i was just wondering...... (1 Viewer)

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
hello guys and gals...
i dunt know how happy i am to finally found a website dedicated to Juventus in English....
This is the coolest and complete website that i found!!!
congratulation!!!
This is what've been in my mind after reading all ur post!
Some of u suggest that Juve sell Trez to generate some money and buy us a couple of defender and also a replacement for Trez.
The name that come across as the ideal replacement is Zlatan, Gillardino and a couple more.
To me Zlatan would be a very sound investment to the future.
Lets think back b4 we have Trez.
Someone pls correct me if i'm wrong but Juve bought Trez after his winner in Final of Euro 2000 rite?
At that time...i dunt think a lot of ppl know that much abt Trez rite?..
Apart that he's young and included in the France squad for the tournament but not as a regular.
I think Moggi bought him at that time as a investment for the future, but also a gamble knowing that he does not start as a regular in France.
I keep wondering how does Juve know that this guy can bang a lot of goals for Juve in the future?.
Surely Moggi can repeat this achievement again rite???:confused::confused:
I say sell Trez and buy a replacement and a couple of defender!!!!
I like Mista....he's tall like Trez and great in air...does he suit our style of play?.....

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by incomplex ] ++
Someone pls correct me if i'm wrong but Juve bought Trez after his winner in Final of Euro 2000 rite?

At that time...i dunt think a lot of ppl know that much abt Trez rite?
IIRC, we bought him b4 euro 2000 started. i remember that coz after trez scored the golden goal against italy, the commentator went beserk....and he did mention how wud the italian accept him at juve that coming season.

i think we was known....but not that well. coz he was part of the worldcup winning squad in 98.

btw, welcome incomplex :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Welcome to the forums incomplex. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Just as a word of warning, the moderators here don't like multiple threads on one topic.

I'm not so sure about Zlatan. He's a seriously unproven quantity, and the sale of Trezeguet without a suitable replacement would be disasterous.

Jul 28, 2002
Welcome incomplex.....

Dom, i kno i might jus contridict myself, but if he is a point man that plays like dp then i dont really want him.....there is already one kluivert on the planet, dont need another.

Jul 28, 2002
dom..i thinku misunderstand what i said, i was agreeing with u :D

If Zlat is a point man who tries to be dp , then there is no point.

I was agreeing wit u dude :D

OP
incomplex

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    morning!
    well...what i'm trying to say is
    how did Juve know someone for e.g here Trez can score a lot of goals for them when at that time he does not even start in regular national team?
    I say if they do wanna sell Trez whoever that they bought must have been certain criteria that Juve want rite?
    But sometimes Juve do bought a average player...:D Legro?
    What abt Mista anyone?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Welcome to the forums incomplex. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Just as a word of warning, the moderators here don't like multiple threads on one topic.

I'm not so sure about Zlatan. He's a seriously unproven quantity, and the sale of Trezeguet without a suitable replacement would be disasterous.
    It's not that the moderators don't like it. It's against the rules because it clutters the forum.

Jan 7, 2004

I think Moggi bought him at that time as a investment for the future, but also a gamble knowing that he does not start as a regular in France.
    I keep wondering how does Juve know that this guy can bang a lot of goals for Juve in the future?.
    Surely Moggi can repeat this achievement again rite???:confused::confused:
    I say sell Trez and buy a replacement and a couple of defender!!!!
    I like Mista....he's tall like Trez and great in air...does he suit our style of play?.....
    thats whats bothering me. thinkin that moggi has lost his touch.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    the problem is that we need a striker who is going to give us 25 goals a season in all comps like trez can. Zlatan is very good, but he isnt a natural scorer like trez.

cavenaghi is still a possibility, but a risk as he hasnt experienced serie A or europe. Gilardino is good back up, but not a starting player in my opinion.

strikers like ronaldo, shevchenko, RVN wont be leaving their clubs...the only player that might leave is Vieri and he is too old now to get for us, even though he would be great to have if he was 3 years younger.

Drogba isnt a bad striker...wouldnt mind him actually. Or even Mido.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
    whadaya mean by risky?
    Is it true that juve having financial difficulties?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3526851.stm

but remember....Trez also didnt have any SerieA experiance b4 this
    if we wanna but someone with SerieA experiance then the option maybe is not that great
    Gillardino,Bazzani....
    outside SerieA
    Mista,Zlatan,Cave,Robinho?
    Who's Cave :confused:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Cavenaghi is a risk. there are so many factors to think about. A great player at River in south america. But not everyone comes over to europe and performs well. Look at the likes of Ortega, Palermo, riquelme, saviola...they havent really performed as well as they did back in argentina.

You cant compare trezeguet's joining to a player like cavenaghi.

1. We had inzaghi and kovacevic at the club still, so trezeguet joining wasnt as if he was going to be our main striker.

2. Trezeguet had CL experience and played a world cup and euro.

3. he lived in europe already.

Cavenaghi hasnt had any CL experience, nor has he played or lived in europe. He would join a club like juventus and would have to start and be our main striker and try and fill a player who has a great scoring ratio.

i think there is a risk.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    There is a risk alright, but he's surely capable of adapting to the style of play. Argentines have this natural ability to adapt to the Serie A real quick. Cresp, Simone, Lopez, Bati, jes some of the names the spring to mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)