Hillsboro Hype (3 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Now I do not have any objection to Liverpool paying their respects before their game but I do not see why this collective mourning has to be rolled out across the country. It may sound insensitive but this tragedy happened 25 years ago and by asking all fans to take part seems contrived to me.

There have been other disasters such as Heysel, Bradford and Munich but they are remembered in a quiet, dignified manner.

I have admiration and respect for those who campaigned to get justice and uncover the truth but I am fed up of being forced to continually hear about the injustice they suffered.

The Taylor Report rightly criticises the police and medical services but as far as I can tell doesn't appear to fully address the culpability of any Liverpool fans. There were a great number of fans in the ground who did not have tickets and shouldn't have been there and were, in my opinion, a contributing factor in the disaster.

Yes, I feel terribly sorry for the families that lost loved ones that day but I feel equally sorry for the loved ones of the Bradford City disaster.

I can't help but feel that the Liverpool fans keep reminding us of the tragedy to somehow remove their own guilt. Man Utd, Chelsea, whoever involved. Fuck'em all.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Juventino[RUS];4507712 said:
Last time they did it when Juventus - L'pool were playing, otherwhise it's all about h'boro
Not true. There's usually a moment of silence and some sort of ceremony if there is a match on that day.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Juventino[RUS];4507723 said:
Season in EPL ends in the middle of may, so it's impossible that Liverpool is playing on 29th may
Unless it's a Champions League finale. Even so, there's a ceremony at Mellwood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)