How likely is it that Lippi will leave at the end of the season? (1 Viewer)

Will Lippi coach Juve next year if we fail to win the scudetto?

• I don't see why not

• Very unlikely

Results are only viewable after voting.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Scenario: we lose the scudetto, qualify for CL and win the Coppa.

Will Lippi stay on? Did he mean what he said when he rejoined us that we will never give up, even at bad times? Will the club tolerate a season of Lippi without trophies?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't think he'll leave. He's done so much for us, and i'm not saying we'll keep him based on history. Getting a new coach is very risky, because you never know if the new manager's gonna fit into the club or not.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Yeah, it's one bad season and we still have Coppa to win. We won Scudetto two year in a row and was in CL-final last year and just sack him after a bad season doesn't make sense. He ins't the only one to blame for this.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    I don't think he'll leave. He's done so much for us, and i'm not saying we'll keep him based on history. Getting a new coach is very risky, because you never know if the new manager's gonna fit into the club or not.
    Yeah but considering his statement about this squad being the best he ever had, then this season is a sham if we don't take the scudetto. But not only that, a lot of people have argued that he lacks ideas and makes poor decisions. I mean Montero as a leftback in the CL final? Tudor in midfield?

The issue at stake is a bigger one, not whether a season without glory is that bad but whether Lippi is not the Lippi of old times. He's been here 3 years now, a bit early to be losing his touch, don't you think? But it looks that way sometimes.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Yeah but considering his statement about this squad being the best he ever had, then this season is a sham if we don't take the scudetto.
    Then again, who expected Legro, Appiah and Miccoli to be so ineffective? We thought we had such depth at the beginning of the season because we'd added players to every department of the squad... it just didn't work out the way we planned.

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    But not only that, a lot of people have argued that he lacks ideas and makes poor decisions. I mean Montero as a leftback in the CL final? Tudor in midfield?
    Can't argue with that one. I don't know why he does it... but i'm not a tactician so i try not to argue with Lippi's ideas.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #6
    Then again, who expected Legro, Appiah and Miccoli to be so ineffective? We thought we had such depth at the beginning of the season because we'd added players to every department of the squad... it just didn't work out the way we planned.
    And don't you think the coach should be held at least partially accountable for not getting more out of them? I mean it's not like Moggi bought without telling him anything, is it?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    He should be held partially accountable, but nobody really saw this coming, and it didn't help that our players from last season are doing worse

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #8
    Yes but why ARE they doing worse? Why was Pirlo crap at Inter and why is he a genius at Milan? Ditto Seedorf. Why is Costacuarta still solid while Montero has totally lost his mind?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Former Inter players are a totally different thing ;)

EDIT: Bah you added that Montero part

You really can't blame Lippi for Montero. Getting football out of old players is like getting blood out of a stone

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #10
    No, it's exactly the same actually. Juve used to be the place where misfits like Peruzzi and Davids magically made their mark, we used to be able to get the most out of out players. Has that era come to an end now?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    That was more of a comment on Inter than ourselves. Inter is the opposite of us; a place where potential superstars like Pirlo and Seedorf magically do shite, while other clubs make the most out of them.

But you're right, none of our new players seems to have developed since we signed them :down:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    I don't see why not!! Time for fresh blood, Ideas and tactics to combine with the new players that are supposed to arrive in the summer. I have patience, i will wait and i am not in hurry for quick results.

We Need To Change Our style Of Play For God's Sake, and we can't do that with Lippi at the helm, unless we buy him a new mind :rolleyes:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    :LOL:
    What's so funny about that ?? :groan:

I meant I have patience and not in a hurry for the results from those the new coach and players. I want a well established team for the future with a totaly different style of play than our current one.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I know, I just like taking posts out of context to make it look like people contradict themselves ;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I think he'll leave. He's been with us for a long time, and if he doesnt take over the NT after Euro 2004 he wont do it in 2005 either. The FIGC wontfire a coach after a year just so they could hire Lippi.

So, if he really wants the job he has to take it this year.

Jul 28, 2002
    i dont see why he wont stay. he can have another shot at the tittle next year. But the nt will be the only thing to take him away from us.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't know what to think...will he stay or not? Lippi has done so much for this club and firing him would be crazy...but on the other hand he's expected to win and only winning Coppa won't be enough.

But the question is if there's any one better out there to be in charge of Juve. I mean, if Lippi won't win anything big this season, how can we expect someone else will?

I say we give him one more season. If he does really well and wins something important, he could stay. But if the next season will be no different from this one he should leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)