we will therefore find a new team for him in January. We’ll see what we can do because he wants to join a big club."

However, Iaquinta – who missed last night’s 1-0 defeat to Juventus – maintains he is ready to remain at the Friuli.

"I would like to repeat what I said last week, even before I met with the club to discuss a possible renewal," he noted.

"I’m happy to have remained alongside my splendid teammates, the coaches who have great faith in me and the marvellous fans who have offered me unforgettable moments."

Iaquinta’s controversial exclusion from the squad has inevitably fuelled the suspicious nature of Italian football.

The fact that he still has almost two years left on his deal, and that he was dropped on the eve of the Juve match, have not gone unnoticed by those in the game.

"It is very, very strange," stated Inter owner Massimo Moratti. "His contract doesn’t expire until 2007 and there is plenty of time.

"It is even stranger that all this occurred just before the Juventus match…"

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti added: "I think that a lot of weird things are happening in thisfootball world.

"It can’t be possible that a player who has two years to run on his contract can be in such a position."

Unconfirmed allegations are already suggesting that Juventus may be preparing a New Year bid for the Italian international.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    It is very, very strange, His contract doesn’t expire until 2007 and there is plenty of time , so why ??

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    We dont have place to fit Mutu in. And we're already looking at Iaquinta. Oh, sorry I just realised, tall is in fashion these days.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Having come this far with Udinese and having a chance to play in Europe's elite club competition, I find it hard that he would endanger his status in the team and risk missing out on more games especially the CL ones.

If he just signed an extension it'd profit everyone involved.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Probably just a rumour to spice up the story regarding Iaquinta leaving Udinese. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up something like Iaquinta tied to Udinese until blah blah blah.

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
    But if Iaquinta is tied to Udinese till 2007, why are the club desperate to force the players hand right now. Holding a gun to his head more like it. If he doesn't say yes, we will axe you and then sell you.

This is breaking new ground in the ever murkier waters of calciomercato.

The likelihood is that VI realizes that he will be capable of getting better contract at big Italian or Spanish club.

Udinese, originally thought to be the good guys - standing up to greed blah blah blah, may well be acting like a ruthless dictatorship.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Iaquinta is making a mistake....His team needs him for the CL...And he already scored a hat-rick....If he'll continue with Udinese this way, then am sure that a hell of Clubs will want his legs.....If I were him, I'd stay.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Sounds like Udinese hopes to cash in while his street value is peaking. I, for one, see his recent performances more as an anomaly than the norm for him.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    i wouldnt mind him at all but there's no room for him i afraid.
    he is a fine player.
    first cassano,then iaquinta..i seriously think that clubs in italy should stop being cry babies by freezing players out of the squad.
    players should have more control over thiss stuff.iaquinta's world cup chances could be dealt a seriously massive blow if udinese freeze him out of the squad.
    fvck roma AND udinese.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Actually 2007 isn't all that far away. It means that if Iaquinta does not lengthen his contract soon, udinese have to sell him in 2006 if they want to get some money out of him. If they don't sell him by then, he'll walk away for free the following year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)