How many of us actually play football? (6 Viewers)

Jan 24, 2004
I didn't say that you are narrow-minded, your post was. you generalize and that's not fair. there are lots of women who are better than me. maybe there are two who are better than you. and sure, there are some who are not that good as we are.

"it's not a black and white world - there is the beauty of gray" (Kowalczyk)

Graham :p

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #42
    All I mean is that women compared to man haven't got the physical abilities to be good football players. I'm not saying that some women can't be better than some men. But saying that women are as good as men is saying you could outrun a Ferarri with the appropriate amount of training.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
    I didn't say that you are narrow-minded, your post was. you generalize and that's not fair. there are lots of women who are better than me. maybe there are two who are better than you. and sure, there are some who are not that good as we are.

"it's not a black and white world - there is the beauty of grey" (Kowalczyk)
    True, but I meant to say that the best male football players will always be better than the best female football players. I'm sure there are female players who are better than me. But I'm also sure I'd be better than a female player that has trained as much as I have. Unless she's got outrageous talent of course.

Jan 24, 2004
    well, you also know that physical abilities is not everything. but you're right that men may have advantages due to structure of their bodies. but please, don't say: "I'm better than you, cuz you are a girl"...take a ball and find the truth on the pitch, ok? :)

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #45
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
    well, you also know that physical abilities is not everything. but you're right that men may have advantages due to structure of their bodies. but please, don't say: "I'm better than you, cuz you are a girl"...take a ball and find the truth on the pitch, ok? :)
    No, but I think I'm allowed to say: "Chances are I'm better than you, because I'm better built for it than you are." And playing competitive football against girls... I don't know... I'd be scared of hurting them.

Jan 24, 2004
    I can't say that because it's always team work. we ended at 2nd place (all teams consists of men and women). it was fun anyway.

sure if I duel with my cousin she will lose (she's only 1.60m tall :D ). but when it comes to technique/passing/tricks then I'll be behind.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    we play the girls team at my club, and we always win, but i always come home more bruised than after any guys game. theyre brutal!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Well, I play for my school team, and we have a comp against 7 other schools in Winter sports...(rugby and soccer)

I am a striker.....so far this season.....
    played 9 matches
    scored 5 goals......;)

its an ok record I think....

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    I play with my mates.

Im eventually going to take pics of us playing football, and ill post em here.

I play in goal best, and attack midfield and left back are second choices. I have a cracking distance shot with both feet (like nedved) but im not very good at dribbling!:)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    i play attacking mid and have the goal scoring record for my team :stuckup:

except my team sucks so it was only like 11 goals, about 10 of which were solo-dribbling efforts.

our record last year was about 2-1-32 :down:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    I don't remember when did I start playing football... must be since I was a less-than-8-years-old kid..

I played in every position posible.. but, I suttled as a striker two years before high school.. I'm a good header, though I'm no that tall (1.74 m), and good in one touch pass and volley.. good player all in all.. at college, I won twice the internal competion and also twice ,but different occations, the national league between other colleges.. one as a captain..:stuckup: :strong:
    in my last year at college I played as a DM and sometimes as a CB.. (scored too many long range shots and FK's) I was stuck with that position till now.. it's a great position.. now I play occasionally with my work-mates.. we have our own company team, and we participate in tournaments against other companies..

but unfortunately, I had an injury in my ankle last year and it keeps coming back shotly after I recover..now, I keep going to the gym more than I practice football to keep my stamina and fitness high.. we have a tournament coming in two months.. I should be ready..

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    One of my mates is a freak......

15 goals in 11 games......2 hat-tricks

At the moment....I'm 5 goals from 9 matches

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #57
    Hat-tricks feel great.. and so do doubles...I've scored one hattrick this season and a couple of doubles, but believe me I should easily have had four hattricks.

Sep 28, 2002
    is there at least anyone who sucks at footy? so far everyone is great in every position and scores just for fun even if they're center halves. or maybe someone needs get back to earth?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    is there at least anyone who sucks at footy? so far everyone is great in every position and scores just for fun even if they're center halves. or maybe someone needs get back to earth?
    I'm not great in every position like everyone else here, because the main strengths to my game are my shooting and dribbling, which would probably make me a shite defender and an average midfielder. I play as a forward and I'd say my style is similar to Crespo's (except 10 times worse of course). I get back a little bit to get the ball so I'm not lazy like Trez, but I'm no Henry when it comes to standing in my own half of the field.

I used to play for my local club and for my school, where I played first grade, but that's not really anything to boast about. From 2 years ago (when I had to study for my university entrance exams), to the present, I've been getting zero exercise which has left me unfit and with a few extra pounds :down:

Anyway, I've only been playing indoor soccer these days; one all-age competition at an indoor sports centre nearby, and also an indoor comp at my uni. I score a fair bit in indoor, because I love shooting from anywhere and the field is so small. I'm not naturally very solidly built, but playing against guys twice my weight has really helped me improve my strength and 'bravery'. My uni semester just restarted, so I'll keep you guys updated on my team's results.

p.s. I don't mean to blow my own horn here, but I consider myself quite good at juggling/tricks, and control is more Zidane than Heskey :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)