How do you rate your relationship with your parents? (9 Viewers)

Your relationship with your parents (be honest)

• I get along more with Mom

• I get along more with Dad

• Perfect relation with both since childhood

• It depends, sometimes it's my old man, other times it's my mom

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This whole thing sounds exactly like my parents, especially the bit about the little things. :D Like how she nags me to clean my room all the time or move my shoes....all the time.
:D

I hate it when she asks me when I'll come back home... and she always does it, she even knows I hate that. That... man, I swear one day I'll scream the shit out of me :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I get on okay with my folks.

You don't really get much by way of fights in our household, because sullen resentment is preferred to blazing rows.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I have a perfect relationship with both my parents. I always watch footie with my dad, we talk about cars, footballers and etc,. With my mom is a bit different, I talk to her about girls I, my emotions and all that. I'm thankful for my mama and my papa.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I have a perfect relationship with both my parents. I always watch footie with my dad, we talk about cars, footballers and etc,. With my mom is a bit different, I talk to her about girls I, my emotions and all that. I'm thankful for my mama and my papa.
:tup: pretty much the same except I do not utter a word about my private life to either of them due to the high propensity of snide commentary that I invariably receive.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
i have great relationship with my parents, we are 8. 4 Boys and 4 girls, my father is a very religious man, i respect him so much that if his just look to me i know what he mean and i never raised my voice against him. My mom is a illetrate women never been to school that doesn't mean she' isn't smart. She loves us so much that now if she say something to us to tell us she mad at us we don't take her seriously.
My dad gave us boys freedom, i do whatever i like, He never ask where i'm going or when i'm coming back, but it's a different story with the girls :p
I can say that i wouldn't trade my parents for anything, i love them ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
They're you're parents. You don't get to choose them, but who does?

They're not perfect. They often did the best they could under the circumstances -- and often in their own f'ed up ways. But we grow up, we become responsible for ourselves, and we should appreciate still having them in our lives -- because it won't be forever.

Enough said.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
They're you're parents. You don't get to choose them, but who does?

They're not perfect. They often did the best they could under the circumstances -- and often in their own f'ed up ways. But we grow up, we become responsible for ourselves, and we should appreciate still having them in our lives -- because it won't be forever.

Enough said.
:tup:
/thread

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
I get along with my mom more that I do with my dad. I mean, she was mostly the only parent i had, seeing as dad work in government. Also, she was there for me when I almost died of Salmonella poisoning when I was a kid. I love her to death, and although I get along well with dad, I'd be heartbroken if anything happen to my mom.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
I really can't tell about my relationship to my mother, I can't remember what kind of person she was or if I was more hers or dads. So I have to get along with my dad:D
He's one of those people who can't tell when you do something good, and it's never enough no matter how good you did in whatever and he's in general not the type to express his feelings. But I know he loves me, I love him, so I'm fine. We get along really well, we can bitch at each other and then discuss football 5 seconds later:D

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
Aug 25, 2007
As for shit bricking when pops raises his voice - my father was an army officer, so you can imagine how it is :D Even more, he was an army officer who came from a very wealthy family, but instead of continuing his dad's steps, study economics in western Europe or USA and have some leading position in the society, he decided to be "some army man" and oppose his father.
Now imagine when this man starts yelling at you :D

i can imagine what you go through, my dad is a luitenant in the lebanese army that is as well, his mind is rigid, from the north, very outdated, authoritarian, mom is like from a totally different planet compared to him, shes a city woman, open minded, been too many places, was raised in Sierra Leone and London, i dont know how they got married dont ask me, they dont get along at times, but hey there marriage has survived and sometimes we dont know the secrets to that.

my relationship with my dad is aukward, i try to be diplomatic at times, but most of the time you cant do a thing, whats on his mind is on his mind period, im 29 now, i once got smacked in the face for simply wearing a necklace i was 23 then, just a black all round cheap 5$ necklace which he ripped right off my neck. I got disciplined pretty hard as well, like this one time i got stomped, had chairs tables you name it thrown at me for simply getting 1/2 over 30 in a Quran Study class back in 1996, that is when i barely knew arabic as i had just arrived from London, he just didnt get it, had to bear the concequences nontheless, but i still love him, he did good things which made us better people in the end.

Mom on the other hand is very easy going, so thats where me and my brothers tended to lean to more, shes a strong woman, she could stand up for my dad to fend him off us when we were young lol, shes closer to us, been with us through bad and good especially during the civil war

sorry for making it long and talknig about my life but had to explain the reasons for my relationship with my parents

P.S. Hey guys, usually i lurk on here, but barely post, as id be doing other stuff, hope to be involved more in the future... anyhow heres my post and im not black

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #77
    can we add 'i punch them if they tell me not to smoke' option to the poll
    :lol:
    Rab calls me daddy
    Only during the weekends I admit.
    i can imagine what you go through, my dad is a luitenant in the lebanese army that is as well, his mind is rigid, from the north, very outdated, authoritarian, mom is like from a totally different planet compared to him, shes a city woman, open minded, been too many places, was raised in Sierra Leone and London, i dont know how they got married dont ask me, they dont get along at times, but hey there marriage has survived and sometimes we dont know the secrets to that.

my relationship with my dad is aukward, i try to be diplomatic at times, but most of the time you cant do a thing, whats on his mind is on his mind period, im 29 now, i once got smacked in the face for simply wearing a necklace i was 23 then, just a black all round cheap 5$ necklace which he ripped right off my neck. I got disciplined pretty hard as well, like this one time i got stomped, had chairs tables you name it thrown at me for simply getting 1/2 over 30 in a Quran Study class back in 1996, that is when i barely knew arabic as i had just arrived from London, he just didnt get it, had to bear the concequences nontheless, but i still love him, he did good things which made us better people in the end.

Mom on the other hand is very easy going, so thats where me and my brothers tended to lean to more, shes a strong woman, she could stand up for my dad to fend him off us when we were young lol, shes closer to us, been with us through bad and good especially during the civil war

sorry for making it long and talknig about my life but had to explain the reasons for my relationship with my parents
    Good to have you around here my Lebanese fella:). Nice post btw.

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
    Aug 25, 2007
    Good to have you around here my Lebanese fella:). Nice post btw.
    thanks, w sharaf la 2ileh kamen;), been a Juve fan since god knows when, funny thing is i dont know how i even got to became a Juve fan, i guess i was born to be one just found it out when i was 9 years old, my other two brothers are Man utd fans, my sister shes a hardcore Liverpool fan, we have like 4 TVs at home, and when weekends come, all TVs are turned to the premier league, the maid gets the fourth tv to watch her turkish soaps, gotta love that i tell ya

anyways nice to meetcha rab

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
    Aug 25, 2007
    And I though getting hit with the wooden spoon was bad...
    well its rare you find people like my dad but when you do, you cant do shit about it, you just gotta accept it, it goes down to the way he was raised, but we arent like that one bit, so that tradition of physical discipline ended with us, i mean i do discipline my son every now and then just not like how my dad did it obviously hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)