Hypocrites, expose yourself (2 Viewers)

CL spot, YOU prefer?

• Inter, I want the best thing for this league and Juve

• Bayern, I can't support Inter and I want them to "choke"

• I hate Inter. Stolen Scudetti, not a single Italian player, and I'll support anyone that plays again

• You mean the Champions League has still been going on since December?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Who do you want to win the CL this year when it came down between a German and an Italian team.

Is the UEFA coefficient as important as it always was?

Is the reputation of Serie A as significant as it always was?

What is it that you are looking for in this match?

Personally, as in 2007 when Milan played Liverpool to save face for Italian football, I didn't give a toss back then and I didn't even watch the match....I am also not watching the final this year.

I would like it for Bayern to win as my logic has been that our direct opponents get richer by winning trophies.
Italian football died and serie A lost it's good reputation, when moRATti set up :inter: 's rivals to be penalised unjustly.

I can't remember the Milan vs Liverpool game, but the English commentators are sooooo awful that I would probably have favoured milan; - not because they were an Italian team, but because of the unprofessionalism of the commentators, I would have supported whoever played against the English side!

I have to side with our Bayern friend, Burke. I hope Bayern win it. :juventus:

And UEFA to take the CL trophy (in case Inter win it) from them and give it to Bayern :seven:
...... for being the biggest bunch of cheats in Europe! :D

I wish you luck in your race, Jack!

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
I think what people fear is that Italy aren't exactly the masterminds of organizing change.

Before the lynch mob jumps on my back because of what I just said; No, I won't be supporting Inter, I'm just saying..

I think this entire discussion is highly amusing though. I have a feeling a lot of people are now just saying things to keep people on their good side, rather than how they feel.
Probably, but it would be a beginning, don't you think?

Ignore the lynching mob, just play the Mafia game:D

It is amusing:seven:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think this entire discussion is highly amusing though. I have a feeling a lot of people are now just saying things to keep people on their good side, rather than how they feel.
People actually need to pretend they want Inter to lose? I want Italian league to be as healthy as possible, and it worries me for every year, it it becomes less and less appealling for foreing players to come there, and I would prefer if the 4th spot was kept. But rooting for Inter? Thats jumping over gazillion of steps to the grave extreme IMO.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
People actually need to pretend they want Inter to lose? I want Italian league to be as healthy as possible, and it worries me for every year, it it becomes less and less appealling for foreing players to come there, and I would prefer if the 4th spot was kept. But rooting for Inter? Thats jumping over gazillion of steps to the grave extreme IMO.
That's exactly how I feel, I can't root for Inter to win a CL, it's madness. If they were to win it though, I'd give them credit for it, I'm not that childish.

I think there's people who at this point just feel the 'bigger picture' is more important though. I'm fairly certain there are more people who feel this way than they express. But hey, what do I know.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Motivated by the thread Antonio opened in 2007 for the CL final between Milan and Liverpool (http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21465&highlight=Milan+Liverpool) I took the risk to be accused of plagiarism and I wrote a very similar post, wanting to share it with the Juve faithful.

Champions League Final - Who do the Juve faithful support??
I thought we may as well start a thread about this, seeing as its the biggest match in club football at the moment. I personally will be avidly supporting Inter for the following reasons:

1. A win would be good for Italian football, and whats good for Italian football, is good for Juve.

2. Inter eliminated an English team in the knock-outs.....GREAT

3. As some members already proved, a direct rival winning the CL won't damage Juve's chances in serie A and it won't make the direct rivals richer and more attractive. So, since that's settled, lets all support Inter.

4. Juve and Inter play the TIM trophy every year, and there seems to be a mutual respect that we are the top 2 Italian teams. A particular example would be them buying the useless player Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Juve for 25 mil eur, which made the Juve fans happy because Juve got good cash in those tough times while at the same time we got rid of an awful player who wasn't worth a penny.

5. Juve and Bayern have a lot of bad blood. Rummenige hates Juve and he said that he won't ever sell one of his players to Juventus,

I'm interested to see what the opinion of most juve fans are, but these are my reasons why I'll be supporting Inter on May 22nd.

Lets create a poll and see how many of us want the best for Italian football.
:agree: I am supporting Inter as well.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Is it me or is this thread going to amount to nothing more than name calling & fighting between (mostly decent) forum members?
Every time and I think that's the point of this thread :sergio:
And UEFA to take the CL trophy (in case Inter win it) from them and give it to Bayern :seven:
Would never happen, Marseilles CL win comes to mind. They we demoted to the 2nd division yet their CL win against Milan was never stripped from them.
I don't support either teams so I cannot see why one would want one to win over the other. Atleast Sab is from Germany so she has kind of a point for cheering for Bayern.
Exactly.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Personally I don't care about coefficients. I'd like to see a good football match.

If Inter wins I'd be happy because of Mourinho but if I had to pick who I'd like to win the whole thing, it would be Bayern probably.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #54
    Ok, you are busy, and good luck btw. But you said you didnt watch past CL finals too, like you dont care or is interested unless Juve are playing. Which would be odd, CL finals is a rather interesting event, to put it mildly.
    The Milan - Liverpool in Athens I missed intentionally, I was sure Milan were going to win, so I avoided the ugly image. And look what Inzaghi did at that final, I think I would have filled the room with vomit had I watched that final.

The Porto - Monaco I missed because let's be honest here, it was the silliest thing to ever happen.

And then only one more I missed was the Manchester United - Bayern where I was in the army.

Then all the finals from 1989 and back I missed because of lack of coverage.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Why would I support one of them? Last years I've honestly had problems motivating myself to watch a game that Juventus, Djurgården or Sweden isn't in, unless its the World Cup or Euros of course.

But for the people who live in Sweden. If Serie A keeps getting worse and worse its going to be much more difficult for us to watch games. Its already getting harder and harder to watch games on TV. It was so much easier a few years back and lets be honest here. For us who don't live in Italy, Juventus and Serie A goes hand in hand.

But to answer the question, no I don't want Inter to win the CL cause I don't want Inter to have more Champions League titles than us. That would be too much.

And, if we were Italians, would we be supporting Inter for Serie A's sake right now? Cause, I mean, Sab is supporting the nr 1 hated team in Germany just for the sake of Bundesliga.

May 25, 2009
    Its nice to see that some of ye will be supporting Inter. The fact that you can support your biggest rival in a major final, especially after the poor season Juve have had, shows just how classy some of you Juve fans really are.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Jack and Alen. This is what a supposed hypocrite would/should tell you and I see nothing wrong in it. They hate Inter. They hate Milan. They hate Bayern and Liverpool. And they care about Uefa Coefficient because they want Italy to have four CL spots. Now look at this and tell me how this is hypocrite:

They hate Inter more than they care about Uefa coefficient. They want to see them humiliated in Europe more than they do care about Italy's fourth spot in the CL. However, this is not the same for them when it comes to Milan. They hate Milan too but they care about the Uefa coefficient more than they hate Milan, why can't you understand this? So, in a Liverpool-Milan game they'd care about the Uefa coefficient and would want Milan to win while in an Inter-Bayern final they'd be cheering for Bayern because their hatred for Inter can surpass any other thing they care about.

I know where it's coming from though. When you wanted ManU to beat Milan, they preached you about how you, as a true Juve fan, must care about the fourth CL spot but they forgot that Milan to you is just like Inter to them. But it doesn't make them hypocrites. They are as hypocrite as you are.

You both need to grow up. I myself felt so childish explaining that :p It's childish to interrogate someone for cheering a certain team even if he has the silliest reasons for that.

Btw, it's the most stupid thing to say that if Juve are not good enough to get one of the first three spots in the league then it's their own faults because in the end, the big money we WILL certainly lose after losing on a CL spot matters the most.

I hate both Inter and Bayern. In the previous poll I voted for Liverpool because we had been relegated at that year while Milan got the chance to play in the CL and it was what made me want Liverpool to win the CL. This time, I'll be probably cheering for Inter because I know that Juve is not strong enough yet to guarantee finishing in one of the first three spots in the league and I'd gladly take Inter winning the CL (beating a direct rival from Bundesliga) as a help to my favorite team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)