How likely is it that Lippi will leave at the end of the season? (1 Viewer)

Will Lippi coach Juve next year if we fail to win the scudetto?

• I don't see why not

• Very unlikely

Results are only viewable after voting.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I don't think we should blame Lippi for all the shortcomings this season. It is always difficult when you play matches with a half of your team out injured (including your captain). I also think the tactics that Lippi has chosen weren't that bad, but required more effort from the players who somehow failed to give.

Besides, Lippi is family. We all got over the fact that he left us to join Inter in 99 but we welcomed him back with open arms. He repaid that faith by winning us 2 back-to-back Scudettos and took us to the Champions League final last season. We all saw the hunger and will to win at the start of the season but that faded away thanks to our defense crisis and numerous injuries that we had to contend with.

I hope Lippi stays for at least one more season. I'm not a big fan of changes. A new coach might bring new ideas and tactics to the team, but will those tactics ultimately work? Will he pull us back on our feet and be Juve of the past seasons? Lippi is tried and tested. He had one bad season (like Capello's with Roma last season) but if we keep faith in him and add some quality players I'm sure we will be up there. Capello and Lippi are just treasures that we shouldn't mess up with.

So, all in all, Lippi to stay !!
I totally agree with you. We can't just wave goodbye to a coach of his calibre, not after all he has done for this club. After all, he is the man behind Juve's many years of success and firing him/letting him resign just because of one bad season would be stupid and wrong. I say we give him another chance and buy the players that will be neccessary so that he again has a competitive enough squad to win(basically defenders). If he fails to win either Serie A or Champions League next season, then we could fire him/let him resign.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

I totally agree with you. We can't just wave goodbye to a coach of his calibre, not after all he has done for this club. After all, he is the man behind Juve's many years of success and firing him/letting him resign just because of one bad season would be stupid and wrong. I say we give him another chance and buy the players that will be neccessary so that he again has a competitive enough squad to win(basically defenders). If he fails to win either Serie A or Champions League next season, then we could fire him/let him resign.
Yep, I agree with u, Paulo.
Lippi is always be my fav, he knows Juventus well as if the team are his own family. But sometimes things are not always be the same as what you're expected.
He didn't fail this season, he's just unlucky didn't get a good quality of players he wanted, plus lots of the key players injured. Unstability in Juventus needs a recovery soon. But now it's just too late, Lippi just have to keep Juventus on 3rd position, (or second if we're lucky enough)...but what will happen to Juve next season, if Lippi has to go...and the new coach coming (Del Neri or Prandelli), hopefully he'll make a wind of change in our team. I wanted all the best for Juventus!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
Lippi is always be my fav, he knows Juventus well as if the team are his own family.
Actually, he knows the players over 23 like his own family. The rest of them are treated like orphans

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Well, every managers/coaches has their own policy about their teams without any interference from anyone. Lippi knows what to do, that's all I can say :)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
do we know any other coach ( maybe Ferguson) who gives a higher standart results than Lippi?
if you know someone, please run and tell to Lucianone because we will need him.
i give lippi a vote of confidence for next season... if he wants to stay....

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
do we know any other coach ( maybe Ferguson) who gives a higher standart results than Lippi?
if you know someone, please run and tell to Lucianone because we will need him.
i give lippi a vote of confidence for next season... if he wants to stay....
Del Neri :thumb: Fergi isnt that good. look at the team he has. he loses one guy and everything is ruined

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
I dun thinkt aht Lippi will go away form us this season. This is 1 in few dissapointing seasons. And i just don't think that he will become NT coach yet.

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
it is known that i don't like him

i can't understand his tactic-decisions as for example (actuel) he brings evertime di vaio in the starting-lineup (if somebody is injured) instead of miccoli, who is much better then di vaio.

also i hope a new man will coach juve next year with a offensiv philosophy.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
Failing in a season doesn't mean that he should leave

He's a very very good coach and he can still lead Juve to more Trophies..Just let him buy some defenders and a midfielder and a striker and you'll see... Juve will be back

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Ok, Lippi is now linked with Real Madrid...

04/07/2004. Everybody at Juventus is convinced that Marcello Lippi will leave the club at the end of the season and the manager is looking for a new experience.

During his career he achieved a lot and he is considered one of the best managers in the world but he hasn't proved what he is worth in foreign team yet.

Lippi has already announced that he doesn't want to take Trapattoni's place as Italy's coach and after what happened to Real Madrid last night he is seriously thinking about moving to Spain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)