How Racist Is Your Country On A Scale on 1 to 10? (1 Viewer)

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Turkey: 2, there are some right wing parties and groups, but the people have a history of different cultures, therefore don't see others by their race. I would say that racism isn't a big issue at all.

That is, if you aren't a terrorist pretending to be a freedom fighter going around and planting land mines, but I dont see that as something to do with race.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Turkey: 2, there are some right wing parties and groups, but the people have a history of different cultures, therefore don't see others by their race. I would say that racism isn't a big issue at all.

That is, if you aren't a terrorist pretending to be a freedom fighter going around and planting land mines, but I dont see that as something to do with race.
2? C'mon. What about Turkeys rivalry with Greece? Or is that just Greeks and Turks in Melbourne :shifty:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Really? Even after those attacks on the Indians? (Note: I really do want an answer, I'm not trying to provoke you) :)

--

As for my country I'd have to say 8, I fucking hate the word "paki", it's just ridiculous.
Keep pushing, X... CAUSE IMA GONNA KILL YAA! But in all seriousness, the Indian media are bullshitting. Indians are forming vigilantes and hanging out at train stations. Way to play the victim. I would go into it but i'll spare you :p

I'm surprised by that 8.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
i'd give us a 9.5 .. Saudis have some really racist mentality ..

Hell many saudis are even racists against other Saudis let alone foreigners. People from the central region hate Hijazis(western region) and easterners. easterners are isolating themselves from everyone else. Hijazis are the least racist but i'd still give them a 5 at least. Some might disagree with me but that's just because Saudis tend to love others once they really know them and get over the stereotypes fast!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I'd give Australia about a 5.

I'd give western Australia and Queensland about an 8.

I can't really talk about the problem with Aboriginals because in Victoria we have hardly any around. They seem to be anywhere that isn't Victoria, Tasmania and Adelaide.
But I can say that there have been plenty of problems between Aboriginals and cops in western Sydney for a long long time, EVERYONE in western Australia is racist, Melbourne is the 2nd most Greek populated city on earth to Athens (apparently) and the whole Indian student bashing problem in Melbourne is completely made up (hang around train stations in the western suburbs late at night and you're asking to be bashed) by the Indian media.

Either way, I think Australia is pretty good especially regarding respect for European and Asian communities.
Well i have been in the country for just over 5 years now and I agree with to some extent but maybe 0.5 here or there. Its evident racism as people have been talking about recently with the indian student bashings but more some form of differentiation. That is simply from the way some people talk where you sense a bit of discomfort especially towards new migrants from Africa and india but overall people are pretty inclusive and welcoming.

Really? Even after those attacks on the Indians? (Note: I really do want an answer, I'm not trying to provoke you) :)
Nenna explained it a bit and many people share his opinion. These attacks mainly were not fueled by racism but simply by violence and thievery. You have people walking around the train stations late at night with bling bling and black berrys, what do you expect the outcome is going to be ? There is concern and i don't think the idea should be dismissed entirely but it shouldn't be perceived in that way. Violence is an issue all over Victoria and everyone is affected.

Mar 14, 2004
We have a reputation of being an extremely racist country. But TBH, I wouldn't say we're more racist than most other countries. The difference is, here the racists know how to make themselves heard and it reflects poorly on everybody.

the difference of our country is that 1st we hate our neighbors the most and then other races,religions and so.....

Jul 15, 2006
ßüякε;2034709 said:
Is that because you are Pakistani?
I'm not Pakistani, but I'm not rascist either.
Keep pushing, X... CAUSE IMA GONNA KILL YAA!
:heart:
But in all seriousness, the Indian media are bullshitting. Indians are forming vigilantes and hanging out at train stations. Way to play the victim. I would go into it but i'll spare you :p.
I'm surprised by that 8.
Nenna explained it a bit and many people share his opinion. These attacks mainly were not fueled by racism but simply by violence and thievery. You have people walking around the train stations late at night with bling bling and black berrys, what do you expect the outcome is going to be ? There is concern and i don't think the idea should be dismissed entirely but it shouldn't be perceived in that way. Violence is an issue all over Victoria and everyone is affected.
Well, the media obviously didn't elaborate on the things you mentioned, I was asking because couple of my friends who were going to Uni in Australia and cancelled so I was wondering if it was that... prominant? But I see the bigger picture now to be honest. :tup: And @ Nenna, perhaps it was, maybe a 7 would be more accurate. :)

Mar 24, 2006
Indonesia , 7/10 .
Taiwan 2/10.

I just hate for being divided into your race considering you were born , raised and grew in the country where you own your Passport and nationality , peoples has no ability to choose who are you gonna born to , right ?

Racists marks have been decrease drastically in Indonesia since the end of Suharto's era though , now Indonesia has become a better place to live :tup: but still i would still choose to live in another countries if i have a chances in the future without giving up my current nationality , because i'm sure i can give an equal contribution to the both countries :D

:flag1:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
welcome to america, a racist's paradise

even better - welcome to texas (or anywhere in the south), where if you aren't white, then you ain't right

Mar 24, 2006
Shite , i'm not gonna slump into this skin colour issues , Dru :D

the only thing i agree is we are all the same , human being .

btw , just finished my last report , gonna sleep now , night all :tup:

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #78
    Very. I'd say 8. UP until relatively recently (mid 90s) there were practically no immigrants in Ireland. I think people are still getting over the shock that not everybody in Ireland is Irish :rolleyes:.
    I have a highscool friend that lives in Ireland & she told me about a Nigerian asylum seeker that became the first black mayor in Portlaoise Town Council.I believe the folk were outraged.:lol:

Of course the other immigrant were overjoyed.

Byrone, are you referring to the general populace, or government policies/legislation?
    Pretty much everything but your answer was quite interesting thanks bro.:tup:

ßüякε;2034191 said:
    My country isn't racist at all, niggers, kikes, chinks, wops, micks, and greasers are all equally worthless here.
    Trust a fucking redneck hick to give a balanced answer.:D

Byrone, are you asking this just for interest, or are you planning to move in and start a new life in one of those countries?
    Two words: Jacob Zuma,google the retard.

I'd give Australia about a 5.

I'd give western Australia and Queensland about an 8.

I can't really talk about the problem with Aboriginals because in Victoria we have hardly any around. They seem to be anywhere that isn't Victoria, Tasmania and Adelaide.
    But I can say that there have been plenty of problems between Aboriginals and cops in western Sydney for a long long time, EVERYONE in western Australia is racist, Melbourne is the 2nd most Greek populated city on earth to Athens (apparently) and the whole Indian student bashing problem in Melbourne is completely made up (hang around train stations in the western suburbs late at night and you're asking to be bashed) by the Indian media.

Either way, I think Australia is pretty good especially regarding respect for European and Asian communities.
    I know for fact that Australians dont like south africans,well the afrikaans ones & who the hell can blame them but what i find strange is that we have so much in common from the sports,traditions & landscape its scary.Also i suppose the sporting rivalry also adds to that as both nations are extremely passionate about their cricket & rugby.

Malta is relatively intolerant towards immigrants, particularly Arabs and illegal immigrants, but then they make a fuss if one of the illegal immigrants is attacked or something.
    Most people here don't like arabs cause they think they are all rapists lol, and yes i know that mentality is quite retarded lol, but the maltese population likes to generalise A LOT
    Thats a first! I dont think Rami would be to pleased about that one.:lol:

We have a reputation of being an extremely racist country. But TBH, I wouldn't say we're more racist than most other countries. The difference is, here the racists know how to make themselves heard and it reflects poorly on everybody.
    You know the balkan folk i know here in sa are either extremely cosmopolitan,friendly & sociable & then you get the complete fucking rascist morons like cruello that think indians are gypsies & blacks are gorillas.Then again your one of the coolest guys ive encountered so i suppose one has to take it one person at a time.

I agree....whites are generally hated and mistreated here
    True especially when Irish call Italians wops & Italians call Irish micks.

welcome to america, a racist's paradise

even better - welcome to texas (or anywhere in the south), where if you aren't white, then you ain't right
    Especially when rednecks mistake indians for mexicans & red indians.:lol:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I know for fact that Australians dont like south africans,well the afrikaans ones & who the hell can blame them but what i find strange is that we have so much in common from the sports,traditions & landscape its scary.Also i suppose the sporting rivalry also adds to that as both nations are extremely passionate about their cricket & rugby.
    Don't we? I didn't know that. To me, South Africans are pretty similar to Australians. We do have a pretty big cricket rivalry though I must admit. I don't hate the springbox, I hate England when it comes to rugby though after that world cup loss. Don't fear Byrone, I like you:smoke:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)