Huge Tsunami waves hit Southeast Asia (4 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Is it just me, or does it look like these people are being willing spectators to their own drownings?

The wave surge from a tsunami of this magnitude can be as much as 6-10 meters and, unlike a simple ocean wave that immediately ebbs, doesn't subside for as many as 45 minutes. Are these pictures of Darwinism in action? :confused: (Perhaps a subject for the "are humans still evolving" thread...)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
I think CNN is too one-sided. And prejudiced. And judgmental. And they have Larry King (whom I find extremely irritating).
I don't think CNN is too one-sided. I think they try desperately to look that way in a feeble attempt to look like Fox News. More than anything, they are now pathetically inexperienced and run like a rip-and-read journalism chop shop.

CNN shot themselves in the head once Ted Turner was shown the door. Now they all talk about being THE experienced cable news network and all, but they made it an open programming/financial policy years ago to fire all their experienced journalists and replace them with young mounds of clay with airbrushed faces and blank stares -- inexperienced automatons so eager to be on TV that they willingly take on near-minimum-wage salaries.

In the name of competing with their eroding market share in the U.S. to Fox News, CNN decided that infotainment was the ultimate market and not journalism...chasing more of Fox News and what they do, and being only second best at it. Idiots. They're getting what they deserve: more market share erosion.

CNN's motto should really be: "CNN: trying to be Fox News on the cheap"

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #75
    There will be even more victims that will die due to outbrakes of waterborn diseases, lack of food, shelter, etc.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #76
    They say the death toll is at 55.000

I wouldnt be surprised if the final number was over 100.000

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    They say the death toll is at 55.000

I wouldnt be surprised if the final number was over 100.000
    In Indonesia, the victims has increased to 27.000 and thousands of ppl are missing. Tsunami has swept all the Aceh city.
    I can't stand to watch the news on tv...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Yeah, the news are really sad.

CNN-USA has changed its broadcasting schedule. Normally at midnight it's Lou Dobbs' show. Now they air live news from CNN Hong Kong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)