How many of us actually play football? (1 Viewer)

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
i play in my school's girls football team and at home,out club is named after our skool,we play friendly matches,no cups...only the guys get cups and stuff :( and no,no money..i just play it cuz its fun! ;)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I play with the reserves of a team. Earns me about 10 € per point, I think. Anyway, if I ever make it to the first team I"ll earn about 100 € per game. But of course I play because it's fun.

Jul 28, 2002
    i play in a local 6 a side league...we are top in the first division.......managed to get sent off twice, scored 23....which is amazing for me considering last year i scored 12.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    I got sent off once (for asking the ref to be consistent). I scored 12 for one team and 11 for another. But I'm not a striker so I guess that's alright.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    This is my team: www.fcammk.com

It's in Russian, here's the link for the photo album: http://www.fcammk.com/album.php

I played there when it was an amateur club back in 96 and 97, but when it turned pro I was obviously too bad.

I am among 5 persons which founded this club back in 1996, and we built it from scratch.

Nowadays I just play football with my buddies on a big court twice a week.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    I got sent off once (for asking the ref to be consistent). I scored 12 for one team and 11 for another. But I'm not a striker so I guess that's alright.
    im a central midfielder...make way too many hard tackcles but i enjoy it.....

i take free kicks, pens and genrally crack cruise missle shots from distance...im jus lcky they have started to go in.

ive never asked the ref to be consistant..i may try that one :cool::D

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    I also got a yellow card for telling the ref he shouldn't pull cards so easily. How stupid is that?

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    ah..refs, they're just ****ed up you know. They all act like they're some god or something. Honestly, I think you should be allowed to at least question a ref's decision instead of getting a yellow card instantly. Plus the fact you receive cards for complaining but you don't get any for trying to break someone's leg. Most refs have a big ego-problem..

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    Which he usally is. But no, normally we don't really blame the ref for our loss. We just accept he screwed up, because that's what every ref in our league does.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    You've obviously never played football with competition involved :D

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    I played for a local club.....as a goalkeeper, its a new club, no real competition yet....but I'm happy as long as I'm the first choice goalkeeper...

@Seven Ref. sometimes can be a cocksucker, bah. who cares about them, they became ref. in the first place because they envy people who gifted with talent to play football:p

Gogeta

Jan 20, 2004
    I played for a men's team last season before that it was district football. I play either right midfield or striker. Am I good? Oh yes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I have played the game since I was five. I played on my high school's Varsity team for the last 4 years, and for my Club team South Penn for 5 years. My natural position is a free attacking midfielder, so I can use my excellent vision and distribution. Our coach played me as a cenrtral midfielder for my Sophomore and Junior years, but last year he surpirsed me and played me at Sweeper. I thought it would be terrible back there, but my coach said he put me in that role cuz I was the most knowledgable player of the game on the team, and I was needed to lead the team from the back. We played a very reserved 4-5-1 catenaccio style, and we always were being attacked. I guess it was a good idea, because we won the Maryland State Championships last year. My nickname was "Beck-enbauer". :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)