How do you rate your relationship with your parents? (5 Viewers)

Your relationship with your parents (be honest)

• I get along more with Mom

• I get along more with Dad

• Perfect relation with both since childhood

• It depends, sometimes it's my old man, other times it's my mom

Results are only viewable after voting.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Great post. I like it when kids are abroad or far away but still in-contact and always think of their family's. I know some people, actually relatives, left home when they were 18-19 and you barely hear their voices or see them once in a 10years if not more.
I wanted my parents to move to china in the final year i was there,i got a house and all and we were all set but then my elder brother had a son and that little nibling made my parents move in with his family. I would like them to come and live with me in delhi but i dont force them because my brother and his little son can provide a much better family than i can right now. Also my father died a couple of years ago and being with grand-children helps mum a lot.

Once m stable with my career and finally get the job i want,i would like to get my family together back again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i get along very well with both my parents, the biggest fight i ever had with them was that my mother didn't want to let me sleep out one night haha...don't really tell them much, but i tell them enough so that they won't worry about me.
I'm very similar to my father, same sort of humour, and we both like to cook (he had a restaurant in london), so we tend to speak quite a bit about everything. I'm the young one in the family; have one elder brother; my mother tries to be the strict one when it comes to buying me stuff like electronics, games etc, but my father tends to cave and buy things for me, if he feels i earned/deserved it. Normally i get these 'presents' for exam results etc, though i got my ps3 to cheer me up lol, cause i had broken my leg. My mother tends to buy me a lot of clothes lol.

With regards to living, i currently live with my parents, but lived for 3 years just with my bro, which was fun and taught me a lot with regards to cooking, responsibility, money control etc.

I work during the summer, study during the winter, and full-time promoter, so earn money through these three places (in malta we get paid 86 euros a month to study lol and have a card with about 300-400 euros to spend on electronics, books and clothes). However i still get like 50-80 euros a week from my parents for when i go out.

So basically, have a very good relationship with both my parents, get along really well, can tell them anything, but avoid telling them about what i do on weekends and relationships haha

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am very close to my parents, and I love them to bits, but it hasn't all been smooth/plain sailing. When I was younger, we used to argue about everything, ranging from my long hair at the time, and my pierced ears, to staying out late, and following in my dad's footsteps as a diplomat.

I have been living and working in Bangkok alone for the past 6 years; I have learned to appreciate them and value their advice far more during this period. I was fortunate enough that my parents afforded me a good education, and always respected my opinion. I try to go and visit them back in Egypt once every 18-24 months, and my dad always makes a concerted effort to come and visit me in Bkk at least once a year. My family love Thailand, whereas I don't really miss Egypt quite as much, so things work out just fine.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I get on great with my parents, always have. I had a brilliant childhood, I never wanted for anything and I was smacked something fierce when I did something wrong. Sure my Dad is cranky 24/7 and my mother nags at me all the time with veiled criticisms of my life but that's your normal stuff though I guess.

If I have one criticism it's that they worked too much when I was a child and as such I've 'taken care' of myself for a good while. Basically I was given the tools to be a functioning adult and a nice guy, you can't ask for much more than that :)

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #45
    Great posts(stories) mates, really :)

I'm the youngest one(and the only boy) in the family so you guys can imagine how mama's boy I was back in my childhood days. My father didn't spoil me much though we always got along well, but I guess he was always thinking towards the future and was always worried(even till now) what I'd be doing in the future.

I can say that I get along more with my mom mostly, but that's because I was arguing almost weekly with my dad about my football future. He ruined my two chances trial training out in two different countries. He never wanted me to play the game but more follow his footsteps. I love him a lot though, we get along, we hang out and all, except that at work I don't recognize him he's a freaky tough mean man at work.

My mom is the person I share with her everything, I even finance her since my parents got divorced some few years now. I will never forget how much she suffered and had sleepless nights when I had my knee fucked and went under the surgery.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    When you grew up in a West you were living with them or alone?

As for your last part, that's the spirit, being mothered till I get married is the deal :D
    With them.

Forreal, it is. Then I might just go Woody's route and have them live with me...but that'll be a long way down the road :p

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    My biggest issue is my dad. In general, it's always my mom who is easy going and trusts me, but my dad doesn't. If it weren't for my mom I'd be a hermit, and I'm serious. Too many petty arguments. Yes, I have daddy issues. :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    My biggest issue is my dad. In general, it's always my mom who is easy going and trusts me, but my dad doesn't. If it weren't for my mom I'd be a hermit, and I'm serious. Too many petty arguments. Yes, I have daddy issues. :D
    Remember that men have no real idea about women, they are aliens, so he just does what he thinks is best and tries to always protect you.

As for my parents, fucking mentalists. I get on with them ok, nearly got into a fist fight with my dad last week. My mother is particularly over protective and my dad is a bit of an asshole but we usually come to some middle ground.

You'll find when you move out of your parents' house you get on better with them.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #50
    As for my parents, fucking mentalists. I get on with them ok, nearly got into a fist fight with my dad last week. My mother is particularly over protective and my dad is a bit of an asshole but we usually come to some middle ground..
    What happened that got you almost in a fist fight with your dad?:D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I dunno, I was round there and he started shouting about something totally pathetic and after about 30 seconds I told him to shut his fucking mouth. He's like a barking dog, mostly posturing.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Remember that men have no real idea about women, they are aliens, so he just does what he thinks is best and tries to always protect you.

As for my parents, fucking mentalists. I get on with them ok, nearly got into a fist fight with my dad last week. My mother is particularly over protective and my dad is a bit of an asshole but we usually come to some middle ground.

You'll find when you move out of your parents' house you get on better with them.
    Speak for yourself, Jay. I understand women just fine. It's just a shame that they don't understand me.

My relationship with the parents is quite good. Never had any major problems with them, besides the usual stuff that happens when you're growing up. I'm a lot closer with my mom though, since we agree on many/most topics. Unlike my father at times.
    But I can't say I tell them everything, and that's probably for the best as well.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    I live with my dad, but the relationship is strictly "professional"-- I do what I have to do, he doesn't ask me questions :D. We keep away from all personal conversation-- school, work, politics, weather... that's it; no girl friend talk, no emotions.

Although I don't live with my mom, we're very close, as all my siblings are. I'd say I'm a mama's boy-- can't imagine my life without her.

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    Explains the gay avatars :D
    Shut up HOMO :D

Hoping to do that soon, the yelling stresses me out.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Err, I guess I would have to say ok with both of my parents. It's not that great, though. I get into fights with both mom and dad, even though they have constant fights too over stupid things (yeah, many times I feel more mature than them and tell them to shut their mouth). I try to ignore so many things my dad does and my blood boils, but eventually it all goes out and we have a fight, but it's always me that's right :p I don't have those with my mom, but she annoys me with silly things, so I don't ignore that too. I'm easy to get along with as long as they don't jump on my nerves constantly, then I get very nervous and not so controllable.

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    Err, I guess I would have to say ok with both of my parents. It's not that great, though. I get into fights with both mom and dad, even though they have constant fights too over stupid things (yeah, many times I feel more mature than them and tell them to shut their mouth). I try to ignore so many things my dad does and my blood boils, but eventually it all goes out and we have a fight, but it's always me that's right :p I don't have those with my mom, but she annoys me with silly things, so I don't ignore that too. I'm easy to get along with as long as they don't jump on my nerves constantly, then I get very nervous and not so controllable.
    This whole thing sounds exactly like my parents, especially the bit about the little things. :D Like how she nags me to clean my room all the time or move my shoes....all the time.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
    Really nice to read all these story about everyone childhoods I always wondering what it is like growing up in other cultures as the mine :)
    great topic Rab :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)