i was just wondering...... (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
okay, batigol, crespo, veron, and simeone all did. but lopez struggled at the start and ortega never really hit it off either.

one thing we must remember, Cavenaghi would be coming in to replace Trezeguet as a starter. So he will be our starting striker, our main dude upfront. As back up, i'm all for it, but if di vaio and trez were not there, its a big step for him IMO.

i'm just saying that if we want to bring in a striker who is going to start in the first 11, they have to have some kind of experience in europe at least.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by incomplex ] ++
whadaya mean by risky?
Is it true that juve having financial difficulties?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3526851.stm

but remember....Trez also didnt have any SerieA experiance b4 this
if we wanna but someone with SerieA experiance then the option maybe is not that great
Gillardino,Bazzani....
outside SerieA
Mista,Zlatan,Cave,Robinho?
Gilardino is great. Bazzani hates everything that;s Juve, with a passion.
Mista, nah no Juve type.
Zlatan isn't good.
Cave, maybe.
Robinho, PLEASE NO!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'd take Cavenaghi all right,di viao can always step in if he doesn't perform.

can't really say i'm impressed with di vaio at the moment though.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
morning!
well...what i'm trying to say is
how did Juve know someone for e.g here Trez can score a lot of goals for them when at that time he does not even start in regular national team?
Actually Trez did play for Monaco, so it wans't like Juve just saw him when
he had N.T. games! ;)
Also I'm not 100% sure about this, but as I have heard and read Trez
was another player Moggi didn't want to buy, it was G.A. (RIP) that
bought Trez for juve with his own money!

(?)

What abt Mista anyone?
Mista replacing Trez. sorry, I don't think so...
everytime I C Valencia play and C mista I can't help laughing cause
for many months ago the commentator started comparing him with TOTTI
and say they are very similar... :LOL:

btw. welcome 2 the forum!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
if we are going to talk about valencia and transfers in the same sentence, i only want to hear Aimar's name being mentioned.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The only Valencia player I want is Aimar, and maybe Canizares as a replacement for Chimenti, which ain't gonna happen

grhm

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Someone pls correct me if i'm wrong but Juve bought Trez after his winner in Final of Euro 2000 rite?
At that time...i dunt think a lot of ppl know that much abt Trez rite?..
Trez was not a complete unknown at all, he had been banging in the goals for Monaco, played in the wc98 and you could say he was a wc winner and so its not as if Moggi bought potential, he bought almost finished article as the Trez of then and that of now is the same thing.

Mista , I am not very sure what you like about him as he can be very wasteful in front of goal and Dv would not want to lose that title:D

Besides he is not tall and is not exactly a striker just a forward or even an attacking midfielder

Zlatan is a player who has lots of skills but I don't think he would ever be the finished article as he thinks he is the best right now anyways so he feels there is no need for improvement. If he has great movement then he would be very nice for us as I am sure he can link up the play

OP
incomplex

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    thanx Juventino :)
    wow...it thats true then we shouldnt sell Trez rite?
    he was like G.A's (RIP) property!!!
    we cant sell someone property without permission
    am i being silly?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    Mirante is fine for back up. do we still own carini by any chance? geez we screwed his career!:down:
    Mirante is good, but I'd hate to see him on Juve's bench for the rest of his career. As for Carini he's currently on some kind of loan to Belgian outfit Standard Liege, and doing quite well, from what I read.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    The plonker should eb playing for arsenal, he was good enough to.
    I'm not entirely sure that he would have been that good in England. He is a very good keeper, but if he has a weak point is has to be highballs. If you combine that with Arsenal's own lack of aerial ability, it might not be good. I wouldn't really worry about it though, becuas I'm sure that a top club will come calling for him soon.

Jul 28, 2002
    i dont kno why but id still love to see him at arsenal, lehman is a stop gap..they needs a proper replacemnt, if they dont get frey, they need to think about other, carini would be good cos he would be relatively cheap.

Jul 12, 2002
    i dont kno why but id still love to see him at arsenal, lehman is a stop gap..they needs a proper replacemnt, if they dont get frey, they need to think about other, carini would be good cos he would be relatively cheap.
    Yeah. Arsenal definitely need a young-ish keeper who has some experience and could be their number one for years to come. Frey is a good option, but I don;t see them outbidding Bayern for him, so Carini is an option, but I doubt they'll go back to him, unless he shows something special with the Uruguayan NT or something.

Jul 28, 2002
    They shoudl take a leaf out of utd's book n risk it on a young keeper, twice its paid off for utd...schmeichal and now howard.

Jul 12, 2002
    They shoudl take a leaf out of utd's book n risk it on a young keeper, twice its paid off for utd...schmeichal and now howard.
    Yeah, but who? Maybe they should buy Sebastien Saja off of Brescia. he's young and very good, plus he could help them out with their free-kicks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)