How do you rate your relationship with your parents? (7 Viewers)

Your relationship with your parents (be honest)

• I get along more with Mom

• I get along more with Dad

• Perfect relation with both since childhood

• It depends, sometimes it's my old man, other times it's my mom

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
One of my sisters would be like asking mom, why Rab can stay out as much as he wants while we can't? And my mum would be like, "Because he has balls, you don't" :lol:

Even now that one of them is married and is a mum, the other on the verge of getting married, she still warns them where not to go, what cabs to avoid etc etc :D
I know sometimes it's funny, but partly I agree with them. I would be more careful and extremely cautious if I have a 17 year old girl than a 17 year old boy, at least here in Malta

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    As for shit bricking when pops raises his voice - my father was an army officer, so you can imagine how it is :D Even more, he was an army officer who came from a very wealthy family, but instead of continuing his dad's steps, study economics in western Europe or USA and have some leading position in the society, he decided to be "some army man" and oppose his father.
    Now imagine when this man starts yelling at you :D
    Army officer back then during your father's time... That is indeed some scary shit :D

My Grandpa was the chief of police and chief of the biggest prison in one of Lebanese towns. One time he jailed my father and his brothers for 4days because they were not behaving :lol:.

True, it is kinda fucked up. Everytime someone asks me personal questions I joke away or answer vaguely. And all my romantic relationships have gone to shit cause of this over the years.
    You better fix it up before it's too late one day.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    I know sometimes it's funny, but partly I agree with them. I would be more careful and extremely cautious if I have a 17 year old girl than a 17 year old boy, at least here in Malta
    Same case here. I guess I'd be more careful with my girls no matter where we lived. Boys nowadays are fucking freaks just look at us :D, I wouldn't want my girl hanging out with fucked up boys like Burke :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Same case here. I guess I'd be more careful with my girls no matter where we lived. Boys nowadays are fucking freaks just look at us :D, I wouldn't want my girl hanging out with fucked up boys like Burke :D
    I wouldn't let my girl go out with a 17 year old Klin. That is for sure.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
    When I was 0 my parents divorce from each other. When I was 6 I saw my dad for the last time. My mother since then started to drink a lot of wine (two bottle a day)
    I have only contact with my mum now. When I was 18 I decided to move out. I am still happy about it because I have growth a lot since the moving out. My mother never had a new man when I lived with her.
    The relationship with my mother isn't that close as the relationship between my sister and my mother but that is already so since I can remember. My sister always needed more help with school and everything then I. So I was always alone or playing with my neighbourhood friends, or watching soccer with my brother (who is 6 years older then me). So I felt lonely a lot. When I was in high school and start going out to the city and start flirting with boys she never really care for me when I am came home. I could easily come home at 6 am without her noticed or being angry with me. Which was really not that nice cos all my friends had times to come home and everything.
    Now a days I still noticed my mother doesn't care that much for me as she does for my sister. She thinks I don't need any help at all (which is true). I only hate the fact she is never proud at me when I tell her that I passed my exam or something like that.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    Well,i Am the youngest of the 5 siblings so i was the spoilt kid of the family. I was very close to my parents,both my mom and dad but there is no way i would tell them "everything"
    Telling them everything would involve me telling them i am drinking and stuff at 16 or telling them how i would need money to repair my big brother's bike or car that i sneaked out with and crashed. But i did tell my mom about the "dream girl" i met in college and when we became a couple. Dad eventually found out via mom and he had always been more supportive than my mom.
    Soon my girl would be invited to all the family functions and get-togethers,i was pretty sure i would have ended up marrying that girl but at 17 i left home and moved to china, It was very difficult for my dad to see me leave,because the 4 elder siblings i have were all married and eventually moved elsewhere.
    Since then it has been hard to get that traditional family life which i really really miss. Now i get to see my family once every 8 months or so and i miss them like hell. So yeah i am a family guy and i would love to live with them again.
    Financially my family helped me a lot,my parents did send me to china and paid fat fat money for the first 6 months i was there,then i figured out a way to make my own money. The semister i failed i had to pay a huge fine which would lead me to be flat broke for the rest of the year and then my elder brother bailed me out.
    So yeah,ive been a family guy through out my life,always been close to them and always will be.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    My father was an alcoholic (not a hardcore, but it still counts) when I was a kid. That is why he had some fights with my mother and grandmother and, when I was 10 or so, he left the house. The reason? He had a gun, which was a gift from a friend, hidden in the house. Grandma found it. And what did she do? She went to the market and replaced it for potatoes. Seriously. The father was so angry that he left the house. Parents never asked for a divorce, but we have lived apart for some time, sometimes without a contact until my grandparents died, and it did so within 2 years.
    Afterwards they were reconciled, and I moved with my mother and older brother to live in his father's house in an older part of town. I was a kid when we were separated, I have not thought too much about anything, I spent time with friends playing football and I was very happy. But after a few years you realize how much, in fact, father's support was needed at times.
    I lost my brother ten years ago, died of a heart attack. It was the saddest and most painful day of my life and it's changed a lot. I was not an only child, I had a brother, although I often concealed that fact because I never wanted anyone to pity me.
    My brother was 11 years older than me, he was my role model, my second father in the absence of the right. I lost him, but got my old man back.
    Since then I have an unbreakable relationship with my family because we all know what we passed through and that we are each other's greatest support in life.
    The only thing that bothers me is that they keep checking on me everytime I go out, they want to check if I was OK, but I understand them. I love my mom, she was with me all my life and I don't know what would I do without her.
    They mean evertything in the world to me.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I have a unique relationship with my mom and my dad. Right after I was born I was sick a lot (I have asthma had malaria like a million times) and my dad being a doctor used to take care of me a lot so I would say out of all my siblings I'm his "weakness'. My dad's a pretty strict person but I'd say I get away with the most, which is not to say I do some crazy shit. But that doesn't mean I share stuff with him. I couldn't ever see myself sharing my feelings with him lol. I joke with him, talk politics, religion, sports, etc. but not more than that. I can talk to my mom about just about anything though. I don't like to keep stuff from her but she knows not to judge me...so I never feel like I have to hide something from her. Being a middle child I do have that syndrome though...with reason too though. My older brother and my dad don't really get along much so to fill that void my mom has always given him that extra love which she denies :rolleyes: My younger brother is 8 years younger than I and is the 'baby' of the house so naturally he's the most spoiled and babied.

My biggest issue with them I would say is how different we think sometimes. I grew up in the West so sometimes it's hard for me to comprehend their understanding of things. It wasn't really an issue when I was young but now that I'm getting older some things come up, like marriage for instance, where there is a divide on how we think.

Like Rab, I won't be moving until I'm married unless I get a job in another city. I don't really feel like I need to either because we all get a long plus I'd be a fool to turn down being mothered :touched:

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #35
    When I was 0 my parents divorce from each other. When I was 6 I saw my dad for the last time. My mother since then started to drink a lot of wine (two bottle a day)
    I have only contact with my mum now. When I was 18 I decided to move out. I am still happy about it because I have growth a lot since the moving out. My mother never had a new man when I lived with her.
    The relationship with my mother isn't that close as the relationship between my sister and my mother but that is already so since I can remember. My sister always needed more help with school and everything then I. So I was always alone or playing with my neighbourhood friends, or watching soccer with my brother (who is 6 years older then me). So I felt lonely a lot. When I was in high school and start going out to the city and start flirting with boys she never really care for me when I am came home. I could easily come home at 6 am without her noticed or being angry with me. Which was really not that nice cos all my friends had times to come home and everything.
    Now a days I still noticed my mother doesn't care that much for me as she does for my sister. She thinks I don't need any help at all (which is true). I only hate the fact she is never proud at me when I tell her that I passed my exam or something like that.
    I'm impressed Janna. Didn't know you moved alone and you relied on yourself. Really interesting.

Do you work? Or someone helps you financially?

WΏΏdy;3138107 said:
    Well,i Am the youngest of the 5 siblings so i was the spoilt kid of the family. I was very close to my parents,both my mom and dad but there is no way i would tell them "everything"
    Telling them everything would involve me telling them i am drinking and stuff at 16 or telling them how i would need money to repair my big brother's bike or car that i sneaked out with and crashed. But i did tell my mom about the "dream girl" i met in college and when we became a couple. Dad eventually found out via mom and he had always been more supportive than my mom.
    Soon my girl would be invited to all the family functions and get-togethers,i was pretty sure i would have ended up marrying that girl but at 17 i left home and moved to china, It was very difficult for my dad to see me leave,because the 4 elder siblings i have were all married and eventually moved elsewhere.
    Since then it has been hard to get that traditional family life which i really really miss. Now i get to see my family once every 8 months or so and i miss them like hell. So yeah i am a family guy and i would love to live with them again.
    Financially my family helped me a lot,my parents did send me to china and paid fat fat money for the first 6 months i was there,then i figured out a way to make my own money. The semister i failed i had to pay a huge fine which would lead me to be flat broke for the rest of the year and then my elder brother bailed me out.
    So yeah,ive been a family guy through out my life,always been close to them and always will be.
    Great post. I like it when kids are abroad or far away but still in-contact and always think of their family's. I know some people, actually relatives, left home when they were 18-19 and you barely hear their voices or see them once in a 10years if not more.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
    I'm impressed Janna. Didn't know you moved alone and you relied on yourself. Really interesting.

Do you work? Or someone helps you financially?
    Thank you I am proud at myself sometimes if I see how far I am with being independence comparing with my friends the same age as me
    I don't have a job right now. Only sometimes I work for an agency but I do get study money and I got more because my mother doesn't earn enough to give me money for my study.
    I never get money from my mother (only with my birthdays) but sometimes she gave me some clothes or stuff when I go shopping with her.
    So I pay everything myself but I don't mind because I learn how to be happy with small things. Only I can't go out many times because I don't have the money for that.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    My father was an alcoholic (not a hardcore, but it still counts) when I was a kid. That is why he had some fights with my mother and grandmother and, when I was 10 or so, he left the house. The reason? He had a gun, which was a gift from a friend, hidden in the house. Grandma found it. And what did she do? She went to the market and replaced it for potatoes. Seriously. The father was so angry that he left the house. Parents never asked for a divorce, but we have lived apart for some time, sometimes without a contact until my grandparents died, and it did so within 2 years.
    Afterwards they were reconciled, and I moved with my mother and older brother to live in his father's house in an older part of town. I was a kid when we were separated, I have not thought too much about anything, I spent time with friends playing football and I was very happy. But after a few years you realize how much, in fact, father's support was needed at times.
    I lost my brother ten years ago, died of a heart attack. It was the saddest and most painful day of my life and it's changed a lot. I was not an only child, I had a brother, although I often concealed that fact because I never wanted anyone to pity me.
    My brother was 11 years older than me, he was my role model, my second father in the absence of the right. I lost him, but got my old man back.
    Since then I have an unbreakable relationship with my family because we all know what we passed through and that we are each other's greatest support in life.
    The only thing that bothers me is that they keep checking on me everytime I go out, they want to check if I was OK, but I understand them. I love my mom, she was with me all my life and I don't know what would I do without her.
    They mean evertything in the world to me.
    Touchy post Gagi. I can tell you have a great character and strong mentally. Loosing a brother is a big pain and it leaves a mark I'm sure. It takes time to heal, to progess a great and wise mentality to progress with your life. I am sure you got them all.

I have a unique relationship with my mom and my dad. Right after I was born I was sick a lot (I have asthma had malaria like a million times) and my dad being a doctor used to take care of me a lot so I would say out of all my siblings I'm his "weakness'. My dad's a pretty strict person but I'd say I get away with the most, which is not to say I do some crazy shit. But that doesn't mean I share stuff with him. I couldn't ever see myself sharing my feelings with him lol. I joke with him, talk politics, religion, sports, etc. but not more than that. I can talk to my mom about just about anything though. I don't like to keep stuff from her but she knows not to judge me...so I never feel like I have to hide something from her. Being a middle child I do have that syndrome though...with reason too though. My older brother and my dad don't really get along much so to fill that void my mom has always given him that extra love which she denies :rolleyes: My younger brother is 8 years younger than I and is the 'baby' of the house so naturally he's the most spoiled and babied.

My biggest issue with them I would say is how different we think sometimes. I grew up in the West so sometimes it's hard for me to comprehend their understanding of things. It wasn't really an issue when I was young but now that I'm getting older some things come up, like marriage for instance, where there is a divide on how we think.

Like Rab, I won't be moving until I'm married unless I get a job in another city. I don't really feel like I need to either because we all get a long plus I'd be a fool to turn down being mothered :touched:
    When you grew up in a West you were living with them or alone?

As for your last part, that's the spirit, being mothered till I get married is the deal :D

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
    Oct 13, 2005
    My relationship with my father is good , I respect him a lot and I do whatever he asks for , and even if sometimes I disagree with him in some matters , then I prefer to stay quite rather than arguing with him .
    I just really got close to him when I discovered that he has cancer , I am spending so much more time with him now and whenever I am home I always make sure to go with him to his appointments .
    It's a shame that our relationship got better under these circumstances but I am happy that we are close to each other now anyway.

But me and my mom , she is like my best friend , I tell her every thing , we are all the time joking , I really don't know what to say , she means the world for me .

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    I said that I get along best with my mother - largely because my father is dead - but I've always been closer to mum.

She and I get along famously, and always have. We have the same sense of humour, and she's very open and non-judgmental. It never really mattered to her what I did, so long as I didn't get pregnant. Now that I am older we get along as if we're old friends, something which a lot of my friends seem to be jealous of.

My father died when I was 15, but was not around much from the start anyway. He was in the Navy, and so was frequently at sea. When I was smaller, I adored him. He would spend tons of time with me when he was home, and always bring me presents from abroad. When I get older, it got a bit more difficult, simply because he would miss so much of my life and as a teenager I found it difficult to confide in him. He tried, bless him, but it was much more difficult to talk about boys with him than it was with mum. He could also tease me in a way I really didn't enjoy, I suppose it was the way he was with his sisters when he was young (he came from a very large family). So while I loved him, he could be pretty irritating.

But they both treated me as an adult from a very young age, taking me travelling with them or to museums or the opera. Since I was an only child, and we moved around a lot, we really only knew one another and had to stick together. I was very lucky.

However, as a couple, they did not get along at all and fought almost constantly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)