How likely is it that Lippi will leave at the end of the season? (4 Viewers)

Will Lippi coach Juve next year if we fail to win the scudetto?

• I don't see why not

• Very unlikely

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #21
    You know another thing about Lippi is the sheer determination of his Juve. I mean sure we've lost 4 finals ( :dielaugh: ) but he's always had the special quality that made us play well and hammer out results. The winning mentality of Juve in the 90s is all about Lippi. And if we don't take the league this season, that will be a serious question mark, is that mentality gone? Because when I think Lippi that is the first thing that comes to mind.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    i voted for very unlikely coz moggi sed that lippi is not leaving :p

having sed that, i do see what martin sees....as if he has lost his touch somehow :down: but even if he leaves, who wud be his replacement? nobody springs to mind......and please God forbid the "available" cuper from coming to juve :fero:

Sep 28, 2002
    i dont see why not. just because this is 2004. trap goes after the champs. lippi will definitely invited to take the job. since juve will be quite screwed he might just take the post. imo. if this was 2003 he would stay.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #25
    Well I have no doubt anymore. Lippi has lost it. Whatever it is he had, he doesn't have it anymore. :(

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Juventus need to change it's way of thinking. We need to give more chances to younger players.

Let me ask you this:

Would you rather suck with a young promising team that can only get better, or with a bunch of grampas and overrated players who's only path is downhill???

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #27
    I would rather not suck in any circumstances, thank you. Nor do I believe there is an inherent need to do so.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Let me ask you this:

Would you rather suck with a young promising team that can only get better, or with a bunch of grampas and overrated players who's only path is downhill???
    :D
    You can't really ask the question like that Zlatan...

But many of our oldies need to be replaced. And I think Lippi will leave, and that that will be the best solution for all.

I hope we get a good manager like Deschamps or Mourinho, not someone like Vialli.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I would rather not suck in any circumstances, thank you. Nor do I believe there is an inherent need to do so.
    I'd rather not suck either, but we already do suck, so it's just a question in which fashion we want to suck ;)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I don't think we should blame Lippi for all the shortcomings this season. It is always difficult when you play matches with a half of your team out injured (including your captain). I also think the tactics that Lippi has chosen weren't that bad, but required more effort from the players who somehow failed to give.

Besides, Lippi is family. We all got over the fact that he left us to join Inter in 99 but we welcomed him back with open arms. He repaid that faith by winning us 2 back-to-back Scudettos and took us to the Champions League final last season. We all saw the hunger and will to win at the start of the season but that faded away thanks to our defense crisis and numerous injuries that we had to contend with.

I hope Lippi stays for at least one more season. I'm not a big fan of changes. A new coach might bring new ideas and tactics to the team, but will those tactics ultimately work? Will he pull us back on our feet and be Juve of the past seasons? Lippi is tried and tested. He had one bad season (like Capello's with Roma last season) but if we keep faith in him and add some quality players I'm sure we will be up there. Capello and Lippi are just treasures that we shouldn't mess up with.

So, all in all, Lippi to stay !!

Sep 28, 2002
    as i said, the only reason why i think lippi will leave is that national team will invite him. if they dont i'm 99% sure he will stay. but there is one more thing. changes in laying squad are needed. i am very possitive it will be something of a revolution this summer. we cant rely on nedved and the likes for another year. if moggi and co thinks the same players will come and go. and that will bring changes in tactics and displays. so maybe it would the right moment to make those changes with a new manager.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    What I fear is that Lippi's Juventus is a book that has been read all over the league, everyone knows how we play and they know how to beat us.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    You know another thing about Lippi is the sheer determination of his Juve. I mean sure we've lost 4 finals ( :dielaugh: ) but he's always had the special quality that made us play well and hammer out results. The winning mentality of Juve in the 90s is all about Lippi.

Well I have no doubt anymore. Lippi has lost it. Whatever it is he had, he doesn't have it anymore. :(

:rofl:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #35
    You're not very bright, are you Z? Those two statements make perfect sense put together like that. The winning mentality is Lippi's trademark and now he's lost it, what's so hard to understand?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)